Jags making moves!

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
Did Calais sign yet? I just got an alert the Denver is still much in the mix and pushing hard.

Just signed for $60m, $30m of it guaranteed. Jags have a lot of money to spend, looks like they're being aggressive in doing so

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
Just signed for $60m, $30m of it guaranteed. Jags have a lot of money to spend, looks like they're being aggressive in doing so

I think the front office knows that fans like me have had enough. They are trying to win now. The problem is we have the worst coach in the division. Maybe talent can overcome.

gatordad3

You're stewed, buttwad!
Lifetime Member
Jan 31, 2016
Signing Calais Campbell and Barry Church! Two positions of need being filled, love it.

Now let's snag Watson with pick 4 and let him compete with Bortles. I am smelling playoffs boys!!
The Jags stole Brendan Albert from my Dolphins, so that's a good start with building an O-line the Jags so badly need.
There is a reason Khan brought Tom Coughlin back to the organization to build the type of team he created in the 90s.
If I were a Jags fan, I'd be concerned with getting a solid O-line this season. Luke Joeckel(sp?) sucks.

Update: Looks as if Joeckel will now be Seattle's problem as Caldwell declined to pick up his option for a 5th year.

Last edited:

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
The Jags stole Brendan Albert from my Dolphins, so that's a good start with building an O-line the Jags so badly need.
There is a reason Khan brought Tom Coughlin back to the organization to build the type of team he created in the 90s.
If I were a Jags fan, I'd be concerned with getting a solid O-line this season. Luke Joeckel(sp?) sucks.

Update: Looks as if Joeckel will now be Seattle's problem as Caldwell declined to pick up his option for a 5th year.

Losing Joeckel is addition by subtraction lol. OL is a major need in the draft, really hope they go all in.

gatordad3

You're stewed, buttwad!
Lifetime Member
Jan 31, 2016
Losing Joeckel is addition by subtraction lol. OL is a major need in the draft, really hope they go all in.
I'm sure OL is a priority for Coughlin this off season. In his press conference, he said something like "I'm not here to please anybody, my job here is to win football games." Coughlin is exactly what the Jags need. I'm just waiting for the Jags to bring back excitement back here in Jax.

gatordad3

You're stewed, buttwad!
Lifetime Member
Jan 31, 2016
Honestly, it's annoying to hear clueless fans in Jax whining about Bortles. I'm willing to give Bortles a shot behind a decent O-LINE.
What sucks is the Jags booted Julius Thomas to my Dolphins.:shake:

oxking

Founding Member
Pops
Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2014
Founding Member
Signing Calais Campbell and Barry Church! Two positions of need being filled, love it.

Now let's snag Watson with pick 4 and let him compete with Bortles. I am smelling playoffs boys!!
No way to win with a name like Bortles. I would go with Watson but the Jags haven't done anything smart yet. Why get your hopes up.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I'm not sold on anything they're doing. You build a team through the draft. You don't bring in 30-year-old DEs to save your defense. For sure you can use free agency to plug holes but if you're gonna bring on older guys it's more for veteran leadership or a non-skill position like OL.

OllieGator

Founding Member
Member....huh, huh, huh
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I'm rooting for my jags to turn it around, but my confidence in them is about as high as my faith in Mac. I still can't believe they hired Doug Moron as head coach. :(

Jags lost me with this hire. It was time to make a smart move and they just kick out one idiot and keep all of his underlings.

Concerning FA, it's so hard to get excited because 80% take a huge payday and then sit on their fat asses and don't perform or stay injured the entire time. Hopefully I'll be totally wrong.

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
I'm not sold on anything they're doing. You build a team through the draft. You don't bring in 30-year-old DEs to save your defense. For sure you can use free agency to plug holes but if you're gonna bring on older guys it's more for veteran leadership or a non-skill position like OL.

Did I miss something? Did we lose picks?

We still have all our draft picks. We signed vets at positions we are in dire need of, and have PLENTY of cap space. I just don't get this thinking to be honest.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Jags lost me with this hire. It was time to make a smart move and they just kick out one idiot and keep all of his underlings.

Concerning FA, it's so hard to get excited because 80% take a huge payday and then sit on their fat asses and don't perform or stay injured the entire time. Hopefully I'll be totally wrong.
I hope you are wrong as well.

NVGator

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

We still have all our draft picks. We signed vets at positions we are in dire need of, and have PLENTY of cap space. I just don't get this thinking to be honest.
I'll admit, I can't keep up with what's going on w/ the Jags but I get alerts regularly about who they signed, released or who signed a former Jag. Seems like I've received a lot of alert about who we've released, traded or what other team signed a former Jag.

Beachum signs w/ Jets, Amukamara signs w/ Bears, Joeckel signs w/ Hawks, Release Marks, Cyprien signs w/ Titans...
We sign McCray, Bouye, Campbell

Are we doing good or just rebuilding?

GatorTAG

Paid Member
Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2014

I'll admit, I can't keep up with what's going on w/ the Jags but I get alerts regularly about who they signed, released or who signed a former Jag. Seems like I've received a lot of alert about who we've released, traded or what other team signed a former Jag.

Beachum signs w/ Jets, Amukamara signs w/ Bears, Joeckel signs w/ Hawks, Release Marks, Cyprien signs w/ Titans...
We sign McCray, Bouye, Campbell

Are we doing good or just rebuilding?

We traded away 2 more of Caldwell's sorry draft picks. He hasn't built anything through the draft. He's been as bad a small school Gene Smith. I would suspect that's the reason Coughlin was brought in. To teach Caldwell how to evaluate talent.

Of course there's no one more talented than Lerentee Mcray. :chomp:

MertzJay26

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 18, 2014
Founding Member
We traded away 2 more of Caldwell's sorry draft picks. He hasn't built anything through the draft. He's been as bad a small school Gene Smith. I would suspect that's the reason Coughlin was brought in. To teach Caldwell how to evaluate talent.

Of course there's no one more talented than Lerentee Mcray. :chomp:

Yea his drafts have left a lot to be desired. It's not for a lack of picks or because we sign free agents, just horrible picks lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator