I became a bone marrow donor today

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
It's a little late for me but I am hoping to help someone out there.

I encourage everyone to consider it...maybe you can save a life.

https://bethematch.org/
So you're saying you're beyond hope?
But seriously, that's some good stuff you did there.
giphy.gif

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
1. Good on you - always speaks to one's character to be willing to (literally) give of one's self for others.

2. Giving is good. I give blood whenever I can, and am an organ donor. Hadn't considered bone marrow. Have considered a kidney but not gotten to that level of giving as yet (still concerned for my own health).

bradgator2

Founding Member
Rioting
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
A secretary's daughter had a form of leukemia, so literally everyone in our company went into the bone marrow registry. It's a great feeling and I hope I am the match for someone someday. Her closest match was a woman from Germany, who was a better match than her own 2 siblings. So you never know.

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I had a bone marrow transplant at shands, it came from a guy in Germany, so thanks for doing this trex
I had a stem cell transplant in 2012, but was able to use my own cells. Doc told me if there was ever a need for me to have another, I'd probably be better served using someone else's. Thus, the donor programs for these type procedures are critical. Bravo Rex, tis indeed a great thing you've done!

divits

Founding Member
A Muffin of the Studly Variety
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I signed up for that over 20 years ago and waited for the call "any day now". Still hasn't come. They're using cord blood more and more now. As it is I probably couldn't donate now anyway because I have since had a case of Creutzfeldt-Jakob disease in my immediate family and there is a slight possible genetic component.

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
my wife signed up a few years ago and was contacted recently as a maybe. But it didnt pan out. T-rex walks the walk.................

Thick&ThinG8r

Lifetime Member
Aug 21, 2014
Kudos Rex for putting others above yourself.
I had an ex boss a few years back who was without a doubt the biggest prick I've ever met. He flew to NY to give bone marrow to the daughter of a former army buddy, had to give the guy real respect after that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.