If Durkin accepts another job would Mac coach the bowl game?

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Nothing Concrete says is even remotely in the same style as Sid. It's dumb. Come up with something new, guys.

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n132299 said:
Nothing Concrete says is even remotely in the same style as Sid. It's dumb. Come up with something new, guys.

Guess the IP address isn't located in DC?

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
alcoholica;n132288 said:
to be fair to Sid, Bowden didn't know his players names....ever.

Roper would coach if McElwain wanted Durkin to walk. Even if he accepted a job, he'd probably stay and coach.

But Bobby did know their mama's.
I understand the reality of the situation. I'm just curious as to how people would feel about it. I think it would be great and could be a shot of momentum this program needs. I think it would improve interest in the bowl game and recruiting as well.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Concrete Helmet;n132331 said:
But Bobby did know their mama's.
I understand the reality of the situation. I'm just curious as to how people would feel about it. I think it would be great and could be a shot of momentum this program needs. I think it would improve interest in the bowl game and recruiting as well.

My thoughts? It's one of the dumbest ideas I've seen floated on the board yet. Shoulda took Ox up on his offer to delete this right after you started it. :lol:

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
oxrageous;n132289 said:
Now it's a couple of years? Before they got their asses kicked by Missouri, you said it was going to be NEXT year. What happened?

Ox, their QB had broken ribs and they hardly got their asses kicked. I think they will finish 2nd or 3rd in the west next year. Bielema has already beaten Miles with MUCH lesser teams 2 of the 3 times they've played,once was in the Capital one bowl when he was at Wis. Ole Miss, Auburn and Miss. State will all be lucky to sniff .500 next year. Oh, and by the way what Arky did to your boy Freeze was nothing short of a good old fashioned ass kicking.....

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
wow...can't believe i actually read this whole thread. Epic :facepalm:

helmet...what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Concrete Helmet;n132342 said:
Oh, and by the way what Arky did to your boy Freeze was nothing short of a good old fashioned ass kicking.....
Freeze was never "my boy". However, he would have been a faaaar better hire than Beilema. Far better.

Crucial

Sick Beat Writer
Dec 9, 2014
An Ode to da Chode in da Helmet
Bro your helmet ain't made of concrete, it's made of dog sheet,
Yo brain contain more nuts than King Kong skeet.
But if this the way you feelin and what you sayin is true,
I'm here to tell ya my bowl cut's even embarrassed for you.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
oxrageous;n132348 said:
Freeze was never "my boy". However, he would have been a faaaar better hire than Beilema. Far better.

Results say otherwise, but we've already been over that. I'm trying to stay on topic here.

Mudd

Lurker
Aug 19, 2014
MJMGator;n132340 said:
My thoughts? It's one of the dumbest ideas I've seen floated on the board yet. Shoulda took Ox up on his offer to delete this right after you started it. :lol:

:thumbup: I feel about the same, but the dumbest ever? that's a tall order.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Crucial;n132371 said:
An Ode to da Chode in da Helmet
Bro your helmet ain't made of concrete, it's made of dog sheet,
Yo brain contain more nuts than King Kong skeet.
But if this the way you feelin and what you sayin is true,
I'm here to tell ya my bowl cut's even embarrassed for you.

Cute, but don't you have some tweets from 15 and 16 year old boys to be following.....Ya know so we can make them a sticky topic and have 500 post about something that is also NOT going to be happening...:shocked:

Since65

Oct 5, 2014
I think you seriously underestimate the complexity of coaching a major college football team if you honestly believe McElwain could step in and do a credible job in two weeks time...especially given all the other issues with which he is dealing. Fans seem to think everything related to playing and winning a game, from play calling to substitution patterns, is pretty simple. I don't believe that's true.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Since65;n132388 said:
I think you seriously underestimate the complexity of coaching a major college football team if you honestly believe McElwain could step in and do a credible job in two weeks time...especially given all the other issues with which he is dealing. Fans seem to think everything related to playing and winning a game, from play calling to substitution patterns, is pretty simple. I don't believe that's true.

I would probably trust Mac more than Durkin and it's not like we're playing the Seahawks. By the way most good coaches delegate to the asst. coaches and add their input to finalize a game plan which they would have almost 3 weeks to do. Just sayin.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Here's my take on this thread FWIW. IF Durkin takes a job elsewhere prior to the bowl game, I think it absolutely would be appropriate for our new HC to take over and go ahead and over-see the bowl game preparations and be on the sidelines with the rest of the coaches to make the Crucial 4th down calls for fakes or whatever the situation calls for. However, to presume he has anywhere near the time to install any of his offensive wrinkles by the bowl game is absurd. He would be nothing more than a figurehead. My more pressing concern would be who would run the defense if Durkin left before the bowl game? T Rob I guess, but does he have any experience game planning and running a defense on his own?

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Concrete Helmet;n132362 said:
If so please explain why it's dumb.

Everybody on this board BUT YOU thinks it's a ludicrous idea. In fact, I think deep down even you know how improbable and frankly, idiotic your stance is. Yet, you keep pushing it over and over and over and over again.

Trollers gonna troll.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
NavetG8r;n132393 said:
Here's my take on this thread FWIW. IF Durkin takes a job elsewhere prior to the bowl game, I think it absolutely would be appropriate for our new HC to take over and go ahead and over-see the bowl game preparations and be on the sidelines with the rest of the coaches to make the Crucial 4th down calls for fakes or whatever the situation calls for. However, to presume he has anywhere near the time to install any of his offensive wrinkles by the bowl game is absurd. He would be nothing more than a figurehead. My more pressing concern would be who would run the defense if Durkin left before the bowl game? T Rob I guess, but does he have any experience game planning and running a defense on his own?

Good points Navet. I know he couldn't install an entire offensive game plan. I would like to see him coach though. One other thing I would like to point out though regarding offense. I'm not sure about Mac's system but I've heard that Malzahn's offense is basically 6 plays....The rest is just options off of those plays. If we couldn't install 5 or 6 plays in 3 weeks then we need smarter players...

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.