I think it's time to evaluate whether Dan Mullen is the guy or not

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
10-4 asswhipping by Trailerbammer who scores as many points as they feel like, versus 8-4 asswhipping by trailerbammer who scores as many points as they feel like.

the worst part is the recruiting tells us we've got three to five more years of this AT LEAST.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
10-4 asswhipping by Trailerbammer who scores as many points as they feel like, versus 8-4 asswhipping by trailerbammer who scores as many points as they feel like.

the worst part is the recruiting tells us we've got three to five more years of this AT LEAST.

There’s a large gap between No. 7 and the top two in team recruiting. I don’t follow it like you do, but we seem to be not nearly as physical as we need to be on the defensive side. People are literally running over and through us.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
There’s a large gap between No. 7 and the top two in team recruiting. I don’t follow it like you do, but we seem to be not nearly as physical as we need to be on the defensive side. People are literally running over and through us.
That's as much scheme and personnel decisions by the staff as it is crootin. We could very easily switch from crootin 3 or 4* DBs to play safety to safeties, safeties for LB to LBs, LBs for DEs to DEs, etc. We just choose not to.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Top 2, Top 3, Top 4, whatever. Top 5 even. the actual ranking doesn't matter nearly as much as having the approximate same number of top players, the same number (ish) of 5 star gamechanger types, the same number of top 250 etc.

We are playing with half the talent or less than the elite teams and this staff DGAF and is mostly known as the staff that takes the most vacations in the country.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
That's as much scheme and personnel decisions by the staff as it is crootin. We could very easily switch from crootin 3 or 4* DBs to play safety to safeties, safeties for LB to LBs, LBs for DEs to DEs, etc. We just choose not to.
This too.

We get our doors blown off in FLORDIA recruiting too. I never thought Id see the day. But the reality is we do it to ourselves. Our schemes are so fvvchsed up I dont blame coaches for sending their kids elesewhere. Would you send your WR to a school like Bammer or Clempson whonare going to feature the kid and make him a 1st round draft pick? Or to block at Mulkinzball and have garbage stats thenhope an incredible combine makes him a 4-6th round pick instead of a FA? The choices is provably 10s of millions differnece for the kids. Same w RBs. Block for QB and watch him be at least the #2 rusher?

I dont even feel like talking about how fuchsed up Chokindwag ball is.

Oct 7, 2016
How Mullen handled this game is a game changer to my own outlook. They should have been frothing at the mouth to get at these ashcats in the first place. And I don't think I could have imagined certain coaches making a two loss team in the playoff remark to ESPN before the friggin game. WTH was this guy thinking with this game. That's where its a game changer, I realized we may well have Mac2. It'll be confirmed for sure when he keeps Grantham.

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
He's not. But the best option until the right guy comes along. The most frustrating thing is that a lot of his issues could be fixed by firing Grantham and company and hiring some recruiters. Mullen isn't elite but with better talent he maybe able to luck his way into a championship when bama has a bad year. That's the best we can hope for. Coaches like Meyer, Spurrier and Saban like winning (hate losing) more than the game. Mullen thinks football should be "fun" instead of dead serious business and that's why he will never be elite.

Saulgoodman

Sep 26, 2019
Alright I got bored and decided to do some research. Seen earlier in the thread where somebody said to back the money truck up for Freeze, so I did a little digging.

Freeze's tenure at Ole Miss
2012) 7-6, 3-5 in SEC. Losses that stuck out to me where Vandy, and a blowout loss to Texas, but he beat Dan

2013) 8-5, 3-5 in SEC. Only loss that stuck out was to Dan.

2014) 9-4, 5-3 in SEC. He beat BAMA, then a couple weeks later loses back to back games against LSU & Auburn and tops the season off with 30-0 ace whipping from Arky, but he did win against Dan

2015) 10-3, 6-2 in SEC. Once again he beat BAMA, first loss of the year was against Shark humper in a 38-10 beatdown in the swamp, 37-24 loss to.........MEMPHIS, and another loss to Arky in OT. He did beat Dan though. They should have at least made it to the SEC championship this year and quite possibly won it all.

2016) 5-7, 2-6 in SEC. Opened the season against FSU and blew a huge lead to lose that game. Other bad loses where to Arky (3 years straight) Vandy and Dan got the best of him this year.

Total Record) 37-25, 19-21 in SEC.

Record vs oppenents
Bama 2-3
LSU 2-3
Auburn 2-3
A&M 3-2
Dan 3-2
Arky 2-3 Lost 3 years straight
Vandy 3-2
Georgia 1-1 Got crushed by Richt and then returned the favor in Kirbys first season.

Freeze had some really good wins coupled with some really head scratching L's. Just posted for fun. I think Freeze can recruit better than Dan, but I'm not sure he would get us to the top of the mountain. If it did happen, we might be trading apples for apples. Just my two cents.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator