It's about time for our annual make fun of Muschamp Thread

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Even Trump had to interview for over a year to get the job. Muschamp wowed Foley during one four-hour sit-down session in Austin and Foley decided it wasn't even necessary to interview another candidate. How's that for ADing?

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
The chimp was the bottom of Foley's folley barrel. On the plus side, he has to be the most convincing bull****ter in the universe to keep landing SEC HC jobs based on crap W-L records on the big stage.

He's a fraud for sure.

But to your last point about him getting hired again . Remember, Usce fans felt they had their choice of guys like Smart, Strong, Fuente, Herman(along with other absurd names). Once several far superior jobs opened, they had nothing and were left dangerously close to the dreaded "Hi, Mrs. Smith...is John L there?" phone call.

That's the only reason he's employed as a HC. Even then, reports are that he had to call and beg. They literally had no one else, and still didn't really want him.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
One thing I will say for Chimp, he doesnt lose to Bytch Jones. What kind of coach would lose to Bytch Jones?

Alumni Guy

Lifetime Member
Nov 7, 2015
When I think back to Muschamp football, not only do I think of the losses.

I think of BORING football.

His games were so bland. Run-run-pass on 3rd. No explosion.

Blah

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
When I think back to Muschamp football, not only do I think of the losses.

I think of BORING football.

His games were so bland. Run-run-pass on 3rd. No explosion.

Blah
The last eight years are such a blur.

We still run that Trailerbammer Feature the Punter Offense.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Charlie Weis, Will Muschamp, and Lane Kiffin could write a book together on how to become a multi-millionaire by being a shltty coach and giving a great interview to the hiring official/AD.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
The problem with hiring a DC as head coach is some of them THINK they know how to run an offense or hire the right people to do it. I'd rather trust an OC to manage the defense than vice versa. Muschamp was far too arrogant to allow anyone with a practical brain in his ear.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
The problem with hiring a DC as head coach is some of them THINK they know how to run an offense or hire the right people to do it. I'd rather trust an OC to manage the defense than vice versa. Muschamp was far too arrogant to allow anyone with a practical brain in his ear.
Its really no different if you land a former OC as a head coach who doesnt call his own game and who needs a good OC to make his offense run.

Great, good, and even mediocre OCs get hired as HCs quickly.... which also says alot about Nusschump.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Its really no different if you land a former OC as a head coach who doesnt call his own game and who needs a good OC to make his offense run.

Great, good, and even mediocre OCs get hired as HCs quickly.... which also says alot about Nusschump.

No one could put more more words strung together that essentially meant nothing into a two-minute conversation than Muschamp.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
Charlie Weis, Will Muschamp, and Lane Kiffin could write a book together on how to become a multi-millionaire by being a shltty coach and giving a great interview to the hiring official/AD.

So all three would be in the same location at the same time? Fantastic.

iLLk1j.gif

gators4224

Apr 30, 2016
No one could put more more words strung together that essentially meant nothing into a two-minute conversation than Muschamp.
It was funny in his post game press conference following the Georgia Southern loss, he was talking about how they ran a "load scheme" and asking reporters if they knew about a "mid-line." He was saying all these BS terms and saying talent was negated and all I was thinking was DUDE YOU LOST TO GEORGIA SOUTHERN AT HOME WHEN THEY DIDNT COMPLETE A PASS!

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
My good friend in the Gamecock Club has lowered his donation to bare minimum to keep his season tix, says he will up it back to where it was in two or three years when they wise up and can him. I've told him with their trend in hiring football coaches, Big Mac will be ready to come north in two to three years. They can't hire a football coach without UF ties now.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
And yet... if you REALLY listen, their code becomes decipherable. Chimp always said something like "we did what wanted to put ourselves in a position to win, it just didn't happen" which meant we played conservatively for time of possession (although he eventually overtly said TOP) and hoped they'd get tired at the end. Butters says something like "QB playing within themselves" and "taking what the defense gives us" which essentially means tossing an outlet pass unless a safety trips or something. He also PRAISED the job LDR did, saying we had it going there before he got hurt. THAT IS the Butters offense, LDR and WG the year before. Yeah there may be an occasional Mizzu (WG game) or UK (LDR game) game in which we score three or four times, but most games will be like the others, just win 16-10, unless a safety trips.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.