I'm back, y'all!

Leroy Jenkins

Founding Member
Jun 15, 2014
Founding Member
I know none of you missed me, but I put this in the main sports discussion area because more people will see it, at least until you move it to The Lounge.

I will be posting more often, unfortunately.

I'm really excited about Coach Mullen...I think now that he's in a good place with us, he could really, possibly, be another Meyer or Spurrier, and I was surprised to learn he's still just in his mid-forties.

Go Gators!

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
I know none of you missed me, but I put this in the main sports discussion area because more people will see it, at least until you move it to The Lounge.

I will be posting more often, unfortunately.

I'm really excited about Coach Mullen...I think now that he's in a good place with us, he could really, possibly, be another Meyer or Spurrier, and I was surprised to learn he's still just in his mid-forties.

Go Gators!
where you been? Lots of Mullens fever in gator nation. I got it too. THought it was the flu but I took the shot and knew it could not be.

Leroy Jenkins

Founding Member
Jun 15, 2014
Founding Member
I've just not been here. Got a new job and such so I've just been really busy..but I sure do love the recruiting class Mullen brought in, which was even better, on Paper, than Meyers or either of the last two coaches, and he really is a great speaker and says all the right things we wanna hear. Gotta produce on the field but I really think he could be a super great coach for us, as long as we keep improving with the recruiting. And I believe he got his QB of the future and maybe present in Emory Jones..fix the offense and I think we could really have something cookin'!

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
Good to have you back, and especially good to have a much better and more appropriate HBC.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Welcome back Leroy. Most of us missed you so don't kid yourself. Great to hear you got a new job. You can thank Trump for that.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Someone who makes his grand re-entrance when it's deader than a doornail.

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
Can we also thank him for pushing gun control?

I greatly appreciate that he is trying to get congress to improve our system in a short time frame.

Individual items:

Bump Stocks - These are not guns and I would have supported banning them after Las Vegas. There are no constitutional issues with this, although I suspect anybody who wants them and has money will still be able to get them. This is mostly a political type issue.

Raising the age - This to me is being consistent, if you need to be a certain age and wait time for hand guns, rifles should be the same. Once again this is mostly a political type of issue.

Improvements to the database and extension of checking - The database won't be very useful as long as states don't put data into it. I would be fine with everyone who has serious mental issues or is taking strong meds for such being on this database. Also those on the terrorist list. Of course a method to review and remove people who should not be on it would be needed.

Expansion of checks to every commercial transaction, that means by businesses who regularly sell guns. Gun shows, internet, inside a state should all be the same. Of course personal sales can never be effectively covered but we can make it easier for those willing to do so.

I would not support the idea of a buyers permit that one member of congress proposed.

I would not support banning weapons based on how they look, and restricting magazine capability is not effective. The Fl shooter used 10 bullet ones, and with 3D printers these restrictions can easily be avoided.

The president cares a lot and wants something effective done very quickly, at least that is my opinion from seeing him in the meeting.

I also appreciate that he insists that the NRA is not so powerful that they get to insist on anything to the president, other than what the constitution requires. I would prefer they train people in the safe use of guns, provide cheaper gun safes and gun locks.

I know that criminal use of hand guns is the most deadly use of guns, most are gotten through theft.

Comment as you desire.

I found this article to be balanced and informing on the issue, it is somewhat long.

http://www.miamiherald.com/news/local/community/broward/article202839399.html

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Oh no you don't, LeJenks. Soon as we embrace your return, how are we to know you'll be here when we need the best GatChat remarks, 'clusions n stuff. And, poof, you're gone. Welcome back.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator