Incoming freshman LB Ventrell Miller story

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Bowl article.... (is it true the camera puts 15-20 pounds on? or has the bowl porked up?):

https://www.seccountry.com/florida/...r-losing-miami-interest-growing-up-an-fsu-fan

LB Ventrell Miller bound for Florida after losing Miami interest, growing up an FSU fan

LAKELAND, Fla. — Ventrell Miller is one of 16 signees reporting to Florida in 2 months.

If Miller had his way, however, another in-state program could have been welcoming him to campus this summer.

The 3-star linebacker from Lakeland, Fla., landed 35 offers during his recruitment, but he never received 1 from the school he grew up rooting for.

“I was always a fan of Florida State,” Miller said. “I wanted to get that offer but it didn’t come, so I was basically like, ‘Forget it.’ I was happy with Florida.”

The 6-foot, 227-pound prospect committed to Florida over Miami and North Carolina on June 24, but admits the Hurricanes weren’t really in the picture at that point.

“They were really after me in the beginning and I had a lot of interest in them,” Miller said. “But the communication died down so I stopped stressing Miami. They didn’t recruit me as hard as Florida.”

You can read the rest of our recruiting rewind Q&A with Miller below.

Q: If you could give a junior only 1 piece of advice about the recruiting process, what would it be?

A: “Don’t let it get to your head. Continue to come out, put that work in and really just be humble.”

Q: What school came in second? What could they have done a little better?

A: “North Carolina. I really enjoyed my visit up there. It was just too far away from home.”

Q: What was the most creative thing a school or coach did to get your attention?

A: “Oregon State sent a package in the mail. It was a photo of me and there were like 20 pieces to it that made a big picture.”

Q: What’s the biggest secret you kept during the recruiting process?

A: “That I was a Florida State fan. I kept that a secret. But that didn’t work out, so I’m a Gator now.”

Q: What was your biggest regret during the recruiting process?

A: “My recruiting process wasn’t long. I just got my decision out of the way so I could focus on my senior year.”

Q: What was the funniest story that happened on 1 of your recruiting trips?

A: “Nothing specific, but just going out with all the recruits on my Florida visit. We had a lot of fun that night.”

Q: Which coach was it the hardest to say no?

A: “Larry Fedora from North Carolina.”

Q: Which head coach of a team that you did not sign with was the nicest?

A: “Coach Mark Richt from Miami, at one point in time. I also liked the coach from Iowa State [Matt Campbell].”

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
Maybe fsu should have offered. They had two five stars in the starting rotation and their linebackers we just awful last year. Both are busts. Our 3 stars will be better than their five stars this year. Matthew Thomas is their version of Debose. This is the year he'll break out they say yet it never happens.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Could be a good thing. He could fight harder particularly against FSU with something to prove.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.