In the short term is a win over FSU more important than the SECCG if we were to lose another game?

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Think about it for a second in regards to recruiting particularly in the state. If they beat us(for the 5th time in 6 years) they would be able to claim the same or better record, 2 losses and probably use the overall weakness of the Eastern Division as a selling point to come to FSUX. Their record against the SEC is something like 6-1 under Jimbo...Remember with UM in the tank they will gain interest from those kids also.
I hear on this site all the time that it all starts with recruiting, so what do you think?

AugustaGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I do not know if it matters....can't figure out why anyone would want to go to FSU to begin with....I am assuming they are drugging them. It sure as hell is not logic.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
AugustaGator;n309694 said:
I do not know if it matters....can't figure out why anyone would want to go to FSU to begin with....I am assuming they are drugging them. It sure as hell is not logic.

No classes, no curfew, break the law and get rewarded....should I go on. Sorry I forgot about the free hookers.

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
Look, if the question assumes that we are going to lose one more game regardless and we get to choose which game that would be, my opinion is I would rather beat FSU because one more loss knocks us out of the playoffs regardless so I would rather be knocked out by somebody other than the Noles so at least we have bragging rights over them for the next 12 months, not to mention hopefully an edge in recruiting.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I might throw this thread in solitaire just because it's in all caps.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
GatorInGeorgia;n309698 said:
Look, if the question assumes that we are going to lose one more game regardless and we get to choose which game that would be, my opinion is I would rather beat FSU because one more loss knocks us out of the playoffs regardless so I would rather be knocked out by somebody other than the Noles so at least we have bragging rights over them for the next 12 months, not to mention hopefully an edge in recruiting.

Yup....and we've bitched and moaned about losing out on prime 5 star in state recruits for the last 3 or 4 years....Yet the fact is they've been beating us on the field. I think the only way we turn it around is kicking the sh!t out of them this year, regardless of what else happens.

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Winning the SEC would certainly make up for whatever damage a loss to fsu would do in recruiting. So basically winning either one would be great but winning both is still the goal.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I'd rather beat FSU than win the SEC championship at this point.

First off I'm not sure that we could beat Alabama in the SECCG. We will probably lose by 7 to 10. But if we somehow escaped with a win we don't have a championship caliber offense. Even teams that don't have great rushing attacks or great passing attacks have one or the other. And I'd hate for that to be really exposed on a national level during the playoffs. That being said, I'd still prefer that we win out but if we had to lose one of those two games it would be that game.

CU-UF

Meh
Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
I don't think it matters, the story at UF has been set due to the success of this year and the general vibe coming from the program. All things are looking up. After that, it is going to come down to playing time. So regardless if we lose to FSU or not, recruits are going make decisions based upon that versus the head to head match up. Keep filling the swamp and being loud, it will all work out.

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
FCK fsu.......this season and this guys coaching is gonna get the attention of players he needs for his system. The future looks bright, im gonna wear shades. It is wonderful what he has done this year but patience grasshopper.........the best is yet to come with the MacTrain.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
stephenPE;n309714 said:
FCK fsu.......this season and this guys coaching is gonna get the attention of players he needs for his system. The future looks bright, im gonna wear shades. It is wonderful what he has done this year but patience grasshopper.........the best is yet to come with the MacTrain.

I agree but a win over the Clowns this year would have profound effects for the next 5 years just like their win in 2010 IMO.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Fvkk all Nulls.

That's all you needed to say.

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
Concrete Helmet;n309718 said:
I agree but a win over the Clowns this year would have profound effects for the next 5 years just like their win in 2010 IMO.
I think it would help but sadly there is this segment of HS players that are drawn like moths to a flame with the nole sh#t and those colors and noise. The large gal population next door at FAMU I hear is also a natural draw.......

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
GatorJ;n309704 said:
I might throw this thread in solitaire just because it's in all caps.

HEH??? I got in trouble the last time I started a thread because it wasn't all caps...:crazy:

Doopree

Lifetime Member
Sep 2, 2015
I heard if we beat FSU this year Ermon Lane may transfer to UF......

ItsDookie87

...it's best to let him finish
BANNED
Sep 8, 2014
If I had to pick, I'd rather win the SEC because that puts a trophy in the cabinet and alone is huge for recruiting. Since the SECCG doesn't look promising with our offense, I'd like to beat FSU with at least the chance to win both.

L-boy

BANNED
Oct 16, 2014
I'm not sure how I would answer that question. My reaction is SEC championship is more important. Spurrier was all about championships. It is hard for me to imagine a scenario where we lose to FSU and then beat Bama. Maybe if Bama lost and LSU went to championship game.

I really don't buy that the the UF/FSU game determines the next 5 years of recruiting.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
I hate these types of threads. As if what we wished for mattered for **** all.

LongTooth

Lifetime Member
Feb 4, 2015
winning the conference should always be the first priority, with wins against non-conference rivals being a close second.

i see where you are coming from about recruiting helmet, but we are an SEC team and our primary competition is our conference. we put up SEC championship games and victories, then the recruiting will shift in our favor.

remember, SOS had a tough time with the noles, but as we continued to rack up a SEC crowns, the balance started to shift over to UF and we ended up kicking their tails in the '96 NC after only beating them twice in Steve's first six or seven tries.

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
Becoming SEC champs, beating Bama, establishing ourselves as the best team in the best conference, and being the first east SEC champ since 2008. Playing and winning in front of the largest conference championship audience, Mac beating Saban in his first season; vs Winning a regular season game in a game with a much smaller audience with mostly regional interest, and not for a championship? Then playing in a premier Bowl Game as SEC 1 vs the Citrus Bowl as SEC 2?

Tough choice :facepalm:. But since it's all fantasy anyway "pick" whichever you prefer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator