Is this the dead period?

Floridagator

Founding Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
It sure seems like it. Outside of Mac getting hired there ain't crap happening for us in recruiting. Will this Berlin Wall ever fall for us! Ok, done venting.

CapitalGator02

Founding Member
( . Y . )
Jun 17, 2014
Founding Member
Floridagator;n131197 said:
It sure seems like it. Outside of Mac getting hired there ain't crap happening for us in recruiting. Will this Berlin Wall ever fall for us! Ok, done venting.

It's a dead period for any team that isn't in playoffs. This is very typical right before the holidays, in any industry for that matter

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
If I remember from the presser Mac said he's be hitting the road last week, "before it goes dead"??? He's been out seeing recruits and think it goes dead real soon.

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Found this.
@SleeperAthletes: REMINDER PROSPECTS: Football DEAD PERIOD is from 12/15 - 1/14. Calling/writing is fine but no on/off-campus contact allowed #Recruiting

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
williston_gator;n131227 said:
Found this.
@SleeperAthletes: REMINDER PROSPECTS: Football DEAD PERIOD is from 12/15 - 1/14. Calling/writing is fine but no on/off-campus contact allowed #Recruiting

Willis you are to go to guy on the info. You're more connected than most the media outlets. I think Ox should make you an official source for GC. :dance:

CapitalGator02

Founding Member
( . Y . )
Jun 17, 2014
Founding Member
TN G8tr;n131229 said:
Willis you are to go to guy on the info. You're more connected than most the media outlets. I think Ox should make you an official source for GC. :dance:

Agreed. The updates are greatly appreciated. Keep it up WG!

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Thanks guys. I'm just a dude dressed up as a dude who's playing another dude....that monitors twitter for news lol.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
williston_gator;n131236 said:
Thanks guys. I'm just a dude dressed up as a dude who's playing another dude....that monitors twitter for news lol.

Well you're the Dude with the deal on info. Please do not source out to the GS, Pat and Robbie may ruin you.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
McElwain has done exactly what he needed to do - making in person contacts with the top targets before the dead period starts.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
williston_gator;131227 said:
Found this.

Calling/texting/writing is also ONLY allowed if initiated by the recruit.

jmskjrgator

Lifetime Member
Sep 9, 2014
TN G8tr;n131229 said:

I second that. All in favor please raise your right hand. Thanks. Motion carried.

G8RNGA

Founding Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
williston_gator;131236 said:
:lol: Well you are very good at monitoring twitterworld and reporting on it! I agree with the others.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
I think the OP is implying it's a
"dead period" due to no news....not just the actual recruiting "dead period", which is a real thing.

I really wish we'd hear about assistant coaches. I know it's only been a week or so since the official hiring of the head coach, but I'd like to see us make some announcements.

We obviously will have to wait for some coaches due to them still being employed by their current school....and if they are in bowl preparations it may be hard to interview. Anyhow, we have several coaches on our staff that appear to be in the plans for McElwain's staff. Why wait on these announcements?

It would be nice to see a commit or two though.

Captain Sasquatch

Founding Member
Mr. SQ, the Sashole
BANNED
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
williston_gator;n131236 said:

You get a like for the solid Tropic Thunder reference.

Homer J

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
williston_gator;n131227 said:
Found this.

I'm not employed by the university so I can do as I want!

signed,
Nevin Shapiro

Floridagator

Founding Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
BMF;n131313 said:
I think the OP is implying it's a
"dead period" due to no news....not just the actual recruiting "dead period", which is a real thing.

I really wish we'd hear about assistant coaches. I know it's only been a week or so since the official hiring of the head coach, but I'd like to see us make some announcements.

We obviously will have to wait for some coaches due to them still being employed by their current school....and if they are in bowl preparations it may be hard to interview. Anyhow, we have several coaches on our staff that appear to be in the plans for McElwain's staff. Why wait on these announcements?

It would be nice to see a commit or two though.
Lol, winner, I was wondering how long that would go for. Love the guy that gave the years we've been in this dead period, lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.