How do you really feel about next year?

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Alright ****ers, I wanna know what percentage of you feel like the football program is on the right track heading into next year. The rules are simple....no middle ground, no if's, what's or might be's. State your case like a man and list the reason why we succeed or fail.....There is a lot of b!tching about recruiting and about the QB position or the state of the defense.... Just state your case and be done with it.

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
About the same as this year. mediocre team playing in a really bad East means we may compete for the east again. Running game should be significantly better, passing a total unknown but hard to imagine it being worse. Defense takes a little step back but still solid. Special teams should at least allow us to attempt FG's. 9-3 vs 10-2.

Fishon

Founding Member
BANNED
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I think the team takes a step back. There will be a continuous process of weeding out the chaff and we will be relying on a lot of young guys to take on important roles. Our schedule is the easiest we've had in a long time and has about 7-8 automatic wins and I think we win 1-2 that we shouldn't and end up around 8-9 wins.

I know a lot of people will be unhappy with that, but I'm keeping my expectations realistic. If we win 7 or fewer, I would be concerned.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
Are we heading in the right direction? Yes.
Why? We no longer have a dumb**** head coach.
The forward pass is now part of the offense.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Defense:
Slightly worse, but we won't quit in any games again. In fact, we probably won't notice the difference because they are playing with a functional offense.

Offense:
Improved OL that will be able run block effectively and we have some nice options at RB for a change. This will open up the passing game and we'll be much improved (hard not to be) with Callaway being our go to guy. I expect a monster year from him. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying we'll be a top 25 offense, but we won't have to give up when/if we get down by more than a TD.

That should put us no worse than 2nd in the East and I'll be disappointed if we don't sweep our side again. 8-4 to 10-2 with 9-3 being the likely outcome.

Of course, all of the above is negated if Treon wins the starting job behind center. :lol:

Jack o' Diamonds

My mind is made up, don't confuse me with facts...
Lifetime Member
Aug 29, 2015
The forward pass is now supposed to be part of the offense.

FIFY.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
I expect the offense to continue to get better. Maybe crack the top 40.
Total offense rankings last few years:
2009 #3
2010 #77
2011 #98
2012 #97
2013 #117
2014 #104
2015 #83

I look at that and I'm just amazed how anyone supported Mustank.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
The forward pass is now supposed to be part of the offense.

FIFY.
LOL. Yes thank you. That would be more accurate. But it's nice to see there is finally an attempt.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
I think the team takes a step back. There will be a continuous process of weeding out the chaff and we will be relying on a lot of young guys to take on important roles. Our schedule is the easiest we've had in a long time and has about 7-8 automatic wins and I think we win 1-2 that we shouldn't and end up around 8-9 wins.

I know a lot of people will be unhappy with that, but I'm keeping my expectations realistic. If we win 7 or fewer, I would be concerned.
Spot on....no excuse for less than 8 or 9 wins.

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Alright ****ers, I wanna know what percentage of you feel like the football program is on the right track heading into next year. The rules are simple....no middle ground, no if's, what's or might be's. State your case like a man and list the reason why we succeed or fail.....There is a lot of b!tching about recruiting and about the QB position or the state of the defense.... Just state your case and be done with it.
You want a concrete answer about next year when recruiting isn't finished and we're still a few months away from spring ball? With as many question marks as we have who knows what's going to happen. Right now i'd say we'll probably be in the 7-8 win range but IF we find some decent QB play from someone we could easily be back to 10 wins.

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
9-3. A tougher schedule but a better overall squad, primed for the big run in 2017. QB and OL play will be better.

heversle

Founding Member
Baba Booey Tata Toothy
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
We're going back to Atlanta. 11-1 regular season. We'll FINALLY get consistent run blocking this year from our O-line and Mark Thompson will be the beast, workhorse running back that we've grown accustomed to seeing dominate at other SEC schools recently. Del Rio will do a good job managing the offense before Franks takes over the starting job midseason after a string of excellent practices. Neither QB will be asked to do a ton offensively as our running game will make life more manageable for both QBs for much of the year. That being said, Callaway will take the next step as a receiver and have another solid year. One incoming receiver will have a big impact for us next year as well, very similar to Callaway in 2015. Like others have said already, the defense will take a small step back, but we will still be one of the better defensive teams in the country. We will overachieve again next year.

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
Maybe I will be more optimistic after spring ball, but now I don't understand why our O-line is going to be better, and I have no idea who our qb will be. I think our defense will fall off, but only a little, so although these things could turn out well, I see no reason to make that assumption. 8-4.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.