Recruiting Interesting POV on why ESDisn't working as many wanted

bayou gator

Lord I was born a shamblin' man...
Lifetime Member
Aug 30, 2014
I think ESD should be pushed until after bowl season, and then possibly push the February signing day into March. Doing this will allow any and all coaches to finish up their bowl commitments, and each school can have their entire staff hired, and have a chance to get out on the trail.

Disclaimer: I didn’t read the article. Just my .02

gator1946

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Sorry bayou and rog I read it. Not one word surprised me. Unintended or maybe even intended consequences are changing college football to something which I'm not familiar with. I don't like it. I don't like it at all. Pay the players, but is there no cap? Build the SEC as a super conference but be careful what you wish for. Pay coaches at ever increasing market rates until those schools that screw up go bankrupt. Add in a transfer portal that becomes nothing more than an imitation of NFL free agency. Build build build new facilities until your rival builds something better, then up the ante. The list goes on. But then I'm old and not with the times. So what I like is immaterial.

Nothing is going to stop this. The genie is out of the bottle. Either go all in or get all out.

Last edited:

Joegator96

Lifetime Member
Nov 5, 2019
Sorry bayou and rog I read it. Not one word surprised me. Unintended or maybe even intended consequences are changing college football to something which I'm not familiar with. I don't like it. I don't like it at all. Pay the players, but is there no cap? Build the SEC as a super conference but be careful what you wish for. Pay coaches at ever increasing market rates until those schools that screw up go bankrupt. Add in a transfer portal that becomes nothing more than an imitation of NFL free agency. Build build build new facilities until your rival builds something better, then up the ante. The list goes on. But then I'm old and not with the times. So what I like is immaterial.

Nothing is going to stop this. The genie is out of the bottle. Either go all in or get all out.
That it's changed the entire process dramatically is what I see as key. I always felt the athletes should be paid some type of stipend for the value of them representing the universities but never expected it to become an overnight millionaire for posing for pictures. Also, other thread posters express anxiety over BN losing several of DM commits (even when they thought DM was a lazy idiot) . BN saying to be patient as he creates a full staff of coaches, analysts and NIL resources all while trying to recruit some quality players to restock the cupboard in less than a two week period is not a cause for panic. Let's not forget the additional defections to the portal create even more rooms to fill. All that said comparing what BN is going to accomplish in this ESD class to the last 4 UF coaches is not relevant as the situation is drastically different then and now. What he does not accomplish today his work ethic and staffing decisions will close the gap on our top tier competition thru working the portal, NSD and a full cycle class in the next year.

It seems the administration powers at many universities want to either move ESD into the next year or eliminate it altogether, I hope it happens soon. The process now is utter madness and not working as intended to take pressure off the recruits. It's just shifted it all to the HBC.

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I have pointed these things out in a few of the threads, the ESD does a disservice for the coaches and the players. It's only about the marketing of College Football before the Bowl season. Other than the brand being out there, it serves no one it claims to truly serve.

Joegator96

Lifetime Member
Nov 5, 2019
I have pointed these things out in a few of the threads, the ESD does a disservice for the coaches and the players. It's only about the marketing of College Football before the Bowl season. Other than the brand being out there, it serves no one it claims to truly serve.
totally agree

B52G8rAC

SAC Trained Warrior
Lifetime Member
Feb 15, 2016
Apropos of nothing really but every time I see POV my narrow military mind thinks "personally owned vehicle." Point of view isn't even a thing. Glad there is urban language search.:headslap:

Joegator96

Lifetime Member
Nov 5, 2019
Apropos of nothing really but every time I see POV my narrow military mind thinks "personally owned vehicle." Point of view isn't even a thing. Glad there is urban language search.:headslap:

point of view

noun
  1. a particular attitude or way of considering a matter.
    example "B52G8rAC could have a point of view if he could see the forest thru the trees"
    • (in fictional writing) the narrator's position in relation to a story being told.
      "this story is told from a child's point of view"
    • the position from which something or someone is observed.
      "certain aspects are not visible from a single point of view"

Sec14Gator

Lifetime Member
Oct 8, 2017

Dabo: "Education is like the last thing now."

That's it, Coach. Keep telling yourself all those great recruits you signed in previous years were coming for that great Clemson education.

Are you saying you don't see the educational value in the barber shop, miniature golf course, video game lobby, and second floor slide? Watch Dabo give this tour again and you see he's really focused on out recruiting Princeton and Brown, not the gumps.

This one even refers to Dabo "teach[ing]":

B52G8rAC

SAC Trained Warrior
Lifetime Member
Feb 15, 2016
point of view

noun
  1. a particular attitude or way of considering a matter.
    example "B52G8rAC could have a point of view if he could see the forest thru the trees"
    • (in fictional writing) the narrator's position in relation to a story being told.
      "this story is told from a child's point of view"
    • the position from which something or someone is observed.
      "certain aspects are not visible from a single point of view"
But, but, I don't have a point of view. All my observations are pure unadulterated fact withOUT any bias or perception filtering. Just sayin'.

Last edited:

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Are you saying you don't see the educational value in the barber shop, miniature golf course, video game lobby, and second floor slide? Watch Dabo give this tour again and you see he's really focused on out recruiting Princeton and Brown, not the gumps.

This one even refers to Dabo "teach[ing]":

That Football Facility that was promised to McElwain will be built in the next couple of years... so we are "keeping up".

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator