Jaguars officially name Fred Taylor #2 Jag, all-time, and Fred ain't having it

jaywalker72

Founding Member
Current Status: Dumper
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Seemed like a fun enough exercise: The Jaguars were going to to their top 25 all time Jags and then they were going to head out for drinks after a job well done.

Today was time for the #2 all time Jag, and they tweeted it out proudly.

You know who wasn't proud? Fred Freaking Taylor, who took offense to this perceived slight and let them know about in the most effective way possible -- through Twitter!

upload_2019-7-31_17-13-0.png

There has been a lot of people who echoed the same (myself included) and others who think Fred's making a fool of himself by objecting.

Still, when you give 11 years to a franchise, achieve great individual accomplishments with the team and toil in relative anonymity without complaint, maybe you feel you should get the call or at least not be blindsided publicly with it.

Tony Boselli fans, however, are probably most pleased.

deuce

Founding Member
"Cry 'Havoc!', and let slip the dogs of war."
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Fred be spoken.......

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
I’m not getting what he is so upset about. You are in 2nd place behind one of the best left tackles in nfl history.

AlexDaGator

Founding Member
The Hammer of Thor
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
It's about career length.

Boselli was more dominant but for a far shorter period of time.

Alex.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Fred, better to lay in the weeds than pound your chest. The respect is there. Chill, man.

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
Most folks around the country have no idea who the hell Fred Taylor is. Maybe that’s why he thinks this town owes him a statue?

OllieGator

Founding Member
Member....huh, huh, huh
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Come on Fred, you're better than that.

Zambo

Founding Member
Poo Flinger
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Where is Steve McNair on the list?

InstiGATOR1

Lifetime Member
Mar 27, 2016
True enough, but he could have played in other places but chose to stay in Jax -- just trying to see his perspective

I agree and if they had omitted him or something, I would agree with his complaint even if I might still think he should have others make the complaint for him. They have named him the second best player in franchise history and he should be honored by that.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
I think Fred has been upset for many years, for the unfair label of "Fragile Fred" to the lack of Pro Bowls to not even getting a sniff for the Hall of Fame, which he deserves. He had over 10,000 rushing yards and his YPC is among the greatest of all time. He's obviously quite bitter, and some of it is certainly understandable.

He's among the most breathtakingly talented RB's I have ever seen. A guy with his size to have the quick feet he did and the breakaway speed was amazing. It's easy to forget, but watch some YouTube highlight videos and you'll be blown away. The most hideous part was that the Jaguars were hellbent on getting Curtis Enis in that draft, and had to "settle" for Taylor when the Bears threw their pick away on that fat bust.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator