Lagway, Chiles, Graham on the 9 side.

Act Your Age Sarcasm GIF by Bounce

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
They are saying it could be a career-ending foot injury. Lagway slated to have the first of multiple surgeries tomorrow.

Thick&ThinG8r

Lifetime Member
Aug 21, 2014
The two qbs behind DJ were terrible, of course their oline was worse.
Child's LB signee recovered a fumble and ran it in for a touchdown. One problem, he intentionally dropped the ball at the one yard line. It never did cross the goal before going out of bounds. Still called a TD with no replay available.
I may be sent to mind camp but, what the hell, I thought the extensive evaluations were to weed out idiots like this.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Lagway looks over weight.

Looked very pedestrian on first drive. Weird sideways throws knocked down. Long ball under thrown and almost intercepted.

LB 15 Myles Graham made a couple of tackles. He keeps running toward the ball even when the play is on the opposite side. Haven't seen that hustle in awhile.

Bobby Anksler (PWO) 48 yard punt.
LBs looked great. I really think they are the game changers in this class.

Lagway has always looked like a project. Nothing new here. He does hit passes despite his form issues, so he isnt quite a Feleipe type project.

Last edited:

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
I missed Graham blocking on the fumble recovery TD by Chiles. :lol: Both our LBs were active and followed the ball all game.

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
LBs looked great. I really think they are the game changers innthis class.

Lagway has always looked like a project. Nothing new here. He does hit passes despite his form issues, so he isnt quite a Feleipemtyoe project.
Agree on the LBs and QB.

LBs LOOK like LBs. Awesome to have that size, physicality and speed out of HS. Graham showed really good closing speed a couple if times. Solid tacklers.

Lagway looks clunky to me. Needs to lean out a little. His footwork and release are ... not traditional.

He had very little play time. Will be interesting to see him in the O&B game.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Lagway looks clunky to me. Needs to lean out a little. His footwork and release are ... not traditional.
The release doesnt bother so much. Im no QB expert at all but Ive seen funky releases work fine (Wuerffel, Vicks, basically every lefthander). Im more concerned with him dropping the ball damn near to his waist before throwing (often) and just using random arm angles, 3/4, nearly sidearm sometimes etc. It's hard to have consistency when you're releasing the ball from different places each time. Wuerffel had an odd passing motion but it always looked the same.

Last edited:

gatorev12

Lifetime Member
Aug 17, 2018
The release doesnt bother so much. Im no QB but Ive seen funky releases work fine (Wuerffel, Vicks, basically every lefthander). Im more concerned with him dropping the ball damn near to his waist before throwing (often) and just using random arm angles, 3/4, nearly sidearm sometimes etc. It's hard to have consistency when you're releasing the ball from different places each time. Wuerffel had an odd passing motion but it always looked the same.

We have roughly 1.5 years to get some of the throwing issues fixed--what we need Lagway for next year are almost identical to what we needed Tebow for in 06:

1) running threat
2) deep ball threat
3) backup leadership to QB1

He can deliver on all 3 based on what he brings to the table now; just need him to play within those boundaries and he'll be fine. We have Mertz for the short/medium throws, which is what he's good at and what we mostly need him to do.

Thick&ThinG8r

Lifetime Member
Aug 21, 2014
Based on a weeks practice and him knowing how much his line sucked I believe he was wearing double flak jackets.
As for his arm angles, I noticed him trying the Mahomes look in 7 on7 last summer and hoped with his great senior year he got that out of his system. I know one thing, if SOS was his coach if that wasn't fixed by the end of fall camp he would get the Sablehaus treatment and be out of here.

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
We have roughly 1.5 years to get some of the throwing issues fixed--what we need Lagway for next year are almost identical to what we needed Tebow for in 06:

1) running threat
2) deep ball threat
3) backup leadership to QB1

He can deliver on all 3 based on what he brings to the table now; just need him to play within those boundaries and he'll be fine. We have Mertz for the short/medium throws, which is what he's good at and what we mostly need him to do.
Showtime Good Point GIF by Billions

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.