Iron Bowl argument ends with man getting shot

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Any of you ever shot a UGA or FSU fan during an argument?

Report: Iron Bowl argument ends with man getting shot

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/sec-football/report-iron-bowl-argument-ends-man-getting-shot/

On Monday night in Mobile, an argument about whether Alabama or Auburn is better turned violent, ending with a man getting shot.

According to an AL.com report, the shooting happened at a Mobile motel in the early evening hours on Monday night.

The report states that the shooter happened upon an argument between two other men when the gun was pulled and the victim was shot in the thigh:

The victim told authorities he was arguing with another man when the shooter asked him which football team is better. The shooter became angry, pulled out a firearm and shot the victim in the thigh before fleeing the scene, police said.

The current condition of the man who was shot is not known at this time. There have been no arrests in the case as of yet.

Shooting someone over a college football argument is obviously ridiculous, as the two teams will settle the debate on the field in less than two weeks.

bradgator2

Founding Member
Rioting
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
My wife is from Mobile and all of her family still lives there. Those people are insane over football. 2 years ago at the family Christmas party, this same thing practically happened between 2 cousins over bama/barn football. I told those freaks that my kids and I will not be back. My wife can go visit her family if she wants... but we aint coming.

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
not possible, ive been assured here many times that we are the most extreme, emotional, and unrealistic fan base in cfb.
No. You have been assured that we are a bit over the top, but not in bama's league. I realize that you think we are Vanderbilt, but that's not quite right.

Lake Gator

SUBMARINERS GO DEEPER
Lifetime Member
Feb 13, 2016
Crime scene photos...

And that's upscale accommodations.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
No. You have been assured that we are a bit over the top, but not in bama's league. I realize that you think we are Vanderbilt, but that's not quite right.
Yeah ok.

There's a bunch of pumps on this board that have stated exactly what I said and have done so multiple times during the mac and chump periods. They may not actually believe what they said and it was probably just another weak attempt to deflect from the piss poor team and coaching performances we saw week after week but it was said nonetheless. I've even provided the bama argument in those discussions multiple times in the last 2 years only to be scoffed at by ppl much like yourself. Finally, you're also dead wrong about what I think. I think and have stated we are very emotional and definitely irrational quite often and I've never argued that point with anyone that stated as much, but I have consistently argued that we are at worst, absolutely NO different than any other major football program fanbase, and more realistically, we are a distant 2nd or 3rd to programs like LSU and BAMA who literally murder folks over stupid football games.

Maybe instead of pissing and moaning, you should try actually owning up to your embarrassing defense of butters, admit you were wrong, and move on. It'll help, I promise.

Last edited:

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Yeah ok.

There's a bunch of pumps on this board that have stated exactly what I said and have done so multiple times during the mac and chump periods. They may not actually believe what they said and it was probably just another weak attempt to deflect from the piss poor team and coaching performances we saw week after week but it was said nonetheless. I've even provided the bama argument in those discussions multiple times in the last 2 years only to be scoffed at by ppl much like yourself. Finally, you're also dead wrong about what I think. I think and have stated we are very emotional and definitely irrational quite often and I've never argued that point with anyone that stated as much, but I have consistently argued that we are at worst, absolutely NO different than any other major football program fanbase, and more realistically, we are a distant 2nd or 3rd to programs like LSU and BAMA who literally murder folks over stupid football games.

Maybe instead of lashing out repeatedly at folks, you should try actually owning up to your embarrassing defense of butters, admit you were wrong, and move on. It'll help, I promise.

Yep. Notice it's the 'pumps' who have to respond to posts like the one you made to defend themselves (as they were the one's literally making those comments before Butters was fired).

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
Yeah ok.

Maybe instead of pissing and moaning, you should try actually owning up to your embarrassing defense of butters, admit you were wrong, and move on. It'll help, I promise.
What you don't get Is this. When someone takes a post and spins it, why that's good, clean fun. Rog does that with happy intentions and is widely admired for doing so. Law does it superbly evincing his legal training. The effort displays wit and cleverness and is,at worst tolerated, and most often admired. But simply misrepresenting what a person posts is quite different. It requires neither wit nor intelligence and is so understood by those who read it. Most readers impute evil or stupidity to those who do it.
In the present instance, you can prevent that interpretation by providing evidence that some poster has said we are as bad as bama. You can't, of course, so I fear readers will reach a less complimentary conclusion.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
What you don't get Is this. When someone takes a post and spins it, why that's good, clean fun. Rog does that with happy intentions and is widely admired for doing so. Law does it superbly evincing his legal training. The effort displays wit and cleverness and is,at worst tolerated, and most often admired. But simply misrepresenting what a person posts is quite different. It requires neither wit nor intelligence and is so understood by those who read it. Most readers impute evil or stupidity to those who do it.
In the present instance, you can prevent that interpretation by providing evidence that some poster has said we are as bad as bama. You can't, of course, so I fear readers will reach a less complimentary conclusion.
You've got to be kidding right?

The argument was not that we were as bad as bama. The argument was that certain posters claimed that we were the most unrealistic and fanatical fan base, bar none. MY argument has been that we AREN'T even as bad as bama, not even close. But if you're looking for that non-existent poster who actually claims we ARE as bad as bama I'll give you the following.

All fan bases are exactly the same.
Directly from the mouths of babes...

Last edited:

Ancient Reptile

Mar 4, 2015
You've got to be kidding right?

The argument was not that we were as bad as bama. The argument was that certain posters claimed that we were the most unrealistic and fanatical fan base, bar none. MY argument has been that we AREN'T even as bad as bama, not even close. But if you're looking for that non-existent poster who actually claims we ARE as bad as bama I'll give you the following.

Directly from the mouths of babes...
Produce even one poster who has claimed that we are the"most fanatical and unrealistic" fan base. But of course you can't. You just make this junk up

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Produce even one poster who has claimed that we are the"most fanatical and unrealistic" fan base. But of course you can't. You just make this junk up
Coach has made those claims multiple times, other posters like deuce have done so as well. They were typically in snarky response to posters who were angry and calling for chump or mac's head, but they were posted. I'm not going to go digging for them; dont even know how to search threads. They exist, period. I know it, you know it, and everyone reading this thread knows it too. And that's why nobody is jumping to defend you.

Still waiting for a response to your "all fan bases are the same" comment that you claim has never been said. As far as this convo goes... well, Monte Python nailed it...

tumblr_ng75k2LPvy1rfj2evo2_500.gif

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Any of you ever shot a UGA or FSU fan during an argument?

Report: Iron Bowl argument ends with man getting shot

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/sec-football/report-iron-bowl-argument-ends-man-getting-shot/

On Monday night in Mobile, an argument about whether Alabama or Auburn is better turned violent, ending with a man getting shot.

According to an AL.com report, the shooting happened at a Mobile motel in the early evening hours on Monday night.

The report states that the shooter happened upon an argument between two other men when the gun was pulled and the victim was shot in the thigh:

The victim told authorities he was arguing with another man when the shooter asked him which football team is better. The shooter became angry, pulled out a firearm and shot the victim in the thigh before fleeing the scene, police said.

The current condition of the man who was shot is not known at this time. There have been no arrests in the case as of yet.

Shooting someone over a college football argument is obviously ridiculous, as the two teams will settle the debate on the field in less than two weeks.
I don’t argue with morons, so that leaves Semis and Dwags out.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
shot the victim in the thigh before fleeing the scene, police said.

Witnesses said he fled with a 4.4 40-speed and adeptly zig-zagged thru traffic in order to get to his Escalade side-printed with "Satan is diety". Police said "Not enough to go on to even mount a search."

PS>> Police said the Auburn fan victim was lucky he wasn't more severely injured, 'causr in debates those opposing fans resort to hollow-points. Police also said the fact that the victim was draped in toilet paper was zero help in profiling.

Last edited:

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Witnesses said he fled with a 4.4 40-speed and adeptly zig-zagged thru traffic in order to get to his Escalade side-printed with "Satan is diety". Police said "Not enough to go on to even mount a search."

Well, the article is poorly written....as it doesn't say which fan base did the shootin'!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.