Jim Harbaugh to DJ Durkin: "I want some of dat!"

GatorBart

Founding Member
:bandit:
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Meh. I was never concerned about the impact of losing Durkin. TRob and Lawing were the most important D coaches. I'm gald he landed somewhere, but did it have to be Michigan?
How much different will it be working for Harbaugh vs. Muschamp? Who knows? But he's worked for Harbaugh before and knows what he's getting into. I hate Michigan, so I can't say I wish Durkin well, except when they play Ohio State.

QueenCityGator

University of Florida Alumnus
Aug 12, 2014
Best of luck to any defensive coaches from our staff, wherever they go (even includes T-Rob, but not Muschump). However, I hope any offensive coach from our staff during the Muschump era ends up failing at lower-level programs.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Durkin and Mattison will be an excellent team up there, no doubt about it.

Founding Member
Dazed and Confused
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Durkin's obviously got something going or he wouldn't have lasted through two coaching regimes.

soflagator

Lifetime Member
Sep 4, 2014
I like the way he handled things recently, and think he's a guy that would've been nice to retain. But I also like the moves JM has made, and support the wholesale changes he thinks we need.

Best of luck to Durkin.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
soflagator;n145224 said:
Best of luck to Durkin.
He's probably already trying to take our (few) recruits, just like all the others. Not sure why anyone would wish him luck.

CapitalGator02

Founding Member
( . Y . )
Jun 17, 2014
Founding Member
oxrageous;n145227 said:
He's probably already trying to take our (few) recruits, just like all the others. Not sure why anyone would wish him luck.

If recruits want to move north of the Mason-Dixon line and freeze their asses off, good luck to them. I'll take girls sporting sundresses in December any day, regardless of the coach.

T REX

Founding Member
Jun 24, 2014
Founding Member
You're either a Gator or Gatorbait.

Btw, SOS IS a Gator and Gatorbait at the same time...weird.

CGgater

Gainesville Native
Lifetime Member
Jul 30, 2014
oxrageous;n145227 said:

This brings up an interesting question, Ox - since UF doesn't do buyout clauses, should muschamp recruit any of UF's targets, considering he's still getting PAID by UF? I think Foley should stop payment if muschamp tries to steal a recruit. Legally, no grounds, but how does someone justify (ethically) getting paid by a former employer while working against former employer? Just sayin'...

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Durkin is now Gator Bait. See ya in Jerry's world in 2017 if you make it that long.

G8RNGA

Founding Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
TN G8tr;145357 said:
Durkin is now Gator Bait. See ya in Jerry's world in 2017 if you make it that long.
:lol: This^^^

TheDouglas78

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
CGgater;n145256 said:
This brings up an interesting question, Ox - since UF doesn't do buyout clauses, should muschamp recruit any of UF's targets, considering he's still getting PAID by UF? I think Foley should stop payment if muschamp tries to steal a recruit. Legally, no grounds, but how does someone justify (ethically) getting paid by a former employer while working against former employer? Just sayin'...

They are also being paid by a rival school, which might also have that player as a target. There is too much grey area in trying to enforce that. Also they are contractually obligated to work in the best interest of their employer. It's not like they are sharing proprietary knowledge. They are all competing in a limited pool of resources for the same resources. If a recruit wants to play for him, what is going to stop that recruit from seeking him out?

GIGator

Founding Member
No One Important!
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
I hated to see Durkin go, but, I don't know all the issues that linger. It would have been nice if we could have kept him and most of the defensive staff intact, for continuity purposes. Durkin may have wanted a change. T-Rob hurts, but, Shannon will make that lose a little less painful. Just have to trust the new BC and hope for the best. The news on the recruiting front is very positive. It looks like we may land most of our top targets and steal some very good ones from that penal facility out west. I bet Warden Fisher is scrambling the Boosters to throw out some "goodies" to the families. Boy, there's a lot to get caught up on!

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.