Recruiting Jayvaughn Myers (CB) and Jeawon Taylor (Safety) commit to the Gators

soflagator

Lifetime Member
GatorJ;n256456 said:
@ClutchLikeMJ: Decommits are coming but it will be for the good https://t.co/5Cr2D9WRU9

One of our 3* DE players, Bailey, just did an interview a few weeks ago raving about Louisville and how if he got an offer he'd flip immediately. I'm not typically one of those "we didn't want him anyway" guys, but that comment not only came across as really disrespectful to his current staff, but it made me wonder if hanging on to a decent-not-great 3* is even that critical. Unless he's truly one of those diamonds that no one has discovered yet(not likely since he's from Jax Raines), he'll be behind 6-7 better guys from day 1. If it's him, I'm perfectly fine with it.

LagoonGator68

mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
Law98gator;n256416 said:
Clutchlikemj, huh? Isn't he that moron who predicted every 5 and most 4 stars were secret Gator commits?

No, he's the IDIOT who predicted it.

aka

I Deliver
Lifetime Member
More quality. Love the quote.

"He is without a doubt the most intelligent football player I've coached in 30 years," Park Crossing coach Smitty Grider said. "Not only is he athletic, but his knowledge of the game and ability to learn new concepts, he's like a coach on the field."

R

Requiem121110

aka;n256533 said:
More quality. Love the quote.

"He is without a doubt the most intelligent football player I've coached in 30 years," Park Crossing coach Smitty Grider said. "Not only is he athletic, but his knowledge of the game and ability to learn new concepts, he's like a coach on the field."

Why would you believe anything a high school coach says about one of his players? They all say that their guy is the most fantastic player in the history of the universe. I'm sure you'll find quotes from J.C. Jackson's coach, before his arrest, saying that he was an outstanding citizen that helped little old ladies cross the street. Let's hear something we haven't heard. How about, "I don't know why they'd want him, he is a bad player and is doesn't listen to his coaches." There was one coach who tried to throw his player under the bus a little last year. That was daddy Callahan, the father of the UF receiver coach, the head coach of Seffner Armwood. If you don't know, Daddy Callahan steers his players to Florida. He was peeved because his best player ever, Byron Cowart, chose another school, despite being pressured, for hours after his announcement of Auburn, by Callahan. Afterwards Callahan said something to the effect that Cowart "could" become a great player if he worked harder. The implication being that Cowart dogged it in high school. That's interesting, but the tripe above is not.

Swamp Donkey

7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
ATXGator;n256428 said:
He was actually right more than he was wrong. He nailed Scarlett and CeCe. I think he did miss some (don't remember specifics), but they all do. He does seem to have a connection with players and get some info, so he is worth the follow.

FYI... he called both the recent commits before they happened.

More right that wrong? :rotfl: He had us getting 12 of the top guys which would have had us with the top class.

MissouriGator

8802Gator;n255913 said:
So you're sa
ying the only games he had yards in were the only games he was targeted. Who'da thunk it? Robinson was 5th in the SEC in receiving yards last year in a pitiful offense. It may have seemed like he wasn't separating because he had to break off his route to come back for underthrown balls.

Robinson has a lot of talent. Reminds me of Reidel Anthony.

Swamp Donkey

7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
People forget that Reidel had some inconsistency and drops. (Ike was actually the more sure handed receiver who didn't seem to have bad games.) It happens. I know that Sas says catching a football against SEC Dbs is easy but others seem to disagree.

ATXGator

Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Law98gator;n256633 said:
More right that wrong? :rotfl: He had us getting 12 of the top guys which would have had us with the top class.

You have a list of everything he predicted and tracked it? I just remember he seemed to be right more than wrong, but I didn't follow it that close. Nobody really knows what these guys are going to do.

WobbleGator

Chatterbox Mod
ATXGator;n256707 said:
You have a list of everything he predicted and tracked it? I just remember he seemed to be right more than wrong, but I didn't follow it that close. Nobody really knows what these guys are going to do.

Law is getting Clutch confused with Crucial.

LagoonGator68

mostly peaceful protester
Lifetime Member
ATXGator;n256707 said:

I followed him for 2-3 months. He turned out to be just another twit with diarrhea of the Twitter mouth.

8802Gator

LagoonGator68;n256723 said:
I followed him for 2-3 months. He turned out to be just another twit with diarrhea of the Twitter mouth.

If you can live with his ego he is a decent follow. He talks to the recruits a lot through social media and they seem to like him, but take everything he says with a grain of salt. When it's all said and done he is just another blowhard with a twitter account.

ATXGator

Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
8802Gator;n256737 said:
If you can live with his ego he is a decent follow. He talks to the recruits a lot through social media and they seem to like him, but take everything he says with a grain of salt. When it's all said and done he is just another blowhard with a twitter account.

I agree... I do feel like he has some decent info and he can be funny at times. He does put together some cool videos.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.