In honor of UF-FSU games past, we bring you The Truck

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
So was everything else about the game except the ankle to #1.

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
So was everything else about the game except the ankle to #1.
My sons and i were at that game... I have NEVER heard fans cheer like that when a player (Harvin) was injured. I've also never been at a game where it rained that hard.

crosscreekcooter

Founding Member
Cunning Linguist; RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Dude was a heavyweight. Watch Riley Cooper come in and fling his body at a defender as Tebow blows by.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
My sons and i were at that game... I have NEVER heard fans cheer like that when a player (Harvin) was injured. I've also never been at a game where it rained that hard.

D, I was at the game 2 years prior when harvin was a freshman. He got hurt that game too, neck injury; I believe they even backboarded him off the field. Clowntown erupted in cheers when he went down and the medical staff came out. I was in the fsu student section to experience the whole thing. Classless is not a term I'd use to describe those fans, that term is way too decent for them.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
With a 65% Harvin, we were 10 points better than Oklahoma. With a 100% Harvin, we were probably 30 better. No one in America was more dangerous over the final half of 2008 than Percy Harvin.

Go Gata

Founding Member
aka Emersom Bigguns
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member

The rain that night was relentless, and so was our offense. I was in the corner of the stadium where Tebow ran down after one of his touchdowns and it looked like he had blood all over his face. Of course, like the Harvin injury, all the FSU fans were excited that he might be hurt. Too bad for them that wasn't the case. We beat their @ss that night. Best time I've had soaked to the bone.

upload_2016-11-25_10-14-26.png

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Well this one contains 2 dirtbags but is still one of my favorite UF-FSUX highlights......The music makes the video more than anything else and as a small side note this video was the reason I got booted from the old ESPN CFB board......Of course I posted it on the FSU site multiple times a day for weeks before they gave me a lifetime IP ban :lmao2:

gators4224

Apr 30, 2016
We've finally imo started to see a gator team play with that type of energy/passion in a game last week against LSU that we haven't seen since Tebow years. If anything, i think that's what's been holding us back these past seven years is the lack of passion/ team effort. I hope the LSU win really instilled belief and passion in this gator's team/program.

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014
We've finally imo started to see a gator team play with that type of energy/passion in a game last week against LSU that we haven't seen since Tebow years. If anything, i think that's what's been holding us back these past seven years is the lack of passion/ team effort. I hope the LSU win really instilled belief and passion in this gator's team/program.

And yet, not over confident...

Okeechobee Joe

Lost Ball in High Grass
Lifetime Member
Oct 5, 2014
A player can either positively or negatively affect other players on the team. A guy with a bad attitude or a "me first" selfish attitude will negatively affect other players. Tebow's toughness made the other players on the team play with a tougher attitude. With all due respect, quarterbacks like John Brantley and Luke Del Rio just seemed to suck all the energy out of the team.

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
I've also never been at a game where it rained that hard.

I can't compare the two, but the ga tech game in '79 was quite the downpour. Little did I know that would be the "1" in 0-10-1 that year.

Btw - does anyone remember the commentators saying (before kickoff) the rain might favor f$u because it would neutralize UF's speed?

AlexDaGator

Founding Member
The Hammer of Thor
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Rain?

1986 UF at FSU

(It got worse and worse as the game wore on)

'94 UGA at UF (in the Swamp) was really wet too.

Alex.

Gatordiddy

Member in good standing
Lifetime Member
Jul 23, 2014
Rain?

1986 UF at FSU

Alex.

Good times ...

As you watch the video - you have to do a shot every time the announcer says: "give off"

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
[QUOTE="Go Gata, post: 420175, member: 125" Best time I've had soaked to the bone.
[/QUOTE]

Ever had sex in the shower?

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
Rain?

1986 UF at FSU

Alex.

Wow, that was a sloppy game! For a while, I thought I was watching f$u highlights... Still good to relive a Gator win!

gatordad3

You're stewed, buttwad!
Lifetime Member
Jan 31, 2016
Well this one contains 2 dirtbags but is still one of my favorite UF-FSUX highlights......The music makes the video more than anything else and as a small side note this video was the reason I got booted from the old ESPN CFB board......Of course I posted it on the FSU site multiple times a day for weeks before they gave me a lifetime IP ban :lmao2:

That never gets old. The first 3-5 seconds a WR threw a vicious block on a defender.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.