Jaden Rashada joins powerhouse Arizona State; named starting QB as true freshman

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Is there a short synopsis of where we are right now with this thing? I can't pick the fly schyt out of 24 pages worth of pepper.
Watch the Josh Pate video

FlyingGator

Lifetime Member
Aug 2, 2017
Heard an interesting theory about the 13 million number. What if it was loaded with heavy, almost impossible to meet incentives? Things like staying for 4 years, winning multiple Natty’s and Heisman’s, etc. I could see that making sense, but no way he gets 13 million for just signing.

GatorInKnox

Founding Member
The Sicilian
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Heard an interesting theory about the 13 million number. What if it was loaded with heavy, almost impossible to meet incentives? Things like staying for 4 years, winning multiple Natty’s and Heisman’s, etc. I could see that making sense, but no way he gets 13 million for just signing.
I can almost assure you that’s how it’s structured. There is obviously a guaranteed amount that must be paid for these deals but all of these multi-million dollar deals are all going to be performance based.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
That's about the only thing that would make any sense.

MADGator

This space intentionally left blank
Jan 28, 2015
I know a guy whose best friend’s sister’s boyfriend’s brother’s girlfriend heard from this guy who knows this guy who’s going with the girl who overheard this guy say... actually, it's a co-worker, he has a lot of connections in the program. When he told me about this situation, he described the problem as a typo in the contract that no-one caught, and it exponentially increased what Rashada was going to earn. How the Fuchs does that happen? His most telling statement to me though was that we like to joke about the Clown College being in Tallahassee but the real clowns are anyone having anything to do with NIL at UF. Total clown show.

My thoughts are that here we are, going into at least year three of NIL, and UF just hired a Director of NIL Strategy. Year three! For some reason I allowed myself to get pissed off enough to take the time and look at every person listed on the UF athletic staff directory, and what I found was that out of over 350 employees listed, UF employs FIVE pilots, and there is one person on the list that even has "NIL" in their job title, and even then it's secondary: Director of Player Engagement and NIL. Sounds about right for what we've been dealing with in that department.

G8trwood

Lifetime Member
Nov 29, 2015
I guess PR clowns aren’t the ones to go over contract details.

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
25 pages and we haven't even heard one fact about what is really going on! Pushing for 2 million post!

Let's Go Gators!

jdh5484

Founding Member
Just Beat UGa
Lifetime Member
Jun 30, 2014
Founding Member
It wasn't 13 million. It was 1.3 million.

And they weren't dollars, they were pesos.

Due if he won MVP of the NC game.

In an odd year.

Silverback Gator

Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
Maybe our new WR will provide more/better targets for a new QB.

Now if we could also find a pass defense…any pass defense…
Not sure WRs were the problem. I cannot watch film and make that determination. Maybe you and others have? It's easy to say we had low WR talent but was that true? SOS's system seemed to thrive with 3 star types because, I thought, the routes just opened up the field. So there's the question(s), does our system need help or were our WRs just inept? I find it hard to believe we couldn't field three real WRs. OTOH, Pearsall came in and was a beast year one.

Re pass defense, does it seem accurate that when our DC positioned our DBs in zone, they could not function but when they were allowed to play man(second half of season) we looked better? Well, bowl game aside anyway... By the way, I didn't watch the bowl game. Were we playing zone again?

Silverback Gator

Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
I just watch this. He’s bashing the hell out of our program. That’s good. We need somebody on the national stage to do that. It’s the only way it’ll get fixed.
How much was opinion where he was reading into the situation? It's true, that we look dysfunctional. But does he really know anything the rest of us don't suspect already? It's really bad publicity and until it's corrected, it's another bump our staff has to overcome while other staffs are probably making sure whomever they are recruiting against us see it. If at this moment you were recruiting against UF in the portal, would you not show them this and whatever else was available to cast doubt? I would. Negative recruiting? Who cares.

Silverback Gator

Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
If by "odd pass offense," you mean "qb who struggles to find the wide open wr 50% of the time," then yeah, odd.
The Kentucky game comes to mind. He was horrid, sadly. Of course we all hope that the system is better than what appeared with AR running it. Is it? I don't know.

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
This is such a bad look for the program. Just wait for Miami and Ruiz to push the Florida is broke narrative.

While I hate to see this type of mess (again), it’s not as bad as crystalballz sending his qb onto the field for another offensive series again… on a stretcher.

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
The Kentucky game comes to mind. He was horrid, sadly. Of course we all hope that the system is better than what appeared with AR running it. Is it? I don't know.

It has been discussed all season on here how often AR missed a WR running alone, could’ve walked in for the TD, and instead AR throws an INT or we punt. Even when AR found the open guy, he was very often low or behind the WR - “wildly inaccurate” is as polite as I can say it.

I’m not suggesting our offense is turbo charged, but an accurate “game manager” who is no threat to run would move the chains WAY better… while letting Johnson and ETN handle the ground game just fine.

Silverback Gator

Lifetime Member
Aug 1, 2018
It has been discussed all season on here how often AR missed a WR running alone, could’ve walked in for the TD, and instead AR throws an INT or we punt. Even when AR found the open guy, he was very often low or behind the WR - “wildly inaccurate” is as polite as I can say it.

I’m not suggesting our offense is turbo charged, but an accurate “game manager” who is no threat to run would move the chains WAY better… while letting Johnson and ETN handle the ground game just fine.
The slant called late fourth quarter vs LSU still blows me away. Terrible play call and a throw staff should know he would not likely make. Lets hope we have a QB that can see the field and make the throws next season. I guess once we have a capable QB, we will know what we have as a system?

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.