Recruiting Jake Allen impressing at Elite 11

Delg8tor

Founding Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I have several. Mostly from Law when he was posting like a jerk and I was disliking his posts. So he re-paid me in kind.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Allen does have a longer throwing motion, but it's not major. Much, much more compact than what Tebow had here.

oxking

Founding Member
Pops
Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2014
Founding Member
Lets see. I would red shirt Franks and the old man from the Big 10, or is that the Big 12, you know Meyer's league? I can't remember his name. I would Give the former High School second stringer Trask as many reps as possible.

crosscreekcooter

Founding Member
Cunning Linguist; RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Lets see. I would red shirt Franks and the old man from the Big 10, or is that the Big 12, you know Meyer's league? I can't remember his name. I would Give the former High School second stringer Trask as many reps as possible.

I don think old man can redskirt as he be already gradulated. If he don shoot dis shot he shat in da sheet.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I like Appleby as the backup, but I hope for some blowouts where Trask can get his feet wet. He is so far ahead of Franks at this point, it's no longer feasible to compare.

BMF

Bad Mother....
Lifetime Member
Sep 8, 2014
Trent Dilfer was impressed w/ Allan:

https://www.seccountry.com/florida/...dilfer-george-whitfield-jr-at-elite-11-finals

Florida commit Jake Allen, the No. 9 pro-style quarterback in the nation, impressed Trent Dilfer and George Whitfield, Jr. with his football intelligence and work ethic at the Elite 11 Finals in Redondo Beach, California over the weekend.

Dilfer, a former NFL quarterback who works with the event every year, praised Allen’s love of the game, calling him “a football junkie.”

“He loves him some football,” Dilfer said, via 247Sports’ Luke Stampini. “He eats, sleeps, drinks it.”

What made a bigger impression on Dilfer, however, was the 6-foot-3, 200-pound Allen’s ability to grasp the 53-page playbook, which all 24 participants at the event were required to learn. Allen did not finish as one of the top 12 quarterbacks at the event, but impressed nonetheless.

RELATED: 3 SEC QB commits named to Elite 11

“He took command, he understood his playbook, which I value a lot,” Dilfer said. “I value the mental side way more than anyone else, and I actually think it’s more important than the physical side at this stage of their careers. So, I was really impressed with how he took advantage of that preparation and how well he did there.”

George Whitfield Jr., who also helped coach players at the Elite 11 Finals, has a great deal of experience helping quarterbacks prepare for the NFL combine, and Allen stood out to him as well.

“I liked Jake Allen, he was battling,” Whitfield said. “Now every time he looked like he was turning around, there was some great white shark right next to him, but certainly no flinch. He was game for everything. He showed a lot of what I like, downfield accuracy, and he showed a lot of discretion because you didn’t see him force anything. I really liked what he was doing.”

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
So, then, why didn't he finish as one of the top 12 qbs?

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
Seems like sky is the limit for Allen. I'm glad he's going to be a Gator.

I Have No Friends :(

Founding Member
Gator Bait! It's only racist to dumb Fuchs
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member

He doesn't have the big arm, simple as that. Has the accuracy and brains, however, which is more than enough for college football.

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member

I don't trust any of Dilfer's "ratings". He's One of the top QBs in the nation regardless of what numbnuts says. He's basically covering his bases. Choosing a QB that may look to have more physical talent but if they say he didn't recognize Allen, he can say I recognized him mentally.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
Trent Dilfer was impressed w/ Allan:

https://www.seccountry.com/florida/...dilfer-george-whitfield-jr-at-elite-11-finals

Florida commit Jake Allen, the No. 9 pro-style quarterback in the nation, impressed Trent Dilfer and George Whitfield, Jr. with his football intelligence and work ethic at the Elite 11 Finals in Redondo Beach, California over the weekend.

Dilfer, a former NFL quarterback who works with the event every year, praised Allen’s love of the game, calling him “a football junkie.”

“He loves him some football,” Dilfer said, via 247Sports’ Luke Stampini. “He eats, sleeps, drinks it.”

What made a bigger impression on Dilfer, however, was the 6-foot-3, 200-pound Allen’s ability to grasp the 53-page playbook, which all 24 participants at the event were required to learn. Allen did not finish as one of the top 12 quarterbacks at the event, but impressed nonetheless.

RELATED: 3 SEC QB commits named to Elite 11

“He took command, he understood his playbook, which I value a lot,” Dilfer said. “I value the mental side way more than anyone else, and I actually think it’s more important than the physical side at this stage of their careers. So, I was really impressed with how he took advantage of that preparation and how well he did there.”

George Whitfield Jr., who also helped coach players at the Elite 11 Finals, has a great deal of experience helping quarterbacks prepare for the NFL combine, and Allen stood out to him as well.

“I liked Jake Allen, he was battling,” Whitfield said. “Now every time he looked like he was turning around, there was some great white shark right next to him, but certainly no flinch. He was game for everything. He showed a lot of what I like, downfield accuracy, and he showed a lot of discretion because you didn’t see him force anything. I really liked what he was doing.”

We already have TWO finalists on the roster in Appleby and LDR. Driskel was also a finalist. Grier was too.

Jbossgator8

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Will he actually stay with us though?? Trask may have a say in that.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Allen’s ability to grasp the 53-page playbook, which all 24 participants at the event were required to learn.
This more than anything else.....I don't give a rats ass about this competition. FTR, I thought Allen plays on a super talented team and that helps him look better than he might be at this time. Given the fact that we shouldn't need him until maybe 2018 I'm not concerned one bit. He could end up being 6'4", 230# by that time AND have UF's entire playbook wired by then. Give me that kinda guy all damned day long instead of some celebrated freshmen or even redshirt freshmen who can't read a playbook or hasn't had the time to learn how to read college defenses.....That guy usually just gets his confidence shattered.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.