How to fix this FB program

ufgator812

Founding Member
Duke of Marlborough
Lifetime Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
1. Get rid of Stricklin.
2. Do not allow Foley access to anything.
3. Fumigate as should have happened years ago.
4. Get a coach who can and will delegate with authority.
5. Purchase and use a short leash for 1 and 4.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
1. Get rid of Stricklin.
2. Do not allow Foley access to anything.
3. Fumigate as should have happened years ago.
4. Get a coach who can and will delegate with authority.
5. Purchase and use a short leash for 1 and 4.
Not sure where you have been 812 but we have been calling for 2 and 3 for over 10 years. The Hazmat suits never showed up. We have been calling for #1 since the day Cousin Eddie was hired.

ufgator812

Founding Member
Duke of Marlborough
Lifetime Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
Not sure where you have been 812 but we have been calling for 2 and 3 for over 10 years. The Hazmat suits never showed up. We have been calling for #1 since the day Cousin Eddie was hired.
Yep. I was at or near the top of the line calling for this. Ox didn't agree...

ted

Aug 24, 2019
Any moves to oust BN are absolutely useless without getting Foley and Strickland out of Gainesville permanently. Don’t return for any ceremonies, championship anniversaries, or alumni festivities. New, smart young leadership that understands and values an elite football program need to be hired.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
I think we need to accept the fact that we are not like LSU, Bama, Georgia, TAM or even Auburn from a $$$ standpoint. We dont have that type of money boosters. So I think many of you are pipe dreaming about cleaning house and going and spending big bucks on a new coach. Its just not reality. We are stuck with taking a swing at some up and comer.

I dont doubt BN is not the guy, but as most would agree, he is bringing in talent and creating a solid culture. I think we need a long-view type thing, probably start with getting rid of Stricklin, keeping Napier at least for another year under a new AD and then see what the landscape starts to emerge and target a new staff.
So what your saying is, fire everybody and start over. I agree.

Joegator96

Lifetime Member
Nov 5, 2019
None of that addresses the fact that our brain surgeon coach doesn't think he needs a Special Teams coordinator, thinks he needs two O line coaches, think he's a great play caller, etc. The problem is he is not capable of self evaluation.
Well if two OL coaches were responsible for our inept OL play today I'd say we need five OL coaches. One per position.

GatorInKnox

Founding Member
The Sicilian
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Just pick up your shoes, do your walk of shame, and hire Lane Kiffen already. At least people would talk about us again.

revgator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
And don't have these 'competition drive killing' contracts where you make just as much to lose as you do to win. For whatever reason, Urban said basically he was coaching for his job on Swamp kings. He wasn't sitting on a Scrooge McDuck pile of gold like we've done since.

Say "yes you will have the ability to earn 7 mill/year with these results or if not you make 3 million" . Like sofla said in another post there's no loss to losing.

Billy has us by the balls. He knows we can't fire him because he only gets richer to fail. He may think he's still motivated, but hunger drives motivation. Billy gets flowers every time he walks in the bank.

Even with the best intention to earn his paycheck, once it's deposited he no longer has to earn it. Psychologically speaking.

Gatorbait25

Founding Member
H.E. Pennypacker, wealthy American industrialist
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I think we need to accept the fact that we are not like LSU, Bama, Georgia, TAM or even Auburn from a $$$ standpoint. We dont have that type of money boosters. So I think many of you are pipe dreaming about cleaning house and going and spending big bucks on a new coach. Its just not reality. We are stuck with taking a swing at some up and comer.

I dont doubt BN is not the guy, but as most would agree, he is bringing in talent and creating a solid culture. I think we need a long-view type thing, probably start with getting rid of Stricklin, keeping Napier at least for another year under a new AD and then see what the landscape starts to emerge and target a new staff.
So you want a new AD and staff but want to keep Billy? And auburn money ? They aren’t a pimple on our ass. What culture are Billy fans talking about ? The only culture I see
From Sunbelt boy is one of losing . Often times in embarrassing fashion where lack of
Preparation couldn’t be more apparent . He shouldn’t be coach for another day but we
All know he won’t be fired as soon as he should .

Spurdog98

Preston Brooks
Lifetime Member
Jan 3, 2018

My wife worked for he foundation for the 4 years I was at UF. I can assure you when we need the money to do anything football related it comes pouring in. The problem over the last 20 years or so has been the approach of asking for the "general funding" of the athletic program. That's a huge part of why the football facilities took a back seat while the AAU went on their excursion into equitable distribution of resources throughout the athletic department. Hence 30 million into the new baseball stadium while we went into the cellar of the SEC with our football facilities.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator