Jawaan Taylor is the real deal

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
I've read similar reports on other sites as well. Would love to see him be a major contributor. Also heard good stuff about Heggie.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
You know, that spread trick play Spurrier used ? On a play where the opposing defense doesn't know if
run or pass is coming, why can't our OL guys now & then drive forward like they do when run blocking.
Wouldn't the switchup cause DL knockbacks that would not jeopardize the QB's time to throw. Seems that
would have a greater likelihood of succeeding than other trick plays ? And maybe, it leads to some pancake
blocks that fire up our linemen. It would have to remove some of the monotony on our OL guys ?

Don't LBs "read" off how the OL moves ? So wouldn't that draw the LBs to the line, leaving an area wide
open for our TEs or dangerous Powell crossing, like the TD vs ole Miss but more open.?? Seems this would
come in handy if the opponent's DL were pushing our OL into the pocket on pass blocking ?

What say ye posters with good CFB know-how ?

Kyng

Founding Member
The Freak
Lifetime Member
Jun 21, 2014
Founding Member
But he's only a 3 star. How good can he really be? I mean come on.

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
Here's something I saw on Heggie:

Saw that, too. I saw another article when Mac first started to talk up Taylor, he also mentioned that Heggie was picking things up quickly and playing well. I don't want to depend on freshmen OL, but I'll be happy if they can help us look better than last year.

LongTooth

Lifetime Member
Feb 4, 2015
"Down to 335".......:yes:I really like the way this offensive line is shaping up.

Commentary here and elsewhere notes they shredded him down to around 310 and then built him back up with muscle. less fat, more beef. total body transformation. Cox says he's freakishly strong.

Best news is that if he emerges and takes top spot at his position, Ivey stays at OG.

Concrete Helmet

Hook, Line, and Sinker
Lifetime Member
Jul 29, 2014
Commentary here and elsewhere notes they shredded him down to around 310 and then built him back up with muscle. less fat, more beef. total body transformation. Cox says he's freakishly strong.

Best news is that if he emerges and takes top spot at his position, Ivey stays at OG.
I really had pictured him more of a guard because of his weight allowing Ivey to move to RT but if he's able to move his feet well enough to play tackle then so be it. We already know Ivey can at least play guard pretty well at this level so either way we seem to be making progress.

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
I'm excited for the future of the OL. But it may be another bumpy year on the line if we have some true freshman starting or getting a lot of playing time especially ay the tackle positions. But, trial by fire. This bodes well for the future.

Gator Fever

Founding Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
If he is at least even in practice put him out there and see what happens. There has been a few true freshman OL in the SEC in recent years that had pretty good seasons.

GatorRaz

Gator Fan in Enemy Territory!!!
Dec 12, 2014
If he is at least even in practice put him out there and see what happens. There has been a few true freshman OL in the SEC in recent years that had pretty good seasons.
I agree. We have a top tier defense that should push our young OL. Being able to compete against those guys on a daily basis is a huge positive!

TLB

Just chillin'
Lifetime Member
Jan 6, 2015
why can't our OL guys now & then drive forward like they do when run blocking.

Because they would likely drive past the line of scrimmage. On a run play, that's fine. On a passing play, you suddenly have an ineligible receiver down field penalty.

rogdochar

Founding Member
RIP
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Because they would likely drive past the line of scrimmage. On a run play, that's fine. On a passing play, you suddenly have an ineligible receiver down field penalty.

Makes sense TLB ... probably why I forgot that. :confused:

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.