I guess after hiring 2 straight Saban acolytes as head coaches we know that...

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
So after two straight at least somewhat Saban acolyte hires at UF and seeing other Saban acolyte hires else where I now know, you may or may not get:

1. attention to detail like Saban

2. good recruiting, but recruiting of at least some bad apples ala UAL

3. good game management

4. an improved record

5. your program going in the right direction

BUT YOU APPARENTLY MOST CERTAINLY WILL GET:

Saban like condescension and haughtiness which can be very useful if you want to know more about the midline.

OcalaGator83

Not Hopeful
Lifetime Member
Oct 23, 2014
I don't really consider Mac off the Saban tree, not anymore. He exhibits none of the traits that make Saban the winner he is. Mac learned how to coach from John L. Smith and if you look at the two you'll see the resemblance there far more.

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
I don't really consider Mac off the Saban tree, not anymore. He exhibits none of the traits that make Saban the winner he is. Mac learned how to coach from John L. Smith and if you look at the two you'll see the resemblance there far more.

Everything that Butters has done at UF as a head coach, especially the product on the field, ZERO atteniton to detail, ZERO fundamentals, ZERO understanding of game management are a spttting image of Jonh L. Smith and his head coaching career. Just b/c you hire from a certain tree means nothing. The things such as attention to detail, fundamentals, game management, etc. are almost 100% innate. Just like you can't teach common sense. You either have those traits or you don't!!!!

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
What the hell is UAL and why don't you call us UFLa or something stupid, to remain consistent?

Last edited:

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
What the hell is UAL and why don't you call us UFLa or something stupid?

Is there another UF, I don't know about? Now really I should be typing FLSU for Florida State and FRSU for Fresno State. Maybe I will start doing that. Still as far as I know there is no other UF than University of Florida.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
UFO University of Fordham. That's why we are really UFLaGain

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
University of Findlay, Frieburg, Firenze many others. How many WVUs are they that you decide to use UWVa?

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
University of Findlay, Frieburg, Firenze many others. How many WVUs are they that you decide to use UWVa?

You may not have noticed but this is a sports board and European universities are not likely to contribute to confusion. The small college you mentioned does have sports, but I doubt it causes confusion of abbreviations, but if you think UFLaGain will help you communicate more clearly knock yourself out. I won't waste time complaining about your choice of abbreviations.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
You are the only one confused about your ridiculous abbreviations.

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
You are the only one confused about your ridiculous abbreviations.

I am not confused about them. Maybe you are, oddly it seem more like you are irritated by them. I could care less about irritating you, I am merely trying for example to distinguish UA from UA from UA from UA from UA from UA from UA from UA. I can count up 8 UA's in the US with sports teams pretty quickly. I am not sure I have them all. Anyway unless you become a really really really good computer hacker and take over my keyboard, you are not going to control what abbreviations I use and when I choose to use them. But heck knock yourself out if you think you will get any where with this crusade of yours.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
:catfight:

Law, you can be really petty sometimes.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
And I love Dan too!

Sports bar atmosphere right? We arent losing the edge are we?

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
And I love Dan too!

Sports bar atmosphere right? We arent losing the edge are we?
cougar.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator