Is Martez Ivey it on offense?

SoberJohn

BANNED
Jul 3, 2015
Will Martez Ivey be the only UF player to make All-SEC (1st, 2nd, or 3rd)? Does this disturbing trend continue forever? After being THE offensive team in the SEC under Spurrier and pretty potent under Meyer, is UF now resigned itself to being mediocre on offense?

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Will Martez Ivey be the only UF player to make All-SEC (1st, 2nd, or 3rd)? Does this disturbing trend continue forever? After being THE offensive team in the SEC under Spurrier and pretty potent under Meyer, is UF now resigned itself to being mediocre on offense?

It's downright embarrassing. Our players used to litter the All SEC lineups.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I don't see how Ivey makes it if they actually look at the tape of our early games.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
What does it take to get a certified troll banner these days?

SoberJohn

BANNED
Jul 3, 2015
I don't see how Ivey makes it if they actually look at the tape of our early games.
Maybe, but a five star gets the benefit of expectations and they can easily be recognized over a two star who is actually a better player. Anyway, Ivey should get a break because most offensive linemen aren't thrown to the wolves as true freshmen and few play at a high level as redshirt freshmen either. It's similar to being drafted in the first round. Even if you can't play a lick, you're probably guaranteed three years in the league before you're cut.

gatorkev85

Nov 24, 2015
I'm confused.... I thought Callaway was a complete stud, that's what I was told during the off-season when I said he was nothing more than an above average player. I was told he was a stud. He's averaging a measly 60 yards a game and only has 2 tds for the whole year. He's had 5 straight games with 50 yards or less. He's a nice player but he's not what everyone made him out to be.

SoberJohn

BANNED
Jul 3, 2015
I'm confused.... I thought Callaway was a complete stud, that's what I was told during the off-season when I said he was nothing more than an above average player. I was told he was a stud. He's averaging a measly 60 yards a game and only has 2 tds for the whole year. He's had 5 straight games with 50 yards or less. He's a nice player but he's not what everyone made him out to be.
I think you're too hard on Callaway. It's hard to be an all-star receiver if you don't have a good QB. I think Demarcus Robinson was a stud receiver, but he, also, suffered from UF's mediocrity at QB. I've seen Callaway open plenty of times when UF's QB couldn't get him the ball. I say it's unfair to judge a receiver until a competent QB is around to throw to him.

Sep 29, 2015

Callaway in 9 games: 35 Receptions; 533 yards (15.2/catch); 2 TDs; 1 Rushing TD; 1 Special Teams TD

Ridley in 10 games: 50 receptions; 550 yards (10.9/catch); 6 TDs; 1 Rushing TD

He's a special player on an otherwise average team with poor qb play.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
What does it take to get a certified troll banner these days?
Reading through his posts, you type stuff about ten times more negative, and ten times more often. Does that mean I should throw the banner on you too?

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Reading through his posts, you type stuff about ten times more negative, and ten times more often. Does that mean I should throw the banner on you too?
:rabbi::rabbi::rabbi:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator