It's time to move on

Born2beagator

Lifetime Member
Aug 30, 2014
I think by this time next season any of the remaining Napier supporters are going to feel like morons when we look back and realize he’s the worst coach we’ve had at UF. Ever.
Sharkhumper. I don't think Napier is a POS human being. Sharkhumper was.

G8trwood

Lifetime Member
Nov 29, 2015
At least we didn’t overpay, again.

Billy sounds like he is taking Urbs special vitamins

Tunaboat

4th & 34
Lifetime Member
Nov 22, 2015
Can't wait to see Slingblade's patented romance with a bottle of water before kissing Norvellllll's ass. Fuk him, he's gone.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
This is wild, Napier’s shortcomings have made it across the pond into Europe and they’re ready to see him canned. Didn’t see this coming.

Durty South Swamp

Founding Member
doodley doodley doo!
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
I think by this time next season any of the remaining Napier supporters are going to feel like morons when we look back and realize he’s the worst coach we’ve had at UF. Ever.
Agree. I think he's the worst in gator history. Horrid.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I posted it in the chat, but we need to fire Stricklin ASAP. He shouldn't be AD on Monday. The new AD should then get to decide Billy's fate and find his replacement when it is time to part ways. If we let Stricklin hire another HC, we're going to get another clown.

I don't think Billy is the answer, but I don't think now is the time to fire him. We need the talent he's bringing in for the next guy. So if I was the new AD, he stays for next season unless one of the following happens:

1. He refuses to bring in a new OC and hand off play calling duties. The OC needs to be a splash hire and someone the new AD likes as well.
2. He loses the recruiting class. This is defined as losing either Lagway or 5+ other players with 4* or more.
3. He needs to get enough guys out of the portal to effect a complete turnaround next year. No more mulligans, no more weak units.

Next year, he needs to stay above .500 at all times and end the season 8-4 or better. If either of those doesn't happen, he's fired. I think the odds are low, so now is the time to have some back room conversations with boosters and get funding lined up for his buyout and the new hire. Pull some money from the "make the swamp smaller and worse fund", too.

If he manages to survive next year, the benchmark the year after is 10 wins and a playoff berth. It stays there after that; that's the standard we hired him for. There's no reason we should ever settle for less than that consistently with the resources and location we have.

I have no illusions any of the above will happen. The likely outcome is he's fired after Georgia next year with a losing record and Stricklin, still AD, picks another crappy unproven coach and pays like we're poaching from a blue chip.
I just don’t agree with any of this. He should be fired tonight. The experiment is over.

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
I posted it in the chat, but we need to fire Stricklin ASAP. He shouldn't be AD on Monday. The new AD should then get to decide Billy's fate and find his replacement when it is time to part ways. If we let Stricklin hire another HC, we're going to get another clown.

I don't think Billy is the answer, but I don't think now is the time to fire him. We need the talent he's bringing in for the next guy. So if I was the new AD, he stays for next season unless one of the following happens:

1. He refuses to bring in a new OC and hand off play calling duties. The OC needs to be a splash hire and someone the new AD likes as well.
2. He loses the recruiting class. This is defined as losing either Lagway or 5+ other players with 4* or more.
3. He needs to get enough guys out of the portal to effect a complete turnaround next year. No more mulligans, no more weak units.

Next year, he needs to stay above .500 at all times and end the season 8-4 or better. If either of those doesn't happen, he's fired. I think the odds are low, so now is the time to have some back room conversations with boosters and get funding lined up for his buyout and the new hire. Pull some money from the "make the swamp smaller and worse fund", too.

If he manages to survive next year, the benchmark the year after is 10 wins and a playoff berth. It stays there after that; that's the standard we hired him for. There's no reason we should ever settle for less than that consistently with the resources and location we have.

I have no illusions any of the above will happen. The likely outcome is he's fired after Georgia next year with a losing record and Stricklin, still AD, picks another crappy unproven coach and pays like we're poaching from a blue chip.
I hope the recruits still sick to UF

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
At this point I'd let him hire another one if it means the Napier era is over.
If I could only fire one right now, I'd choose Strickland. He's botched his last two hires. I'd rather he not set Gator football back another 4 years on top of the 6-7 years he's already screwed up.

Tunaboat

4th & 34
Lifetime Member
Nov 22, 2015
Finebaum was right. Napier is a dead weight around Florida's neck so cut it loose and move on with competent people doing the hiring. This is unacceptable and will not change until we get rid of Slingblade.

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
He won't be here this time next year

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Napier is a fraud. A snake oil salesman. I'd make fight us in court for the buyout

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
Don't be surprised if we lose Etn and Wilson to the portal.

Please no. I want them to be Gators til they hit the league. Gotta have something to root for, and rn the only thing to root for are former Gators in the league

Gatorbait25

Founding Member
H.E. Pennypacker, wealthy American industrialist
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
He flipped a significant amount of the roster bc that's what he wanted to do. He claimed we needed to upgrade talent and brought in a bunch of guys he claimed were upgrades. We are worse and more embarrassing in year 2 with his guys than yr 1 with Mullen players.

His playcalling is complete ass.

His defense lacks fundamentals, is extremely undisciplined, and can't tackle for crap.

The STs are consistently bad and routinely horrific.

His crootin so far has been below Mullen and this current class he has projected to be better is crumbling with a decent chance of more decoms after this latest abortion of a game plan.

He has a losing record. Not a losing conf record or even a losing season record, although yes he has all those too for the 2nd year in a row, but no, he has an overall losing record and we get worse the deeper into each season we go.

Let's give him another year and see what happens.
To put it more simply and less eloquently than my dear friend dirty ….Billy just can’t coach . OL is a mess, special teams is among the worst in the country,
And the play calling is what I would
Expect from my 7 year old son….**** Billy Bob . I hope the good for nothing bastard rots in hell

Bushmaster

Lifetime Member
Jul 27, 2018
Players are usually smart enough to spit on someone in the pileup, Evidently our guy wanted to do it in plain view of the officials. And in no way do I condone spitting on someone under any circumstance.

Stop being a pussy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.