It's Meltdown Time Week 5

Gatordiddy

Member in good standing
Lifetime Member
Jul 23, 2014
hahaha....
Pac-12 :hahaha:

╔══════════════ ೋღ☃ღೋ ══════════════╗ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
~ Like this if ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ you are a strong independent conference ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ who don’t need no Playoff team ~ ~ ~ ~ ╚══════════════ ೋღ☃ღೋ ══════════════╝

lizardbreath

Nov 5, 2016
Good thoughts and a good vibe. This is the moment we find out who we are and what we can reasonably hope to achieve this year. I'm not uber confident because I've been conditioned not to be by the realities of our roster limitations - and by almost a decade of doing damn near nothing as a program. But I've seen UF cut favored Auburn down on several occasions - starting with Steve's dagger in the heart field goal in 1966. I remember knocking them off in 1974 when Howard Cosell dismissed a good Gator team as a 'tune-up" for the tiggers. I remember when Bo Jackson took himself out of the game with a deep bruise because he couldn't deal with the hitting by the UF defense. I still chuckle at the memory of how Aubie crapped the bed at the SEC CG, even though we were favored. The Kerwin Bell comeback remains one of the greatest in Gator history, what a thrill that was!

There have been others, like the first Gator win at "Cliff Hare" stadium - a game I still remember with great pride and enjoyment. The point is that our team has a glorious history to draw on, and IMO the talent and coaching to win this game. We have all seen the areas in need of hard work and rapid improvement. Specifically; there is still much to prove in all aspects of the run game. Defense is good but must get better as injured starters return. QB play is strong but Trask must improve immediately at pocket awareness. Our gifted young star at WR must hang on to the ball and our intensity level must be at maniac level from start to finish - and that includes the crowd.

UF 31 - AUB 21

Last edited:

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
LOL

"Imagine it: End of a game, down by 7 with less than 3 minutes to go. Its 4th down, and your team needs a miracle. This is your moment as qb. The time to be the hero.
Ball is snapped. Here comes the pressure. You see no one open right away. The blitzers are getting closer. Still nothing opens up. A defender dives at your feet.
Oh, the agony. If only you had a chance.
But wait! You were just far enough out of his reach to not go down. He’s got you by the ankles, but this is your chance. Your time to be that hero. The savior of your team. This is that one shining moment in history.
You look left, no one open, look right no one open. Another blitzer is coming. Look left and right again, but nothing. Death is bearing down upon you. You give one last desperate glance, and that’s when you see him out of the corner of your eye. The running back, standing 2 yards to your right.
There’s the chance! Not some lob down the field in a receivers general direction, but a toss to your running back who’s 15 yards behind the line of scrimmage with another defender bearing down on him. He’s got this.
You make your move, and go to toss the ball, but it slips from your grasp. Luckily you keep hold and try again, though by this time you had already wasted so much time that the other defender had reached you. As you go smashing to the ground in a twister of flesh and football pads, you release the pass to your runningback. It flops a yard short of him. The game is over."

Classic, that's some good stuff right there.....

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
I remember when Bo Jackson took himself out of the game
That was bigboy football. Our def. was ferocious. Remember when Pell had us at Aub. and it appeared Neal Anderson (i think) had scored and the refs called him for a fumble. Pell almost lost his mind. I think it was a correct call. Aub vs Fla. has a great history. The first QB to lead us to victory at Jordan Hare. Gaffney.

klgator

Jul 29, 2014
That was bigboy football. Our def. was ferocious. Remember when Pell had us at Aub. and it appeared Neal Anderson (i think) had scored and the refs called him for a fumble. Pell almost lost his mind. I think it was a correct call. Aub vs Fla. has a great history. The first QB to lead us to victory at Jordan Hare. Gaffney.
Wasn't that the game we first unveiled the wishbone?

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
I thought Dickey tried that first.............Or are you referring to Don Gaffney and that team?

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.