Status
Not open for further replies.

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Just read it. The team better hold onto their butts, because it's about to get intense. Which is good, they need it. I'd love to see a tough Florida team again.

Albert

Enormous Member
Aug 22, 2014
We might not make the SECCG anytime soon, but I have to believe the days of looking like somebody's punk byatch on every down have come to an end.

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
I'm thinking there will be some transfers if the workouts are as tough as advertised. I like it.

I seem to remember the complaints from Meyers first off season work-outs. They set up puke cans!

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I'll try to capsulize the points:
1) max preparedness
2) top focus day in day out ( offseason & during season)
3) a best offseason conditioning program = max preparedness again
4) DM's greatest strengths coincide with UF's glaring weaknesses
5) great at talent evaluation & talent development (esp. QB)
6) ave. 30 ppg last 4 seasons - playing SEC West opponents
7) gets top SEC performance out of 3* QBs
8) under DM QB recruits can see that he's developed 3*QBs for the NFL
9) playmakers at UF will thrive
10) schemes, plays, routes will be based on how they're being defended (or not defended)
11) DM is attenuated to our players' learning curve
12) DM's playstyle thus Gators' playstyle will be physical bamnit!
13) he'll get playmakers 1 on 1 matchups
14) DM actually loves doing fan engagement (fires 'em up about their Gators, ups attendance)
15) DM cleared house of McCrew... changed UF's recruiting board (bye-bye McSoftie recruits)
16) He spoke to players, to team for 30 minutes before he spoke to press
17) players exhibited exactly correct body-language i.e. nodding amen at DM's team meeting
18) DM is blunt, he's genuine, zero fakiness = new era
19) Thru his career his players always understand: "he's their HC trying to get the best out of them"

It was a long article.

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I'm thinking there will be some transfers if the workouts are as tough as advertised. I like it.

I seem to remember the complaints from Meyers first off season work-outs. They set up puke cans!
@realbsikes: After reading this about Mullen’s S&C program, I won’t be surprised at all if UF soon experiences some heavy roster attrition...

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
We might not make the SECCG anytime soon, but I have to believe the days of looking like somebody's punk byatch on every down have come to an end.

We just fired the guy who made two of them. He better get us there, not sure what your definition of "anytime soon" is but words are meaningless. Results and record are the only thing that matters and if he doesn't get us to the SECCG (which will require beating our biggest rival) he's going to be looking for another job within a few years.

Slevin

Law’s Alter-Ego
BANNED
Aug 12, 2014

It’ll get the Quiverlip specials out of the program that’s for sure.

Mullen is proving by day he isn’t messing around. Firing long standing staff members, processing 2 stars Butters melted in the sun for. It’s a sight to be seen so far

Slevin

Law’s Alter-Ego
BANNED
Aug 12, 2014
We just fired the guy who made two of them. He better get us there, not sure what your definition of "anytime soon" is but words are meaningless. Results and record are the only thing that matters and if he doesn't get us to the SECCG (which will require beating our biggest rival) he's going to be looking for another job within a few years.
The roster is depleted of real elite talent. It’ll take a few classes to beat out Georgia. I think Kirby is mediocre and this team is a flash in the pan, but they are still loaded to the T with elite players. We might have to wait til 2-3 years in to get there and win it.

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
@realbsikes: After reading this about Mullen’s S&C program, I won’t be surprised at all if UF soon experiences some heavy roster attrition...
I'm a firm believer in making the off season pure hell. Those that stick will have fun in the Fall and win in the 4th quarter.

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
The roster is depleted of real elite talent. It’ll take a few classes to beat out Georgia. I think Kirby is mediocre and this team is a flash in the pan, but they are still loaded to the T with elite players. We might have to wait til 2-3 years in to get there and win it.
Diddo.

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
3 years is reasonable as long as we are seeing progress. It starts and ends with recruiting so I'm excited to see the early signing next week.

He definitely has the energy and intensity it takes to win. Now we need the players and the scheme. That's the part I'm in wait and see mode with Mullen.

Okeechobee Joe

Lost Ball in High Grass
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2014
Mullen really changed the mindset in Starkville. Mississippi State might not have had a great SEC record during the Mullen era but you have to understand that they went into every game with the thought they could win. There was more excitement on campus and in Davis Wade Stadium on game days than at any time in the modern era of Mississippi State football.

In my opinion after the pieces of the coaching carousel started falling into place we couldn't have made a better pick. Here was a guy, Mullen, who had some Florida ties, had been a part of a national championship team, who had head coaching experience, and who had nine, NINE, years of head coaching experience in the SEC. Though Mullen had developed some strong ties to Mississippi State really wanted to be at the University of Florida, a place where he could win championships. Plus, he has worked with his athletic director, Scott Stricklin, before. So unlike Foley and McElwain who weren't on the same page, the new coach and AD will be

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.