In the short term is a win over FSU more important than the SECCG if we were to lose another game?

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
stephenPE;n309887 said:
gotta go with Zam on this. Beating either one will complete this year. Either one will be HUGE. Bama probably the better one to beat.
I'm with you. Best scenario would actually be win out regular season then meet LSU in the SECCG if we are playing "if you could pick".

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
ItsDookie87;n309738 said:
If I had to pick, I'd rather win the SEC because that puts a trophy in the cabinet and alone is huge for recruiting. Since the SECCG doesn't look promising with our offense, I'd like to beat FSU with at least the chance to win both.
We gotta beat fsu in order to win back the state recruiting wise. Also, we don't need fsu to have bragging rights over the sec champs.

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
Law98gator;n309896 said:
Maybe, I only have one. You didn't really answer the question. La= Los Angeles? Louisiana? Lower Alabama? Left of Akron?

Yes, Los Angeles (San Gabriel Valley and Orange County actually), yes, lived in FL from 1980-1992, lived in Gainesville/Orlando the whole time. Looking at possibly retiring back there vs Oregon and HI. I get it that I don't actually ever see any FSU grads out here (most aren't successful enough to travel this far and all the fast food jobs are already taken by south of the border workers) so I have probably lost some of the visceral hate that comes with dealing with the dumbasses on a regular basis.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
t-gator;n309905 said:
We gotta beat fsu in order to win back the state recruiting wise. Also, we don't need fsu to have bragging rights over the sec champs.

Ding, ding, ding......we have a winner. What good is an SEC title with FSU having beat the champions?

Bernardo de la Paz

Founding Member
Florida Victorious Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I'm with SOS on this and I think the trophy is more important. Remember he used to piss off booby by saying the game against the school out west didn't matter much because it wasn't a conference game. Then at usc he would take subtle jabs at the fans because all he had to do to make them happy was beat clemson. We aren't usc. We play for championships.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Concrete Helmet;n309915 said:
Ding, ding, ding......we have a winner. What good is an SEC title with FSU having beat the champions?
We would get to listen to Danny kanel tell everybody how overrated the sec is all of season.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
lagator;n309910 said:
I get it that I don't actually ever see any FSU grads out here (most aren't successful enough to travel this far and all the fast food jobs are already taken by south of the border workers)
:lol:

lagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
Law98gator;n309925 said:
That's more like it. I can't believe you didn't give me a like for my post where I referenced The Real DBU standing for Dime Bag University.

Gatorious

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
Bernardo de la Paz;n309918 said:
I'm with SOS on this and I think the trophy is more important. Remember he used to piss off booby by saying the game against the school out west didn't matter much because it wasn't a conference game. Then at usc he would take subtle jabs at the fans because all he had to do to make them happy was beat clemson. We aren't usc. We play for championships.

SOS knows whats up. Win the East, then win the SEC.

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
Simple. How many times have we beat the noles and how many sec championships have we won? That wasn't hard.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Ancient Reptile;n309967 said:
Simple. How many times have we beat the noles and how many sec championships have we won? That wasn't hard.
True but I can't remember when fsu had this type of a stranglehold on the state when it comes to recruiting. Times are a little different.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I think FSU is more important this year. It is a huge game for recruiting. Of course... if we were to lose that then come back and beat Bama... that would be huge also. I think it is more likely we beat FSU.. than Bama, but if we don't improve on offense we will lose both and possibly USCe.

Gatorbreath

Founding Member
The original "Breath" of the GCMB.
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Bernardo de la Paz;n309918 said:

^ This.

Gatorious;n309935 said:
SOS knows whats up. Win the East, then win the SEC.

Then ^ this.

Goals each year, in order:
  1. Win the East
  2. Win the SECCG
  3. Win the Natty
So sayeth the HBC.

The Clowns are a minor annoyance that should be easily flicked away at the end of each season on the way to Atlanta. C'mon, fellas. There's no point to being in a conference - much less the toughest, most prestigious conference in the USA - if the goal is not to win it each year.

GatorStud

Founding Member
Score Points, Be Happy
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Law98gator;n309865 said:
You sound like a Cocaine or a Golden Shower Knight.

Only the big dogs need to play to establish the championship and it sure as hell does matter in to people in Florida... and to recruits.

Just like a rambling, presumptive lawyer... it used to be Us, the semen filled holes and miami... your big dogs aren't playing each other in the same year for now, hence for me, it's been mythical for awhile and inconsequential to this alum and Floridian. Do I want to kick their ass every year? of course, but not if it means losing the Trophy in Atlanta. SECCG or bust remains my take irrespective of our low chances of success this year.
:cool:

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Gatorbreath;n310212 said:
^ This.

Then ^ this.

Goals each year, in order:
  1. Win the East
  2. Win the SECCG
  3. Win the Natty

So sayeth the HBC.

The Clowns are a minor annoyance that should be easily flicked away at the end of each season on the way to Atlanta. C'mon, fellas. There's no point to being in a conference - much less the toughest, most prestigious conference in the USA - if the goal is not to win it each year.

The point is you have to have the talent to win the SEC.....There's a reason other than coaching why we haven't won the SEC since 2008.....Simple fellas, we haven't been getting the best talent, FSUX has. We have to make them look bad and that's the reason SOS didn't win or play for more NC's.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
t-gator;n309971 said:
True but I can't remember when fsu had this type of a stranglehold on the state when it comes to recruiting. Times are a little different.

T gets it. Times have been different since 2010, that's a little too long in my book. They are taking literally every 5 star in the god damned state for crying out loud.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.