How big was the Bailey play?

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I had to log off the chatbox because of family stuff but what was the consensus on the INT that bounced off of Bailey (I think it was Bailey)? It looked like Grier hit him perfectly in stride for what should have been a nice gain. Instead ECU gets a short field and a score.

LongTooth

Lifetime Member
Feb 4, 2015
ECU would not have been within seven at the end.

poor effort from bailey. do better kid. your team needs to play near perfect to have a chance this year.

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Well if Bailey had caught that ball, I'd probably have no reason to yell at my TV in the fourth. Poor effort by him on that play but also by several others today. I hope they learn from this and have a better week of practice.

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I think the missed Field Goals will be
more important in the long run.....

Hardin's confidence is blown!

oxking

Founding Member
Pops
Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2014
Founding Member
That play was a microcosm of the entire night when luck went south. That call against our tight end for blocking which was one of the worst I've ever seen. Hardin reverting to bad form. Grier losing all sense of direction with his passes in his last turn. Oh, and don't let me forget his tripping of Cronkite on a hand off. And to top it all off, Davis tackling his own man to prevent a touchdown on the last play. What a scream!

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
deuce;n277726 said:

Those were absolutely horrible.

CaribGator

Founding Member
Snappy for Nappy
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
It added to the multiple incidents that will give the staff a ton of work to get this team to play at a championship level. Little things add up.. and a turnover isn't a little thing. But it added adversity to the game which will help against better opponents.

crosscreekcooter

Founding Member
Cunning Linguist; RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Last night was one of those strange game nights where nothing goes right and if it can go terribly wrong it will. I hope it's that one game we get out of the way early. Fulwood did have a catch last night, which is encouraging. I would not want to be a UF football player this week.

biggator6

Oct 2, 2014
oxking;n277794 said:
Davis tackling his own man to prevent a touchdown on the last play. What a scream!

That was smart football.. the game was over - unless an ECU player caught up and stripped him. No need to chance it.

oxking

Founding Member
Pops
Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2014
Founding Member
biggator6;n277927 said:
That was smart football.. the game was over - unless an ECU player caught up and stripped him. No need to chance it.
Maybe so. When I saw the play, I thought he had simply got disoriented but I might have been the only person who got that idea. Besides, if he had of began running down the field, the game clock would have run out anyway and no other plays could have been run, barring a penalty, but of course, on a night like this one, that probably would have occurred and they would have had one more play, 1/2 distance to the goal.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
oxking;n277794 said:
Oh, and don't let me forget his tripping of Cronkite on a hand off.

That was all on Crunk. He tripped himself. Grier didn't do anything wrong.

VulcanAlex

Founding Member
Senior Vulcan Cowboy
Jun 16, 2014
Founding Member
Plenty of issues.

Poor call on offensive pass interference early.
Missed field goals
poor choice of receivers
forcing the ball into coverage
locking into one receiver early
no outside running attack
multiple fumbles
No return game
roughing the punter
foolish 15 yard penalities
several badly missed throws by both of our QBs

That is most of the issues, without them we win this game easily, score a lot more points and give up fewer.

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
deuce;n277726 said:

I don't think so. You may be right but I think he's going to carry on. The problem is that he's never been automatic, regardless of his confidence level.

G 2

Founding Member
Gator Great
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
biggator6;277927 said:

That was Muschamp ball.

Sent from my Note 5 using Tapatalk.

Thick&ThinG8r

Lifetime Member
Aug 21, 2014
I was at the game and didn't see a replay, I thought he bobbled it and never had possession. Was it ruled a fumble or an int.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Thk&ThnG8r;n278507 said:
I was at the game and didn't see a replay, I thought he bobbled it and never had possession. Was it ruled a fumble or an int.

He never caught it, but the ball never hit the ground. Kind of a fluke play.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.