Is the SEC East essentially over?

Bama&GatorFan

Friends in high places
Dec 5, 2015
After reviewing TN's schedule, I can definitely see Florida winning the East. TN will likely have two SEC losses after the next three weeks. It won't be easy, but the Gators could win out. If so, they could win the East. Would they beat Alabama in the championship? I doubt it, but it is still too early to tell. I haven't been all that impressed with Bama yet. However, they usually improve a lot by the end of the year (but so does everyone else!).

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
The East isn't unwinnable, Tennessee isn't that special, and will lose 2 - 3 games, we could still win the East. Our toughest tests in the SEC look to be LSU (who is transitioning) and Arkansas. No one in the East is all that special.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
https://www.seccountry.com/sec/every-current-sec-head-coach-vs-ranked-teams
Jim McElwain, Florida/Colorado State
Overall: 1-7 (.125) UPDATED

2015: 1-4
2016: 0-1

Biggest win: 38-10 win vs. No. 3 Ole Miss in 2015

Jim McElwain had great success to start his tenure at Florida, but lost almost every game against top competition. The Gators dominated No. 3 Ole Miss to start, but lost every other game against a ranked opponent after losing QB Will Grier to suspension. Winning a SEC East title will keep him around until he finds a quarterback.
Add in this year's loss to UT and it ain't looking good. Lots of excuses but little else.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator