Jacob ‘Butters’ Copeland Moving On

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
Someone will get Copeland cheap, and you will see his name on Sundays... Just like all the other WRs we squandered over the last decade. We've become a thrift store, and all the NFL teams have $20 in their pocket.

Marine1

Semper Fidelis
Dec 20, 2015
I like Copeland and wish him well. He reminds me a lot of Deonte Thompson. He’ll drop a pass occasionally but Deonte hung around the league for about 10 years and got paid. I root for Gators…..good luck Cope!

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
I like Copeland and wish him well. He reminds me a lot of Deonte Thompson. He’ll drop a pass occasionally but Deonte hung around the league for about 10 years and got paid. I root for Gators…..good luck Cope!
Thompson had ten times the UF career that Copeland has had.

Spurdog98

Preston Brooks
Lifetime Member
Jan 3, 2018
As I said elsewhere, the NFL certainly want blocking WRs. They expect blocking WRs. But blocking won't get you drafted. Catching the ball and running after the catch are what gets you drafted and help you make the team in the NFL, but you must block too.
He knows that, he's just trying to start some shyt!

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
He also hung around bc he was an ST star. Not sure our current players have that skillset that Meyer instilled.

Same with Terry Jackson. ST star and jack of all trades, TB, FB, LB, think he even played TE a tad.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014

Everything I’ve seen indicates he likely didn’t come from the stablest of backgrounds. He never got arrested, should have a degree, and played well at times. Had some drops but I think it’s become way too much of a reputation. He had some nice catches also. The right staff may have been able to maximize him and improve his attitude. Unfortunately he had 4 years of enabling. Wish him the best.

DoubleGator87and90

Lifetime Member
Nov 8, 2017
He reminds me more of Demarcus Robinson. Highly rated recruit with impressive physical tools who had an unimpressive Gator career. DeMarcus has had a nice NFL career with the KC Chiefs. Hopefully, Copeland will have a nice NFL career too.

Marine1

Semper Fidelis
Dec 20, 2015

No where near 10 times but better yes. Remember I’m the guy who defended Deonte for years. He was frequently disparaged on this board. He was a local kid playing for Glades Central. Proud to see him stay in the league for years.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Can this be that deal where Copeland can merely test the waters, then change his mind and return to UF.? These 2022 Gators will need all the veteran help that they can retain. AR will need Copeland & Copeland will need AR to boost his NFL stock.?? With new schemes of offense how can Copeland hurt us.?

Homer J

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Also, it's transfer portal season so he can be replaced.

Spectator

Jan 15, 2021
WR Jacob Copeland at Maryland had 422 yds, 3 TDs. What a season! He skipped his final year to declare for the draft, and yesterday was cut by the Vikings.

Silverback Gator

Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
WR Jacob Copeland at Maryland had 422 yds, 3 TDs. What a season! He skipped his final year to declare for the draft, and yesterday was cut by the Vikings.
Not happy, not gloating. He made some mistakes. He probably wouldn't have been NFL material regardless. Good luck to him.

Oklahoma Gator

Lifetime Member
Nov 18, 2015
I’m actually gloating. The kid was a diva from day one here, and then, when he had the opportunity step up and be a leader here, he bailed for opportunity to go against the “juggernaut Big10 defenses.” Only to find himself less productive and in a worse situation than when he left so of course NFL here we come! The kid has been delusional since jump street but now his football talent will be unrealized. He’s a cautionary tale that should be attached to every NIL contract that Florida victorious hands out.

I Have No Friends :(

Founding Member
Gator Bait! It's only racist to dumb Fuchs
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
I’m actually gloating. The kid was a diva from day one here, and then, when he had the opportunity step up and be a leader here, he bailed for opportunity to go against the “juggernaut Big10 defenses.” Only to find himself less productive and in a worse situation than when he left so of course NFL here we come! The kid has been delusional since jump street but now his football talent will be unrealized. He’s a cautionary tale that should be attached to every NIL contract that Florida victorious hands out.
who-hurt-you-benedict-cumberbatch.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.