Happy Anniversary! Jim McElwain fired

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Has @NavetG8r accepted it yet?

I don't know what you're talking about. I'm happy as a pig in ****. You still mad I wanted to wait for the official word before adding "official" to the thread title? Didn't matter anyway, after I changed it to official, the boss changed it back so all that hoopla was for nothing.

crazyeyes.jpeg

Since65

Oct 5, 2014
In Dooley's column today he claims Mac told someone a couple of weeks ago "they are going to run me out of here and someone else will benefit from what I've done".
Not sure if Dooley was there when McElwain is alleged to have said that or it was told to him later but it sounds like something he would say.

Chomper

Lifetime Member
Aug 5, 2014
In Dooley's column today he claims Mac told someone a couple of weeks ago "they are going to run me out of here and someone else will benefit from what I've done".
Not sure if Dooley was there when McElwain is alleged to have said that or it was told to him later but it sounds like something he would say.
Just more "woe-is-me" from a failed wannabe coach. Whatever happened to McButt, he brought on himself. Nobody "ran" him off but too bad he can't take Tooley with him.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Benefit from what he's done? You mean continue to mire our program in lower mediocrity? I certainly hope not!
Well, he signed more bluechip WRs than Chimp, 1/4 the QBs and destroyed the defense. Perfect.

This toolbag really thins he built something. You know, an explosive offense and the world's best OL.

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Jim McElwain: The Denver Post noted today that Jim McElwain still owes $1 million to Colorado State in connection with his buyout. Per contract McElwain owed CSU $7.5 million. They negotiated a settlement in which Florida paid CSU $3 million, Mac would pay $2 million and Florida is paying CSU $2 million for a game guarantee (2018 in Gainesville). McElwain’s payments were scheduled for $333,000 every June 30th for six years. He has made all three payments due thus far. Read more from the Post here.

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
So is Clarabelle fired too or what??

No, I already addressed this issue. Clarabelle was granted a medical hardship, remain on a scholly that doesn’t count against us and stay in school to finish up her degree. She won’t be on the team anymore, though. I think the diagnosis is PTSD. Living with Mac will do that to a dog.

GatorInGeorgia

Lifetime Member
Aug 25, 2014
I feel like more is going to come out. Stories are already starting to pop up that are unfavorable for butters.

I didn’t post this earlier in the year although I should have. I was curious if anybody knew if Mac was a big drinker. I don’t have any knowledge about this but couldn’t help but wonder if this may have been a contributing factor to this train wreck? Anybody have any insight into this?

maheo30

WiLLLLLLLie! WiLLLLLLLie!
Lifetime Member
Jul 24, 2014
Frank Frangie's comments were very interesting. He said,

1. Mac saw Saban be the boss at bama. If he needed something, he told them to get it for him. There was no asking. It was that way for Mac at CSU. He acted that way at UF. The problem, unlike HBC and Meyer, he hadn't earned it. This "I'm the boss" attitude rubbed evertyone the wrong way.

2. He wanted the facilities improved. When it didn't come fast enough he became combative. According to Frangie, he routinely pissed off Stricklin and Fuchs with his comments about not spending enough money necessary to win. His attitude was toxic.

3. Throw that in with losing, the arrests and the death threat lie, it was time for him to go. The admin. had enough of him. The fact he only got 4 million, says even more was going on behind the scenes we don't know about.

I found Frangie's comments about the facilities the most interesting.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Does Mac honestly believe none of these upgrades would have happened without him asking for them?

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Mac doesn't even get to coach in the game set up because he was the coach at both schools :lol2:

OcalaGator83

Not Hopeful
Lifetime Member
Oct 23, 2014
Anyone listen to Dooley's podcast where he brags over and over about how much he knew that nobody else knew or knows but couldn't tell anybody? Guy has zero connections and once more got run over by a story he never saw coming and is now trying to act like he knew it all along and before everyone else.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.