Houston's DC

chferg

#CousinEddieTime
Aug 5, 2014
Gonna be the next big time DC. What he does at Houston with what he has is nothing short of impressive. Would hate to see his D when talent like Bama or us

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Ed Oliver is a freaking man-child

Herman is 16-1 so far with recent wins vs FSU and OU. The guy is the next Urban. It's about time one of his assistants actually did something.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
He's obviously a good recruiter too. They pulled in the 5 star dt who's been blowing everything up.

divits

Founding Member
A Muffin of the Studly Variety
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Herman kisses every one of his players before each game. I'm not kidding. Every one.

Amazing what the game of football has become. o_O

kissingcougars.0.gif

Did I see tongue?

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
They put a graphic on-screen showing that 23 of Houston's players came from surrounding Houston,
local high schools. Is that easy recruiting and how many 4* & 5* exist in that area.?

lrtx1

Dec 2, 2014
Herman kisses every one of his players before each game. I'm not kidding. Every one.

Amazing what the game of football has become. o_O

kissingcougars.0.gif

Did I see tongue?

Looks like he's only kissing the same 4 guys over and over. And there was definitely tongue.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
He certainly seems to have them going in the right direction. To score wins over OU and FSU shows that their getting the most out of their players and the fact that defense doesn't take a back seat to offense shows that their program will be able to compete with anyone at almost anytime. I wasn't real impressed with their game last night but maybe it was just a down game for them. They would have no problem being right at the top of the Big 12.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
They put a graphic on-screen showing that 23 of Houston's players came from surrounding Houston,
local high schools. Is that easy recruiting and how many 4* & 5* exist in that area.?

Their entire roster comes from an average of 32 miles from campus. OU's is around 350 miles/average. They showed that graphic during the OU/Houston game.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
That DC came from FIU, but of course he wasnt a one of their lowest paid position coaches so waaay to rich for or blood.

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
That DC came from FIU, but of course he wasnt a one of their lowest paid position coaches so waaay to rich for or blood.

What a stupid statement, on par for your dumb ones but man...it never ends with you. I doubt any of us knew he was from FIU, or what his salary was or what he's paid at Houston. But you selectively highlight pay as why we didn't go for someone like him, as opposed to acknowledging an FIU guy has done well?

Would it be better if we paid an ass ton of money for an assistant from a great program that turned out not to be worth anything? Would it be acceptable if we got a gem like him from Podunk U and he turned out great, even if he wasn't demanding top dollar?

Your comments are tired and the only message they convey is you still have sand in your vagina. Take the long way home and think about your attitude, son. Maybe that chaffing will give you a reason to change.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member

... and at the interview, Foley asked some probing questions; then decided he was too defensive.:confused:

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member

If we hired a DC from FIU and paid him you would be posting constantly about how we hired from a low rated school because we didn't want to pay for somebody from a Big 5 school.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
What a stupid statement, on par for your dumb ones but man...it never ends with you. I doubt any of us knew he was from FIU, or what his salary was or what he's paid at Houston. But you selectively highlight pay as why we didn't go for someone like him, as opposed to acknowledging an FIU guy has done well?

Would it be better if we paid an ass ton of money for an assistant from a great program that turned out not to be worth anything? Would it be acceptable if we got a gem like him from Podunk U and he turned out great, even if he wasn't demanding top dollar?

Your comments are tired and the only message they convey is you still have sand in your vagina. Take the long way home and think about your attitude, son. Maybe that chaffing will give you a reason to change.

I agree. I posted a thread about a month ago that our assistants all got big raises (our DC makes over $900K now)....and Law even responded to that thread (w/ "it's about time" or something like that)....then just a week or so ago posted that we don't pay our assistants well. Our assistants make roughly the same as most schools of our stature - now (not when we hired McElwain, but now).

Here's the original thread:

http://gatorchatter.com/threads/assistant-coaches-get-raises-big-one-for-collins.10003/#post-355114

Looks like someone opened the checkbook:

http://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/florida-football/new-contract-details-florida-assistants-released/

New contract details for Florida assistants released

Florida defensive coordinator Geoff Collins became one of the highest-paid assistant coaches in college football Monday when he signed a new deal worth $900,000 per year over the next two seasons, according to documents provided to GatorBait.net via an open records request. Collins also earned a $150,000 retention bonus in February and will be given another if he’s still on the Gators staff in Feb. 14, 2017.

The second-year coordinator reportedly interviewed for the head coaching job at UCF this offseason, which may have upped Florida’s ante on a new deal. The Gators also gave new deals to co-defensive coordinator Randy Shannon (two years, $409,750), offensive line coach Mike Summers (two years, $498,500) and new defensive backs coach Torrian Gray (two years, $335,000).

Defensive line coach Chris Rumph was given a one-year extension and $85,000 raise, which brings his salary up to $500,000 per year. Rumph is now signed through the 2017 season.

Offensive coordinator Dough Nussmeier was also extended through 2017, while running backs coach Tim Skipper, wide receivers coach Kerry Dixon and tight ends coach Greg Nord are still under contracts through the 2016 campaign. All three coaches signed two-year deals when they joined Jim McElwain’s staff in December 2014.

#1 BMF, Jul 25, 2016

---------------------------------

And here's another post from the thread for comparison:

FSU handed out raises:

Florida State: Defensive coordinator Charles Kelly has received a raise to $833,000 annually (up from $583,000), according to Tomahawk Nation. All other assistants received $9,000 raises, to salaries as follows: Tight ends coach Tim Brewster ($442,000), defensive ends coach Brad Lawing ($424,000), offensive line coach Rick Trickett ($592,000), co-offensive coordinator / QB coach Randy Sanders ($592,000), co-offensive coordinator / WR coach Lawrence Dawsey ($472,000), defensive tackles coach Odell Haggins ($472,000), running backs coach Jay Graham ($403,000) and linebackers coach Bill Miller ($403,000). In addition, athletic director Stan Wilcox received a raise to $757,985 (up from $510,000).

-----------------------------

Here's a comment from Law:

I'm not happy about giving most of these guys raises but I'm happy that we aren't paying Sunbelt salaries anymore.

Gatorphan

Founding Member
Clown Sniper
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
If we hired a DC from FIU and paid him you would be posting constantly about how we hired from a low rated school because we didn't want to pay for somebody from a Big 5 school.
There is no doubt this is true.

There are several posters who continue to chastise our current DC, despite the performances on the field. I was skeptical about this hire, but the results a have been very good, especially with the lack of LB's on his roster.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
:lol: we were too cheap to hire fiu's dc so we hired Mississippi state's dc

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.