How it used to be

Swamp Queen

Mrs. Sasquatch
BANNED
[QUOTE='78;n271030]25 years ago.

11896224_10153601127392012_3030120934053985513_o_zpsbupc0pg2.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Did it move a little when you posted that picture?

divits

A Muffin of the Studly Variety
Lifetime Member
Heyyyyy, .....wait a minute. You guys are talking about sex stuff, aren't you?

hmmm-alright.gif

Swamp Donkey

7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
that's hilarious. I need to buy a van just so I can do that. I don't think it would be the same without the van.

The Original DC

Postradamus
Lifetime Member
divits;n270641 said:
Before cell phones, before 4.8 GPA requirements, before big screen TVs, before instant gratification demands and before years of agonizing offense, missing game day at the Swamp was unheard of. Even when teams like New Mexico State came to town the Swamp was packed and rockin'.

While I think we have a long way to go before teams fear playing in the Swamp again, here's hoping this Saturday sets the tone for the future in a positive way.

"But to truly understand and appreciate what “The Swamp” was like in Spurrier’s hey day, consider the words of New Mexico State coach Bill Hess, who was in absolute awe of what his team experienced.

“I don’t think you’re No. 1 just because you run up 70 points on somebody, but I’ll say this about Florida -- they’ve got a No. 1 atmosphere. I’ve never seen such a rabidness, such mania with a crowd,” Hess said. “When Florida ran on the field, the fans nearly blew the roof off the place. We’re not used to that in Las Cruces (N.M.). It was deafening. The crowd was just toying with us.”

He wasn’t done.

“I hate to see it when Alabama or Auburn comes in here,” Hess continued. “It’s probably just as awesome for them, too. This place is a different world. Those people know how to make noise.”

To the next generation of Gators fans, consider this a history lesson of what a day at Ben Hill Griffin Stadium can be. "

https://www.gatorzone.com/harry/blo...co State (and that season opener 21 years ago)

Reminds me of when the commentator referred to the Swamp as "the loudest, most obnoxious piece of real estate on the face of the earth." Can't remember which announcer said that, but it was the truth.

Law98gator;n270836 said:
The SEC is currently as bad as it's ever been in my lifetime. Most teams are running a Stone Age offense, whether it's power I or veer out of spread formations with run first QBs. The few teams that actually attack either have a no defense (aTm) or are infected with dummazz (Ugly). The current beast of the SEC played a converted WR at QB last year and may do it again this year. All the top defenses cheat toward stopping the run and have been decimated by any QB who can actually penalize them for playing too tight. We suck as bad as the Big 10 of the 90s. It is painfully boring football. Same mentality on most coaching staffs.

The right coach could easily dominate this league again.

This is the dumbest post I've ever seen on this board.

The Original DC

Postradamus
Lifetime Member
This was the height of the pandemonium in the Swamp, I still get chills watching it. I remember yelling so loud after that Johnson-to-Quezzie play that I nearly passed out. I also miss Sean McDonough calling our games. He fed off the Swamp's energy and loved calling games there. You could hear in his voice, he was caught up in the emotion and energy of the crowd:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.