I Don't Understand the Football Analysts

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
It must just be me. All football fans think their team is being shorted by the officials, the analysts, the other teams' fans, etc. So it must be me. But I am tired of the reasoning of the bspn college football analysts. Is the Football Playoff Selection Committee equally dumb?

I hear them say that Oklahoma has a good win in beating Tennessee and should be the first one loss team in. Florida's victory over Tennessee was a last minute lucky win. Okie State had a brilliant comeback against Iowa State showing conclusively that they could snatch victory from the jaws of defeat. UF's comebacks apparently exhibit no such thing. Also the love for the acc is revolting. If UNC beats Clemson they are definitely in. The fact that they lost to the least accomplished SEC team and had two FCS teams on their schedule pales in comparison to the glorious victory over Clemson. I am almost to the point of preferring a victory over the noles to a SEC championship.

Thanks for letting me get this off of my chest.

P.S. The strength of schedule of some of these teams is pathetic, but apparently no longer matters.

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
If you mean people like Hoge, why are you even listening to that crap? ESPN should only be used for watching sports and highlights - don't listen to the talking heads.
The final four should all shake itself out by early December, if not sooner (no pun intended, on Okie's part).

GatorTAG

Paid Member
Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2014
It's still a popularity contest and Bama will claim a National Championship no matter what.

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
It's all about style points and just like in 06 we have very few...just a semi functional offense with a good defense. All we can do is win out and see what happens...beat fsu and Bama and there is almost no chance UF is left out. It's really not even worth getting all worked up about and like previous posters said don't even bother watching the talking heads

Oct 5, 2014
It's all about style points and just like in 06 we have very few...just a semi functional offense with a good defense. All we can do is win out and see what happens...beat fsu and Bama and there is almost no chance UF is left out. It's really not even worth getting all worked up about and like previous posters said don't even bother watching the talking heads.

What he said...

crosscreekcooter

Founding Member
Cunning Linguist; RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
There are currently7 teams ranked ahead of us.
1, Klempson
2. The Fighting Gumps
3. Esophageal State
4. Urbs Dream Job
5. I-Yowah
6. Reverse Cowgirls
7. Sooner than later
8. Good Guys
Without a doubt we have to win out, but this late in the game so does everybody else
# 3 still has to play #5, one of them will lose.
#4 the Catholic school still has to beat Stanford. Not impossible but I like the Big Trees in this one.
#6 Okie State still has to play #7, Big Game Bob
Beating FSux and then the Gumps in the SECCG improves our already strong SOS and launches into the mix.
This would probably pair us against Clemson in the playoff.
Winner moves on

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
The tards on ESPN have no say and most have no clue as to who gets in. Each week teams will rise and fall, so if we take care of business we should have nothing to worry about.

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I know this will most likely work itself out but it is difficult to listen to some of the crap the "experts" spew.
They allegedly watch the games and analyze everything and then they justify their Top Four with comments like
" Well they are the defending champions" or "They have the best talent in the country" and my favorite "They pass the eye test"
Wasn't that the same crap we heard before all this started?

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Nobody, and I mean........NOBODY has said that UNC will get in if they beat Clemson. Everyone has said that UNC will need a boatload of help to get in the playoffs even if they beat Clemson, because their resume is hot garbage. We aren't really getting mentioned because we have to play Bama, and everyone is assuming they beat us. Only one way to change that discussion.

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
We'll win out, finish 11-1, and be left out. Why?

Clemson wins out.
Ohio State wins out.
Oklahoma State wins out.
Notre Dame wins out.

ItsDookie87

...it's best to let him finish
BANNED
Sep 8, 2014
Conformation bias is why you always see fans complaining about the refs or about their teams not getting any respect. Fans will always see their opponents penalties but rarely see their own and it's because many go into the game believing the refs are out to get them. You could probably search and find a hundred stories about us and our playoff standings but if you're not looking for it or happen to miss it then it just confirms the notion that your team is being disrespected. That's just the nature of being a fan. Just relax and know that if we win out, we are in the playoffs. If we lose one game, we are in the Sugar bowl and who knows where we go if lose the last two but it won't be bad.

crosscreekcooter

Founding Member
Cunning Linguist; RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
we lose the last two we still have a shot as the sec rep in the sugar unless arky somehow jumps us

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

Clemson wins out.
Ohio State wins out.
Oklahoma State wins out.
Notre Dame wins out.

Although I see where you are going with this, if this were to happen the Big 12 would lose out again for not having a Conference Championship Game.

LeeForThree

Let It Fly
Lifetime Member
Aug 12, 2014

Clemson wins out.
Ohio State wins out.
Oklahoma State wins out.
Notre Dame wins out.
Zero chance an SEC conference championship game winner with more wins(12), a tougher schedule, and just beaten an FSU and Alabama team gets left out for an independent non conference champion with less wins (11) and pseudo acc schedule

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
"Analysts" need to earn a paycheck and fill airtime. Doesn't matter if they are proven right or wrong at the end of the season, their job is to fill airtime for commercial breaks and generating revenue. People watch so they have something to bitch about until it is proven out on the field.

Win out, prove it out on the field. Let them analyse that.

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
There are currently7 teams ranked ahead of us.
1, Klempson
2. The Fighting Gumps
3. Esophageal State
4. Urbs Dream Job
5. I-Yowah
6. Reverse Cowgirls
7. Sooner than later
8. Good Guys
Without a doubt we have to win out, but this late in the game so does everybody else
# 3 still has to play #5, one of them will lose.
#4 the Catholic school still has to beat Stanford. Not impossible but I like the Big Trees in this one.
#6 Okie State still has to play #7, Big Game Bob
Beating FSux and then the Gumps in the SECCG improves our already strong SOS and launches into the mix.
This would probably pair us against Clemson in the playoff.
Winner moves on

There's so much that could still happen.............
1. I don't see Clempson losing to anybody until the final four - see #8
2. The gumps take one to the groin - see #8
3. Eshoph St (love it!) still has to get by Sparty and Meatchicken (in the big house)
4. The choir boys are at Stanford, and the trees are playing for pride now.
5. Corn/pig team still has to play at Nebraska, then the B10 champ game - could end up with 2 losses
6. The cowgirls still have to play Baylor this week, before Okie next
7. Okie still has to play TCU this week, before the cowgirls next
8. We win out and the rest takes care of itself

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.