If we lose the rest of our games....

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
Fans, Like me, Just want something to feel better about.
Going in to next season with this same poorly coached team, is damned depressing.

The only hope out there right now, is a coaching change. A coaching change to a new coach all full of "We're going to build this the right way"...and "We're going to build young men out of these guys"...and don't ever forget......."This place is special, and we are going to compete for Championships!!"

All the excitement for something new, something bigger, better and the Gators back in the top 5.
It helps with the doldrums but alas, it's not real. It's not going to happen and, people like me, need to accept the facts.

We are a laughing stock, a joke, a complete disaster, a disgusting display of poorly coached kids that are soft.
We just flat out aren't competitive.
Honestly, I have no idea how we beat Vandy, Much less Tennessee.

Now, with the fact, we are getting next year what we have now, it's just terribly depressing and, there is no hope for the future.
HUGELY SAD.
The next 10 weeks will give fans a lot of insight into how next season will play out.

2 more games
ESD
Portal
Staff Changes

I would hold off jumping until the end of Jan.

Will things look better ?

Considering Season 3 GIF by Portlandia

Silverback Gator

Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
Coming out of halftime, the SEC Network sideline reporter asked Napier what happened on Daniels' 85-yard touchdown run. Napier responded (paraphrasing), "We are starting a freshman at safety."
Nice. Factual. But that's the best the staff could do? I don't know. I can't say. Hard to believe a true FR is the best option, but okay. Guess they tried.

Silverback Gator

Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
You just said it. You know we play the hardest schedule in the country next year. It's basically Billy's 2nd full year instead of his 3rd. You're being honest with yourself, but when the season rolls around next year you all will be expecting to go undefeated with likely a 1st year QB in Lagway.
I don't believe I or we inferred as much.

Silverback Gator

Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
Playing freshman because he didn’t want to use the portal. Much like most of the coaching staff. Lets mentor!
I'm one that thinks Napier and his staff must have thought they could get away with the excuse "we are young" and perhaps even that they would win with young, inexperienced, and apparently untrained players. Miscalculation. Re the portal, they were not as successful as the staffs we play against. Something's missing in his thinking. We all know that.

SwampGag

Nov 14, 2023
Doesn't Mertz have another year of eligibility left? If so, he's going to be the starting QB. Zero chance Napier will hand that off to a true freshman and if he did, what a **** show it will inevitably be.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Doesn't Mertz have another year of eligibility left? If so, he's going to be the starting QB. Zero chance Napier will hand that off to a true freshman and if he did, what a **** show it will inevitably be.

At least one more year.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Yes...and I don't think anyone is expecting for Lagway to just be given the reigns either, unless he just rolls up and runs the team at a high level from the moment he steps on campus.

I expect Lagway to play, but sharing time the way Leak and Tebow shared time. Unless he just isn't ready for anything, I don't think Lagway redshirts

SwampGag

Nov 14, 2023
Yes...and I don't think anyone is expecting for Lagway to just be given the reigns either, unless he just rolls up and runs the team at a high level from the moment he steps on campus.

I expect Lagway to play, but sharing time the way Leak and Tebow shared time. Unless he just isn't ready for anything, I don't think Lagway redshirts

I would be surprised if Lagway plays as much as Tebow did his freshman year. Tebow had the advantage of a national champion caliber coach who was at his peak as a coach. Meyer knew exactly which situations to insert Tebow and it worked like a well-oiled machine. If Napier uses Lagway much, it will be a **** show and it will be too easy for the coaching staff to say "he's not ready yet."

I wouldn't get excited about Lagway. I'm about as excited for Lagway as I am Jaden Rashada..

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
I would be surprised if Lagway plays as much as Tebow did his freshman year. Tebow had the advantage of a national champion caliber coach who was at his peak as a coach. Meyer knew exactly which situations to insert Tebow and it worked like a well-oiled machine. If Napier uses Lagway much, it will be a **** show and it will be too easy for the coaching staff to say "he's not ready yet."

I wouldn't get excited about Lagway. I'm about as excited for Lagway as I am Jaden Rashada..
Unless BN gets an OC, I don't want him playing Lagway either. He'll insert him at the worst times and kill momentum.

HumbleGator

Nov 4, 2017
Good article - long but worth the read.

Explains why UF can’t and shouldn’t move on from Napier. But also chronicles what Billy has done poorly and must fix.

This part!

“Montrell Johnson is a very good running back and certainly has a place in this offense. He’s a battering ram, an excellent short yardage back, a very capable blocker, and an ideal change-of-pace back. But on no planet should he be siphoning carries away from his electric backfield mate Trevor Etienne, unless you want to use Etienne as a decoy once in awhile and feed Johnson with the defense all keyed in on Etienne. (Again, that’s where the element of surprise via doing something occasionally rather than frequently comes into play.)”

FireFoley

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2014
This part!

“Montrell Johnson is a very good running back and certainly has a place in this offense. He’s a battering ram, an excellent short yardage back, a very capable blocker, and an ideal change-of-pace back. But on no planet should he be siphoning carries away from his electric backfield mate Trevor Etienne, unless you want to use Etienne as a decoy once in awhile and feed Johnson with the defense all keyed in on Etienne. (Again, that’s where the element of surprise via doing something occasionally rather than frequently comes into play.)”
Is that implying putting ETN and Johnson on the field at the same time, in the backfield at the same time, on the same play? Geez, where has that been suggested before???????

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Is that implying putting ETN and Johnson on the field at the same time, in the backfield at the same time, on the same play? Geez, where has that been suggested before???????
I did recently :proud:

Others may have too :wink2:

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
He won't get an OC at Florida. That would be an admission of guilt, essentially. His way has to work or bust.
Finally someone who isn't pulling things out of their ass to make themselves feel better. He has never given any indication he's getting an OC and at this point I highly doubt he does. We knew we needed one and an ST coach last year. How'd that work out? He's as stubborn as chump, just not as prickly about it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.