It's time to officially fire up the head coaching search. Who you got?

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Coming from the moron who can’t think of anything better than di*k jokes. And I don’t care who the better fan is - I just know you look like a moron when you run around with your hair on fire about the guy who does less with more.

(as he takes Dan's d*ck out of his mouth): "I like losing to UGA....and you're a moron!!!" - SeaBeeGator, Nov 2, 2019

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
Any chance we can lure Norvell away from Memphis? How is his recruiting acumen?

Last time we did a coaching search, there were rumors of him being a gambler or tied to gamblers which is why (allegedly) he wasn’t seriously considered. If those rumors are true, he’ll never get a crack at the UF job.

GBHOR

Its Not Awful
Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2014
This could have been a statement game that jump-started something special in recruiting, which is the bottom line. Hire some damn recruiters Mullen for the love of God. Recruit or die, it's that simple.
This is not acceptable on any level.
Philosophize all you want but there is no excuse for losing.
This was a game that we desperately needed to win.
I'm not really sure where the program goes from here.
I guess we can hope to win out and bring in a top-five class.
Mullen looks pretty good compared to chimp and butters; well that doesn't take much.
It's crazy how far we've fallen from the SOS days.

GatorJB

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I've just seen too many flops coming from those mid majors and I've seen Mullen is pretty solid. I'm just not sure I'd trade Mullen for an unknown right now. Not to mention norvell has had 2 8 win seasons in his tenure. I still like him but I'm probably not as high on him as I was.

He'd be a high risk, high reward coach. I think offensively he would thrive, but not sure if the great offense would also produce championships. I know Memphis is thrilled to have him right now.

Gatorraid81

Lifetime Member
Dec 4, 2016
Last time we did a coaching search, there were rumors of him being a gambler or tied to gamblers which is why (allegedly) he wasn’t seriously considered. If those rumors are true, he’ll never get a crack at the UF job.

Must have been something concrete, because why didn't Tennessee offer him? They tried like 10 guys before one took the job, he's in their own state and didn't get a call.

MissouriGator

Aug 30, 2014
So BMF needs to back off the booze?
Lol.
If it's not clear by now that we are on a serious downside then I don't know when we will ever be.
We are clearly second in the east and are being out recruited.
There are no excuses and the time to win is NOW.
Mullen better find a way to win recruits or we will be playing second fiddle for the SEC east for a few years. And I'm being generous.

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
So BMF needs to back off the booze?
Lol.
If it's not clear by now that we are on a serious downside then I don't know when we will ever be.
We are clearly second in the east and are being out recruited.
There are no excuses and the time to win is NOW.
Mullen better find a way to win recruits or we will be playing second fiddle for the SEC east for a few years. And I'm being generous.
Downside to what? 4 wins? Seems we’re recovering from that. And why is the time now? Did the roster suddenly get more talented than this summer when everyone agreed we had a long way to go with elite talent before we could compete with the big boys? Like I’ve consistently stated - Mullen will not succeed if his staff management and recruiting doesn’t improve. Tonight does not change that. Nor did it make Kirby Smart some sort of coaching genius.

Pablos Tunnel

Lifetime Member
Sep 23, 2017
I think we keep Dan until we have a sure fire winner to replace him with. A Spurrier or Meyer type hire of a proven winner. Until then, we’ve got done much needed stability after 2 bad hires in a row.
Who? Right now who would you be able to get? Absent Meyer or Saban there isn’t anyone better. Our players are not elite. Our depth is thin. It is still a step up from Butters. Today looked like nobody wanted to be there.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member

He's gonna win 9 or 10 games again. Dan's not going anywhere. This is who we hired. He's a good coach. Not elite. So don't expect elite results. Is that ok? Each fan has to decide themselves. But we didn't hire a Saban, Dabo or Meyer so do not expect anything close to results like those guys. That's just cold hard truths.

SeabeeGator

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2018
He's gonna win 9 or 10 games again. Dan's not going anywhere. This is who we hired. He's a good coach. Not elite. So don't expect elite results. Is that ok? Each fan has to decide themselves. But we didn't hire a Saban, Dabo or Meyer so do not expect anything close to results like those guys. That's just cold hard truths.
Probably right. He’d have to deviate from his tendencies to take the next step - cut some assistants and chase some recruiters. Might even have to look at playcalling duties or bringing in someone outside his circle to add some wrinkles to the offense. This offseason will be telling. If he stays the course and results (recruiting) don’t change, probably says a lot - and not necessarily good.

JCTow

Nov 16, 2017
He made another rare mistake where he took a 20 yard sack earlier in the game. I’m sure there were other “rare” mistakes by him through the game.
I’ll probably hang out. I do like it here. I too am lit up from 7 pours of bourbon. I’ve been reading the literature here for several months. My pants are triple A rated big boy britches. But you especially, and several others here, are wildly unrealistic in how we get Gator Football back to elite. Exercise a little patience. Realize out HBC is legit. And enjoy the fact that we're playing in games that matter.
patience??? You talking about patience? Not on this board friend. You’ll see

Minister of Information

Highly Cosmopolitan
Aug 17, 2018
Sadly, I think we're stuck with Danny Boy for the foreseeable future. He'll win enough to keep the pitchforks at bay and allow the UAA to focus all their time and attention on the baseball's, softball's and basketball's of the program. The fact that we're still not close to breaking ground on the all in one just reinforces that we just aren't committed to winning anymore. It is what it is.

**** me.

E3D698E8-2BC0-4109-AEBE-CB391D39AED2.gif

Minister of Information

Highly Cosmopolitan
Aug 17, 2018
Without facilities built yesterday and a strong commitment to bringing in top notch recruiters across the entire staff, friendships be damned, it’s hard to see how this doesn’t gradually spiral out of control. Here’s hoping I’m wrong.

Maybe Mullen can transfer in, develop, and smoke and mirrors his way into having a credible OL somehow. That would give us a fighting chance but it isn’t an instant solution. DL we’ll just have to leave for another day, but we’ve got to do whatever it takes to get athletes back in the secondary. That’s fatal.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
it’s hard to see how this doesn’t gradually spiral out of control. Here’s hoping I’m wrong.
You've spent several weeks calling anyone who shared a sentiment like the one you just stated above as "sh!tbird" fans. Does this mean you are a sh!tbird fan too?

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.