How James Franklin turned Penn State into a playoff contender

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Oh please. These days you go to federal prison for life if you whistle at a pretty lady. There obviously wasn't any real evidence that he covered even one incident like this up, or not only would he not be coaching for PSU, he wouldn't be coaching anywhere.

Because no one covered up kids being raped at Penn State at all?

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
Oh please. These days you go to federal prison for life if you whistle at a pretty lady. There obviously wasn't any real evidence that he covered even one incident like this up, or not only would he not be coaching for PSU, he wouldn't be coaching anywhere.

I agree there was plenty of smoke, no hard evidence. One of the players actually came to Jackson to play for a local small college, very bad decision on their part according to me.

http://www.tennessean.com/story/spo...bilt-rapist-brandon-banks-play-lane/32309531/

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Because no one covered up kids being raped at Penn State at all?
Not sure what your point is (nothing new there). Paterno was disgraced and run out of coaching so fast he died weeks later. Sandusky is in federal prison for life.

Sober up.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
Franklin did nothing wrong as near as I can find.
When he addressed the players he told them he had seen the security footage first hand to emphasize the seriousness of the situation. He later admitted he had not. That's the big lie.

He talked the victim. The Nashville DA said the contact was "insignificant and not inappropriate".

Unless somebody submits something more damning this is much ado about nothing.

SC Gator

Sorta Kinda
Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
I was at the Penn State game. The atmosphere was incredible, like it use to be at the swamp. White out pretty impressive. Still the Swamp was better in that we come on the field better and do the chomp and we are the boys. Even though older program, more traditional stuff in Gainesville

This is second time there, (family member went there) JoPa has been virtually erased from state college. Except for the Peterno Iibrary, not a mention of him anywhere.

ChiefGator

Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
Not sure what your point is (nothing new there). Paterno was disgraced and run out of coaching so fast he died weeks later. Sandusky is in federal prison for life.

Sober up.

Yes and Paterno had almost nothing to do with it. Sure he was old and did not pay enough attention, but he delegated it to the proper authorities, they messed up.

And the NCAA getting into it as they did also proved to be incorrect.

ChiefGator

Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
I was at the Penn State game. The atmosphere was incredible, like it use to be at the swamp. White out pretty impressive. Still the Swamp was better in that we come on the field better and do the chomp and we are the boys. Even though older program, more traditional stuff in Gainesville

This is second time there, (family member went there) JoPa has been virtually erased from state college. Except for the Peterno Iibrary, not a mention of him anywhere.

Yes they even removed his statue, he took a small salary and gave back. Now he also used his position to get opportunities.

I believe he got a lot of blame that should have gone to others, but that is just me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.