I'm Thankful for _________ (Gator-related)

QueenCityGator

University of Florida Alumnus
Aug 12, 2014
Since Thanksgiving is around the corner, we may as well get in mood to discuss what Gator fans should be thankful for. This can be serious or funny, but the more thankful the better!

I'm thankful for _______

- having our team be in the best conference
- having hope for next season, no matter our coach
- having our teams not be in any academic or legal trouble
- having recent basketball success with the best coach in college basketball
- laughing at GatorChatter when one person uses the "kill themself" emoticon, and another person responds with the "laughter" emoticon
- being part of Gator nation (in all kinds of weather)!

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I'm thankful I never have to click on this thread again

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
I am thankful my dad brought me a bobble head gator in 1961 from a gator game he and my mom went to
I am grateful he gave me two dollars in 65 for a gen admission ticket and a coke to attend a gator game. I was hooked then.
Grateful to attend UF in the 70s for my BS and the 80s for my MS in Ed,
GRATEFUL THAT SOS CAME HOME TO END the misery.
GRateful that UM brought TT and PErcy and all the rest to win two more titles.
Grateful for Billy Donovan and the 04s The most complete team in our history that played the game the right way.
Grateful that JF is our AD and helped make us the NCAA sports program we are today. I would say no other school comes close in the last 15 years with regards to NCAA titles and the 4 in the BIG 2 sports.
I dont think fans understand the relevance and importance of winning both NCAA titles in football AND basketball in that span.
oh yeah, really thankful that horses behind brought back this damned good forum. ;)

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
At random:

- The boys who went and fought from 1942-45, not fielding a team in 1943 (unlike some other SEC *******s in Athens), and allowing us the freedom to even have a UF, football, or forums like these.
- Ray Graves bringing in a lanky athlete named Steven Orr Spurrier from the hills of east Tennessee, whose impact is still being felt.
- The first live major sporting event I ever attended, at the age of 9, on 11/24/79, 35 years ago tomorrow, FSU won 27-16, but an introduction to fierce rivalry, and being in absolute awe of Jim Finch and HEEEERRRRREEEE COME THE GATORS! Hooked.
- Willllburrr making Sean Salisbury crap his drawers in 1982.
- In 1984, a goal-line stand, Kerwin to Ricky three plays later, and a monkey removed from the back.
- New Years Eve 1989, SOS comes home with two declarations....get rid of the artificial turf, and we are going to start beating Georgia, and often.
- Doering;s Got A Touchdown!
- Ike's Stop-N-Pop and 52-20, the ultimate caveat in a rivalry
- Tony George catching a beautiful TD pass from Peyton Manning
- 3 plays, 80 yards, to spoil FSU in 1997 after their a-hole kicker mocked the chomp after kicking the go-ahead FG
- Christening Bobby Hypocrite Field at Joke Shambles Erector Set in the appropriate fashion
- Chris Leak
- Tim Tebow
- Harvin busting up the gut for 67 yards in Atlanta, and yes, we could win the SEC again
- 41-14
- 24-14
- Lon Kruger for 1994 and an unlikely run to Charlotte
- Billy Donovan, with a tease in 2000, then back-to-back titles, only other coach to do it since Wooden was K, elite company, suck that Cheatapari
- Hannah Rogers and a title never dreamed of

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
...that Foley FINALLY fired the train wreck that's been running our program into the ground.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
ufgator812;n115235 said:
I'm thankful for the moving van at the Muschamp residence.

Give that brother a big AMEN!!!!

26Large.png

WobbleGator

Founding Member
Chatterbox Mod
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Captain Sasquatch;n115375 said:
I'm thankful for my future wife being a Gator and also being just as insane as I am.

I guess I could mention that I am thankful a woman had enough brain damage to marry me last week.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.