Jake Paul vs Mike Tyson

AlexDaGator

Founding Member
The Hammer of Thor
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Guys, if this is a legit fight, there is no way in hell Jake Paul will beat Mike Tyson. No disrespect to anybody that posted in this thread, but all the talk about Tyson's 57 so he's at a disadvantage, stamina is an issue, adrenaline is an issue, Tyson needs to get inside of Paul, etc. is crazy talk. Even if Tyson didn't train, he'd kill Jake Paul. You're talking about a legit professional boxer, who was the world champion in the heavyweight division. He fought the best in the business for 30+ years, starting from about 13 years old in the amateur ranks, through the Olympic trials and all the way to the pros. This is on top of having grown up as a streetfighter in a rough section of New York. Jake Paul, on the other hand, is a former Disney TV star and YouTuber who took up boxing 6 years ago and has fought some handpicked guys that were tailor made for him. He has some skills relative to the average person but that's it. There is no way Jake Paul could win this fight...IF it was a real fight. Mike Tyson would absolutely murder him in the first round if he really tried.

However, this won't be a real fight. This will be more like an exhibition, similar to when Tyson fought Roy Jones, Jr. 6 or so years ago. Neither guy really went full speed and it was more like a friendly sparring match. I think this is what we'll see and it will go down as a draw. I doubt this will even be sanctioned so the result won't go on either fighter's record. If it is sanctioned, I just can't see Tyson holding back on knocking this guy out, for pride and reputation sake alone, unless he's that desperate for a paycheck, and a second paycheck in the "rematch".

Bingo. Glorified sparring. It's going to be a pillow fight.

'Joke' Mike Tyson vs Jake Paul boxing rule changes entire landscape of fight

Jake Paul's upcoming controversial boxing bout with Mike Tyson is reportedly set to be fought with headguards and a whopping 18oz gloves, Derek Chisora has revealed. Tyson is set to come out of retirement for a one-off bout against YouTuber-turned-Boxer Paul, with a fight to be streamed on Netflix with both men set to receive handsome paydays.

He told reporter Radio Rahim: "I know for a fact they are using 18oz gloves and headguards – if I'm not mistaken. I think so. So we're watching a sparring match. It's a f****** joke. You think I'm paying to watch that?"

Boxers usually fight with 8 or 10oz gloves, while sparring with 14oz gloves to prepare for their bouts. While the gloves are heavier, they are filled with much more padding, taking significant power out of the blows so that fighters are not injured in training.

Alex.

Nalt

Jul 23, 2020
I hope Tyson has a Samson moment and for one last time goes out and ends a guy's career. We should be thanking Jake Paul for taking this risk; he's a schitbag human who is begging for karma to visit him.
Are you aware that Samson lost BADLY to an opponent who was MUCH younger and had NO experience fighting (well, other than a bear and a lion)?

:dunno:

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Tyson actually really likes Jake Paul. I’ve seen a few YouTube videos around that.

It’s interesting.

Nalt

Jul 23, 2020
Videos of Tyson training for this fight have been coming across my Instagram feed. Dear lord Tyson is going to maul jake paul.
I would love to see some training videos of JP for comparison. If this were a real fight, I'd be willing to bet that he wouldn't last past the 2nd round with Iron Mike.

G8trwood

Lifetime Member
Nov 29, 2015
For the old folks, was it Frazier or Foreman that they originally had working in Rocky, but had to stop the sparing because they couldn’t go light enough to not kill the star ;) Apparently a graze from a real fighter isn’t

Detroitgator

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2014
For the old folks, was it Frazier or Foreman that they originally had working in Rocky, but had to stop the sparing because they couldn’t go light enough to not kill the star ;) Apparently a graze from a real fighter isn’t
Pretty sure it was Glassss Joooooe…

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
You think he takes it easy on Jake?
A little. He’s much more mellow now. So I think he’ll come out competitively. But he won’t try to beat his ass. He likes Jake Paul.

Nalt

Jul 23, 2020
I saw something on social media that claimed that JP has a clause written into the contract that he will be allowed to wear head-gear but MT can not. Not sure if true or not but there is no way that I would ever go into a fight, exhibition or not, against MT wearing head-gear unless he was too. Even though he wouldn't need it...

GatorJ

Founding Member
Hopeful
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I saw something on social media that claimed that JP has a clause written into the contract that he will be allowed to wear head-gear but MT can not. Not sure if true or not but there is no way that I would ever go into a fight, exhibition or not, against MT wearing head-gear unless he was too. Even though he wouldn't need it...
I read the same. They also have to wear massively padded gloves.

Nalt

Jul 23, 2020
I read the same. They also have to wear massively padded gloves.
I'd love to see them go at it bare-knuckled and no head-gear. Probably wouldn't last long for JP and he would be in ICU for a few days/weeks.

AlexDaGator

Founding Member
The Hammer of Thor
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
I'd love to see them go at it bare-knuckled and no head-gear. Probably wouldn't last long for JP and he would be in ICU for a few days/weeks.

Modern boxers aren't trained to fight bare-knuckle.

"Keep your gloves up" is how they protect their heads using the gloves as padding/cushioning.

There's a good chance they'd hurt their hands striking their opponent's head too.

That's why MMA uses open-finger gloves. Without gloves, there wouldn't be much striking (and a lot more bleeding). MMA competition gloves are very light.

Alex.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator