IMG's QB Sitkowski flips from Miami to Rutgers

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Remember when this kid was our top QB prospect?

Miami just lost a commitment to Rutgers. Here’s why it isn’t all that surprising.
QB Artur Sitkowski spurns the Canes for the Scarlet Knights.

https://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2017/11/1/16596512/miami-commit-arthur-sitkowski-rutgers

OK, I’ll give it to you, the headline “Miami loses QB commit to Rutgers” is pretty flashy and pretty funny. That is indeed what happened when four-star QB Artur Sitkowski flipped to the Scarlet Knights.

https://twitter.com/artursitkowski4/status/925883007688249344
Artur Sitkowski

✔@artursitkowski4

Trust The Process

8:31 PM - Nov 1, 2017

When you dig a little deeper, it makes sense.

Originally from Old Bridge, NJ, Sitkowski transferred to Bradenton (FL) IMG Academy for his senior year, where things are going less than swimmingly. Benched after a poor performance vs. Miami (FL) Central, Sitkowski has been relegated to clipboard duty for the majority of the HSFB season.

It sure seems like Sitkowski’s time in Florida just isn’t really working out. This is much easier for everyone involved than Sitkowski enrolling in Miami, realizing he made a mistake, and having to go through all the hoops inherent to a transfer.

For the Scarlet Knights, this is a coup. Sitkowski is immediately in the top 10 of players who have ever committed to Rutgers. He’ll undoubtedly be the crown jewel of the class.

For Miami, if the Canes want their QB in this class by next month’s early signing day, they’ll have to work quickly. But Miami’s got options.

...Miami has offers out to several other QBs in 2018, just to be safe. Some of those names to know are: Texas commit Cameron Rising, OSU commit Emory Jones, Tennessee commit Adrian Martinez, UCLA commit Dorian Thompson-Robinson, Kentucky commit Jarren Williams, and Texas commit Casey Thompson.

The problem is, of course, all those guys are already committed. Mark Richt & Co. will have to do a little work to pry one of those players from their current schools of choice, but if Rutgers can get the job done then Miami shouldn’t have any problem at all.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
"Flips"? Uhhhh no.... got told to find another home.

Who wrote this shyt? Crucial? He always did like backup QBs.

Slevin

Law’s Alter-Ego
BANNED
Aug 12, 2014
he was pushed out imho. he's absolutely horrendous. they haven't wanted him/wanted him to be the only qb in the class in a long, long time.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
He is Trasklike. Im surprised anyone will waste a scholly on him.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
He is Trasklike. Im surprised anyone will waste a scholly on him.

I want to know how he's still a 4-star. They dropped Jake Allen from a 4-star to a 3-star last year and he had a very solid season, usually playing only one-half of each game. "And yet", Sitkowski is still a 4-star??

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
He will fall to 2 star at best.

And Jake Allen was shyt last year. He too should have been a 2 star.

Last edited:

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Dude sucked in NJ and sucked even worse at IMG with all that talent around him. Can't believe people were so pissed that we "missed" on him

Slevin

Law’s Alter-Ego
BANNED
Aug 12, 2014
Dude sucked in NJ and sucked even worse at IMG with all that talent around him. Can't believe people were so pissed that we "missed" on him
how the f do you only have 9 downvotes.

edit: i gave you a downvote out of jealousy but i reversed it because i'm actually impressed.

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
how the f do you only have 9 downvotes.

edit: i gave you a downvote out of jealousy but i reversed it because i'm actually impressed.
Because i give my take and it doesn't suck?

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
no because you haven't had law or alcoholica follow you around dv you for a day
Are you kidding? Law has argued with me on here more than probably any other...why that hasn't led to more downvotes i do not know. I guess he just voices his displeasure with me in posts not votes

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I enjoy arguing. How hard is that to figure out?

I usually only bother to give thumbsdown to people that seem particularly concerned about them for some reason.

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
I enjoy arguing. How hard is that to figure out?

I usually only bother to give thumbsdown to people that seem particularly concerned about them for some reason.
Are you kidding? Law has argued with me on here more than probably any other...why that hasn't led to more downvotes i do not know. I guess he just voices his displeasure with me in posts not votes
If law hasn't given you a dislike, it is because he feels he has won all his arguments with you. He only gives a dislike when he loses an argument
He gave me 16 dislikes in one evening. It was my finest debating hour since college.
P.S. I fully expect another dislike for this post.

cover2

Founding Member
I've grown old
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Sorta mentioned earlier in the thread, but didn't McElwain want him? More evidence of his evaluative prowess. But I guess a "QB Whisperer" isn't really concerned with trivial things like talent?

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator