TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
Wussy! Do you buy tickets to watch football games or worry about what others do during the Anthem? Players are there to play a game for your entertainment. They are not your indentured servant to do exactly as you please. Do the Browns fans get to sue because of a lack of entertainment?

Are-You-Not-Entertained-Gladiator.gif

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
I'd love if there was a way he could win, but it seems like he's just going to waste some money. I find it odd that the Saints wouldn't just refund the money and avoid the PR

If you pay this one, you invite thousands more to do the same. No company would want to set/allow this precedent. Simply suggest the customer not renew their tickets.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
If you pay this one, you invite thousands more to do the same. No company would want to set/allow this precedent. Simply suggest the customer not renew their tickets.

I was referring to before is escalated. I highly doubt there weren't at least a few heated calls with his ticket rep, where a refund for remaining games would have prevented the filing. I'm really curious to see how bad season ticket renewals go next year across the league

Last edited:

-THE DUDE-

Founding Member
This is the year!!!
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I’m not a lawyer, but he may have a point. After reading a few other articles, Mr. Dragna’s argument seems to be that the protests have made his section so volatile, it is impossible to enjoy the game. Thus, he wants a refund. That isn’t stupid. The reporting is centering it around the protests, but he seems to be centering his legal argument around the “dangerous” seating section.
So the owners of the Saints are supposed to be responsible for the fans feelings in his section? If fans in his section can't behave themselves that's on them

GatorShea

Feb 10, 2016
The only ones that are really butthurt about all of this are the people that think that those who don't agree with the status quo should just shut up and take their medicine. It is time for their comeuppance, the wolves are coming, etc. And when they see that people that don't see the world exactly as they do or are not willing to swallow their medicine, they throw tantrums like little babies. There might not be many on here that agree with why some are protesting in the first place, but that doesn't mean that what they are protesting hasn't had an affect on them, a friend or a loved one. Here in Tulsa, we have had more than one officer involved death in the last couple of years and only one of them was given a rather short sentence and it was because he was a voluntary deputy who mistook his service revolver for his stun gun and shot the guy in the back and killed. This deputy also was over the age of 70 and didn't have the required training to even be performing the duty or carrying those pieces of equipment. He was basically weaseled in by the good ole boy system. Just remember from time to time that what may not affect you and I does not mean that it isn't real. Look at the cop that executed the hotel guest in 2016 and got off scott free just a few days ago.

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
I was referring to before is escalated. I highly doubt there were at least a few heated calls with his ticket rep, where a refund for remaining games would have prevented the filing. I'm really curious to see how bad season ticket renewals go next year across the league

Sorry, I didn't read that between the lines.

I think we're going to see big drops in renewals for season tickets. NFL has significantly damaged it's relationship with the fan base. It reminds me of when baseball went on strike (no pun intended) and lost so much of it's fan base. It took a huge hit in following years regarding fan support, but it didn't die off. I'm not sure how much it (baseball) has recovered. NFL is on track for a similar down period, IMO. They won't fold, but they won't be the dominant sport anymore for most fans.

GatorShea

Feb 10, 2016
I see a huge difference between going on strike over money, etc. and no games being played to games being played minutes after a few players out of over a thousand having taken a knee for a minute or two during the anthem. My interest in the NFL has waned because I think it is a sub par product in comparison to college football and other sports. The stupid advertisements on NBA jerseys bother me more than any protester but they don't cause me to not watch the sport because.....wait for it.....I am a fan of the sport.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
The only ones that are really butthurt about all of this are the people that think that those who don't agree with the status quo should just shut up and take their medicine. It is time for their comeuppance, the wolves are coming, etc. And when they see that people that don't see the world exactly as they do or are not willing to swallow their medicine, they throw tantrums like little babies. There might not be many on here that agree with why some are protesting in the first place, but that doesn't mean that what they are protesting hasn't had an affect on them, a friend or a loved one. Here in Tulsa, we have had more than one officer involved death in the last couple of years and only one of them was given a rather short sentence and it was because he was a voluntary deputy who mistook his service revolver for his stun gun and shot the guy in the back and killed. This deputy also was over the age of 70 and didn't have the required training to even be performing the duty or carrying those pieces of equipment. He was basically weaseled in by the good ole boy system. Just remember from time to time that what may not affect you and I does not mean that it isn't real. Look at the cop that executed the hotel guest in 2016 and got off scott free just a few days ago.
I think most people would prefer their football or whatever sports related programming, without a side dish of I'm a victim living in the free-est country in the world, but I want to bitch and moan because I'm a moron.

GatorShea

Feb 10, 2016
Well, we can't always have what we want, can we? Net Neutrality was just voted out today for no real reason other than to allow the consumers to be screwed.

biggator6

Oct 2, 2014
Well, we can't always have what we want, can we? Net Neutrality was just voted out today for no real reason other than to allow the consumers to be screwed.

Not true at all.. it was also voted out to let the ISPs make a crap ton more money. Think of the poor telecoms.

GatorShea

Feb 10, 2016
ISPs making more money means a whole lot less in our pockets. I hope it backfires and people drop internet like cable and just use their phones to find out what they need to.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Such snowflakes today, everyone is offended with everything....

He's not a snowflake. The Lawsuit, that's his strong counterprotest.
Besides, if the NFL has always made the National anthem's respect-expression a part of the game by always beginning the events so, then it and the people in the stands who pay for that game are part of that game. The National Anthem honors the country and its precepts. That angered fan may have lost a family member fighting
for our country. Are y'all telling him he cannot get highly emotional about memorializing & honoring our National Symbol. Let him protest by suing. Remember, he meant his protest for the court; he didn't court nationwide publicity like the Pro-players.

It can be a slippery slope to let political protests be "gatecrashers" mentally/visually intruding on consumers'
sports entertainment.

biggator6

Oct 2, 2014
ISPs making more money means a whole lot less in our pockets. I hope it backfires and people drop internet like cable and just use their phones to find out what they need to.

you realize that the cell companies ARE the worst offenders here. A****Pie was a lawyer for Verizon.. they're the ones who flat out said that they'd love to have tiered service based on content.

Double Gator Dad

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I don't have a problem with the protests. They don't interfere with the game itself, which is what people pay to see. Can I now sue movie theaters because they force me to sit through 10-20 minutes of ads that I didn't ask for in order to get to the entertainment that I did pay for? Look, I don't take part in these protests but understand why some do take part and will not allow it to ruin my day or cause me undue concern. People complain about others being soft and then get upset about things like this. The way I see it is that there is a certain group of people that exist that feel the rest of the people in this world are there to simply serve them. Stand there, be quiet and entertain me. I find it just as offensive for someone to be vaping when inside of public buildings and around me and others but I'm not going to file a lawsuit about it.

So your Browns analogy didn't fly so now you are trying a movie theatre?

Good luck

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.