It's a 5 game season now

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
So you think a coin has a memory and after 4 heads in a row tails is DUE? I don't think so. I am pretty sure that a fair coin that happens to come up heads 4 times in a row has a 50% chance of coming up heads the next time.

On the other hand, whether UF is due to have a good performance against FSU while they have a poor for them performance could be true.
Good lord, I was responding to a comment about how we will beat FSU simply bc "we are due."

Yeah, I know that it's 50/50 for each flip, but it's also bound to hit the other side soon and over time even out, that's what the law of averages is... hence my comment inferring the law of averages doesn't apply to that game, bc it's not a 50/50 probability like a coin flip. I'm a freaking engineer man, I understand probability.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
If he isn't they'll give us problems! We need "all hands on deck" with the traditional power running teams we're fixing to face.
Yeah, it's a rough stretch for us because we just don't matchup well in the middle. Ugly stretch I'm afraid. I expect Maye to be the leading tackler this month.

LongTooth

Lifetime Member
Feb 4, 2015
Davis. It's all about getting Davis back. He was playing out of his mind the last two games. 15 tackles vs Vandy. we might not have pulled that one out of the fire without him. was the leading tackler vs mizz even though he got hurt.

if we go 1-4, we get saddled with the rep of a team that can't close the second half of the the season.

SGG

Call me Ernie, or Big Ern
Lifetime Member
Sep 24, 2015
I'm thinking 4-1, maybe 5-0. Blowout wins over UGay and USCe, Close wins over Half Ass and the Corndogs, Arky game is a tossup, but winnable.

Ga is awful. They're not nearly as good as they were last year, and that was with Faton Whatshisface playing qb for us by throwing 4 picks. As bad as Ga is, Chump's team is that much worse. LSU isn't as scary this season as they usually are, and as someone mentioned earlier, they have a pretty tough stretch before that game, so they'll likely be dinged up pretty bad. This is the worst F$U team in several years, they should have 4 or 5 losses by now. Won't be a cakewalk, but we should be able to get back on track against them. Arky, on the road, maybe at night, is a little scary. If we can get up on them early, we should be ok, that's just a hell of a place for LDR to get his first true road start in the SEC, against a very dangerous team.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
The pumper in me says we go 2-3 but the downer says we go 1-4.

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Since when does "we're due" have to do with anything? You win or lose based off your play vs. the opponent, it aint a coin flip that's been turning up heads the last few flips.

Disagree.... Often a "lucky" bounce or stupid decision make a difference in a close game. We have played "superior" FSU teams close several times lately but we never seem to get any breaks against them, maybe this is the year.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Disagree.... Often a "lucky" bounce or stupid decision make a difference in a close game. We have played "superior" FSU teams close several times lately but we never seem to get any breaks against them, maybe this is the year.
You made my point for me. We got blown out by them at home last year. We didn't score on offense at all. Lucky bounces happen when you have two teams very close. Because, surprise, when both are real close it's, dare I say, similar to a coin flip. The only way a lucky bounce decides the game is in a very even matchup. So please tell me more about how evenly matched up we are.

deuce

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I was at the game in Tally 2 years ago and we could or should have won the game. Defense just got worn out after the FSU tight end made some "lucky" drive extending catches.

The classic definition of being lucky is "when preparation meets opportunity". Under Muschump, we were never lucky.

TheBigClaw

Founding Member
Proud to be a Gator
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
There are no excuses at all to not beat South Carolina, Georgia, and FSU this year. All 3 are awful. Arkansas is pretty good and a road game and LSU at their place will be tough. Will be a success if we can split those 2. I'm thinking 4-1, 5-0 with some luck.

Omar's Coming Yo!

Gator til the grave
BANNED
Oct 6, 2016
Given that Mac is 7-17 as a HC against teams with a winning record I expect us to win SCAR/UGA and drop 2--3 of Arky, LSU, FSU.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Given that Mac is 7-17 as a HC against teams with a winning record I expect us to win SCAR/UGA and drop 2--3 of Arky, LSU, FSU.

That's a bad resume'. Mac & LDR had better instantly (in 2 weeks) transform this Gator team.
The good (& bad) news, is that we have good enough position-players to be outdoing our rivals
by at least 2 TDs/game. We have an excellent battery of RBs, effective TEs, blistering WRs.
Yet HC, CEO Mac doesn't seem to know how to pounce with them.?? I think as we're wishing LDR
learns fast, Mac seems to be learning his part slower.?

Wishing is based on a construct of magic; hope is based on the construct of the leanings of prior evidence.
I hope Mac uses Perine & Scarlett for the max # of carries, disguised by misdirection and passing attack.
I hope our DBs continue to get great.

I wish I could see LDR show a rifle arm with line drive throws and leading long passes.
i wish RB Thompson would shed tacklers like Errict Rhett .
I wish our DL becomes bull-rush unblockable, with swarming gang tackles.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Rifle arm and line drives throws, where the fvkk did this idea come from? Same people who thougt Driskel was a Heisman. Remember the coaches tryimg to teach that fvkktard to put some air under it?

Its about making the right reads, throwing on time and youre far better off with a guy with touch who outs some air under it like Wuerffel or Leak than a fireballer like Doug Johnson or Driskel.

LDR has more than enough arm and he is still only a RSo who has played only a couple of games. It doesnt seem like it bc he is mature but he is still very inexperienced. He looks better than Wuerffel did at this point IMO.

deuce

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
There are no excuses at all to not beat South Carolina, Georgia, and FSU this year. All 3 are awful. Arkansas is pretty good and a road game and LSU at their place will be tough. Will be a success if we can split those 2. I'm thinking 4-1, 5-0 with some luck.

There you go!

CU-UF

Meh
Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
The real question is what does the five game record need to be in order for many on this board to be satisfied.

NCOGator

Sep 5, 2014
The real question is what does the five game record need to be in order for many on this board to be satisfied.
That is a great question! Most people on this board thought that 7-8 wins (with possible losses to F$S, LSU, buTtChug, UGLY, and ARK) was going to be considered a good season. We still have four of the five yet to play, so if we win one would that satisfy the dormers? What if we win three or more will the board collapse from over achievement?

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Rifle arm and line drives throws, where the fvkk did this idea come from? Same people who thougt Driskel was a Heisman. Remember the coaches tryimg to teach that fvkktard to put some air under it?

Its about making the right reads, throwing on time and youre far better off with a guy with touch who outs some air under it like Wuerffel or Leak than a fireballer like Doug Johnson or Driskel.

LDR has more than enough arm and he is still only a RSo who has played only a couple of games. It doesnt seem like it bc he is mature but he is still very inexperienced. He looks better than Wuerffel did at this point IMO.

... Heck, if it's refuted by the Law, I take back the whole post ... crap, I'm going back over other posts and
deleting them too. :D ... gotta get right with the Law.

gatormandan

Are we back yet?
Lifetime Member
Oct 15, 2014

Uh, we would have to win all 5 and win by 50 points each. That MIGHT be enough......well, probably not.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
was going to be considered a good season. We still have four of the five yet to play, so if we win one would that satisfy the dormers?
I don't believe anyone would have thought 7-8 wins would be considered good. This is UF and 10 plus win seasons should be the standard. Myself and quite a few others said 10-3 or 11-3 would make them feel good about the program going forward and although we're losing a game I'm still expecting no worse than 9 or 10 wins because anything less than that makes me feel a little shaky going forward...Lets face it, the defense will be in need of a complete rebuild next season, our offense still hasn't found consistency and a 7-8 win season won't do anything to inspire recruiting.....It's now or never time for Mac....

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.