Inquiring minds want to know.

B52G8rAC

SAC Trained Warrior
Lifetime Member
Feb 15, 2016
Bunch of FN Yankees on here.
Mayo is a staple of Southern food.

Where the hell do you get a FN cheeseburger with only mustard?

Tuna salad Without Mayo?
Sacrilege!!

Potato salad without Mayo ?

Who are you people????
:lmao:

I don’t even know what Miracle whip tastes like.

Hellman’s or Duke’s
Well, when I was growing up, Hellman's or Best Foods hadn't arrived on the Southern front yet. I remember Kraft Mayo. Once Hellman's was available, my mom said you couldn't put too much in potato salad; if it looked dry add more.

Ironhead

Defender of freedom.
Lifetime Member
Aug 18, 2018
Well, when I was growing up, Hellman's or Best Foods hadn't arrived on the Southern front yet. I remember Kraft Mayo. Once Hellman's was available, my mom said you couldn't put too much in potato salad; if it looked dry add more.
Yeah, I only remember Hellman’s.
I grew up in Collinsville Va., outside Martinsville.
Mill town
Cotton mills or furniture factories.

I don’t think my family would have survived without mayonnaise.
:lol3::lol3:

CDGator

Not Seedy
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2020
Miracle whip no question…I could eat that plain
My brother did that as a kid. He called it the “snow meat” sandwich and my papaw had no idea what he was asking for. That makes a child very angry when you don’t know he wants miracle whip between two pieces of bread with no meat.

Nalt

Jul 23, 2020
Mayonnaise/Miracle Whip reminds me of the white stuff that comes out when you pop a pimple because of how it looks.

Nalt

Jul 23, 2020

You know Murphy's Law. It's "If something can go wrong, it will", but do you know Cole's law? It's...​

shredded cabbage, mayonnaise, maybe some carrot.

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
Yeah, I only remember Hellman’s.
I grew up in Collinsville Va., outside Martinsville.
Mill town
Cotton mills or furniture factories.

I don’t think my family would have survived without mayonnaise.
:lol3::lol3:
I’m glad you specified where Collinsville is. I grew up in Va and lived there until I was 23 and then twice more for six and four years respectively and I’ve never heard of Collinsville. I do have some friends from Martinsville however and my roommate freshman year was from Danville.

Ironhead

Defender of freedom.
Lifetime Member
Aug 18, 2018
I’m glad you specified where Collinsville is. I grew up in Va and lived there until I was 23 and then twice more for six and four years respectively and I’ve never heard of Collinsville. I do have some friends from Martinsville however and my roommate freshman year was from Danville.
Awesome, Small world sometimes.
I left when I was 22, went in the Navy, ended up at Mayport and never went back.
Rarely visit.
I've lived in Florida since 1981.
Did your friend go to Dan River High School?
Same district as my old high school, I wrestled in HS and went to Dan River and Chatham, alot!

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
Awesome, Small world sometimes.
I left when I was 22, went in the Navy, ended up at Mayport and never went back.
Rarely visit.
I've lived in Florida since 1981.
Did your friend go to Dan River High School?
Same district as my old high school, I wrestled in HS and went to Dan River and Chatham, alot!
The friends are brothers and I’m pretty sure they went to Martinsville HS. My roommate from Danville went to GW (and was insufferable as they were dominating in football in those days).

Ironhead

Defender of freedom.
Lifetime Member
Aug 18, 2018
The friends are brothers and I’m pretty sure they went to Martinsville HS. My roommate from Danville went to GW (and was insufferable as they were dominating in football in those days).
Yeah, GW was a powerhouse. I believe they were AAAA?
I went to a smaller High School. Martinsville was always a class or two higher when I was in HS. (Fieldale-Collinsville, or FC )
We were AA and Martinsville (MAVAHI) was AAA.
My junior and senior year, the planets aligned and we were both AA.
I lost in the district tournament to a kid from Martinsville that I didn't get to wrestle during the regular season, because he didn't make weight, at our earlier meet. My only loss that year, until then.
I didn't get a chance for redemption in the regionals either, as I lost in the 2nd round.
That loss has stuck with me all these years, because I was undefeated going into the tournament.
We hated "MAVAHI"...

Where did you go to High School?

Gator By Marriage

A convert to Gatorism
Lifetime Member
Dec 31, 2018
Yeah, GW was a powerhouse. I believe they were AAAA?
I went to a smaller High School. Martinsville was always a class or two higher when I was in HS. (Fieldale-Collinsville, or FC )
We were AA and Martinsville (MAVAHI) was AAA.
My junior and senior year, the planets aligned and we were both AA.
I lost in the district tournament to a kid from Martinsville that I didn't get to wrestle during the regular season, because he didn't make weight, at our earlier meet. My only loss that year, until then.
I didn't get a chance for redemption in the regionals either, as I lost in the 2nd round.
That loss has stuck with me all these years, because I was undefeated going into the tournament.
We hated "MAVAHI"...

Where did you go to High School?
A small private school at the other end of the state: Bishop Ireton in Alexandria. I lived in the district for TC Williams of “Remember the Titans” fame.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.