Jake Allen to transfer

Who is more likely to beat Florida in 2018?

• Kentucky

Votes: 18 30.5%
  • Missouri

Votes: 41 69.5%

• Total voters

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Damn, that's landing on your feet well.
Seriously? He basically gave up football. Landing on your feet well is going juco then landing at Barn, winning an NC and Heisman.

He was supposed to be an athlete not a stock broker.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Seriously? He basically gave up football. Landing on your feet well is going juco then landing at Barn, winning an NC and Heisman.

He was supposed to be an athlete not a stock broker.
Jeez you can be dense when you're in a foul mood. He wasn't going to the NFL and he certainly didn't walk away from the game. He exponentially increased his options for when he graduates.

What's the average shelf life of an NFL player anyway? Not long. Allen did well for himself, esp considering he wasn't wanted here and he has limited upside.

Let's get you some Zoloft before the night's out. I'm concerned, Lesbo.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
5-10, 180 sounds, weak armed sounds like Shane Matthews out of high school.

Now wait for Law to point out he was Mississippi all-everything.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
5-10, 180 sounds, weak armed sounds like Shane Matthews out of high school.

Now wait for Law to point out he was Mississippi all-everything.
Don't forget mullet power.

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
Probably could have gotten a scholly at some low D 1 school and sat on the pine. But if he can academically get into an IVY league school, he can probably get some type of academic aid and in the grand scheme his IVY league diploma will earn him more money than a diploma from a school where he took such classes as Underwater Basket Weaving and Advanced Toenail Clipping

Agreed. Good move for him. Barring a miracle, he won’t be playing in the NFL so a degree from Dartmouth will set him up nicely after college.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
I expected him to go juco or 1aa... maybe become a coach after college.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Sirius question. What kind of prospect would Kerwin Bell be today?

lizardbreath

Nov 5, 2016
Well Jake Allen was the obvious first to go. there's a ton of others that expect Andrew Mike and and some dbs, but I've been expecting Mike to leave for 3 years. We're not short on scholarship so there's no pressure yet I guess. It is the beauty of having 70 "scholly" players, no pressure to hurt anyone's feelings.

On a side note - Imagine the horror of awakening to the fact that you are a gay female, trapped in a male donkey's body. It's really quite Kafkaesque when you think about it.

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
Wow, thought he'd at least get a scholly. No schollies in Ivy League or Div 3.

Technically true, but Dartmouth, like most Ivy League schools, is “need blind” in their admissions, which means they meet all demonstrated need. If his family is not uber-rich he will get whatever help they calculate is warranted.

And they lower their admissions standards for athletes. They don’t take dummies but a 1300 SAT might be sufficient for an athlete, whereas a non-athlete may need a 1500, be valedictorian, president of their class and have started their own nonprofit.

Theologator

Enchanter
Lifetime Member
Aug 11, 2015
On a side note - Imagine the horror of awakening to the fact that you are a gay female, trapped in a male donkey's body. It's really quite Kafkaesque when you think about it.

Or, say you’re a lesbian trapped in a man’s body and that has worked out well for years because you don’t need batteries, but then you meet another lesbian trapped in a man’s body. Suddenly you realize you really do like girls.

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
2 sirius.

Okay. I didn’t follow recruiting back then but my guess is he’d be a high 3/low 4 star prospect. If Franks got 4 star status I think Kerwin could have squeaked into that club, too.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Okay. I didn’t follow recruiting back then but my guess is he’d be a high 3/low 4 star prospect. If Franks got 4 star status I think Kerwin could have squeaked into that club, too.
A fat slow guy with no arm?

No.

They give an extra strar to project types who are NFL build, big arm, whatever, but Kerwin was none of the above.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Birthdays

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    A2xGator