I was wrong about Will Grier

NoGaGator

Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2014
TLB;n291807 said:
Having WM for a coach will do that to you. It kind of kills any brain cells of what happened before he came, and all you're left with is that numb feeling that craptastic plays are the norm. Think back to 52-20, or to Meyers NC games...you'll feel better. But still, WG has had the light come one and it is fun to watch Gator football again.

I think you're right, he's going to have some mistakes somewhere along the line. I don't know how bad they'll be, but they'll happen somewhere, sometime. And ya know what? I'm OK with that given the upside we see in the future with him.

Good point - one we'll have to keep in mind.

Will does have a gun. He needed pinpoint accuracy on both the 1st TD to Robinson as well as the one Powell took to the house. Both passes were in heavy traffic. He won't have that going for him every week but at least UF knows their QB question has been answered very well.

PastyStoole

Founding Member
Man, there's no boundary line to art. ~Bird Parker
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
rogdochar;n293459 said:
Law must have a ravenous appetite.
Two people probably got this pun, rog. It was a good one, though. Well done.

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
PastyStoole;293509 said:
Two people probably got this pun, rog. It was a good one, though. Well done.
Nevermore will I overlook a rog pun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
Army Football Approves

imrs.php

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
I was wrong, too. I thought Grier had played slightly better than Harris through the first two games and shown more upside in his passing and pocket presence. That upside is much higher and coming much faster than I could see.

And I wound up defending that view and Coach Mac against baseless attempts to make it a racial issue.

I like how Coach Mac never answered the question about "naming" a starting quarterback. He stood firm and let the answer happen. No one asks that question now.

It will be interesting to see how Grier responds as teams get more tape on him and start scheming against his tendencies and preferences. And I wonder if, like Danny, he will have an awful day.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.