Jim McElwain's Introductory Press Conference

The Original DC

Founding Member
Postradamus
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Outstanding first impression, can't wait for him to get on the recruiting trail to show that character, humor and personality. I seriously laughed out loud at his answer to what he would be doing for the bowl game; "eating popcorn, and maybe tailgating with Bernie," looking over at UF's President. Funny stuff! Championships!

RocketCityGator

In All Kinds of Weather
Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
Great sense of humor and not rigidly fixed to a scheme. Talks all three phases. And he cooks too. LOL
I also noticed his reference to getting and "architecture" in place. Kind of sounded like Saban's "process".

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I like what I heard. He sounds exactly like what UF needs right now.

G8RNGA

Founding Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
The Original DC;126499 said:
Outstanding first impression, can't wait for him to get on the recruiting trail to show that character, humor and personality. I seriously laughed out loud at his answer to what he would be doing for the bowl game; "eating popcorn, and maybe tailgating with Bernie," looking over at UF's President. Funny stuff! Championships!
Ha! I thought the Bernie shout out was awesome!

The Original DC

Founding Member
Postradamus
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
I kinda want to have a beer or six and grill some steaks with Mac. Something tells me Spurrier just got some competition in the quotable quotes department.

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Color me cautiiosly optimistic. Seems like a nice guy. Didn't talk much football. Ready to see how things unfold especially with recruiting and staff.

MidwestChomp

Fun was the goal and we hit the bullseye
Lifetime Member
Sep 15, 2014
Law98gator;n126484 said:
Dm_110927_ncf_muschamp_sot.jpg

Hilarious.

KCgator

Superhero
Sep 7, 2014
williston_gator;n126506 said:
Color me cautiiosly optimistic. Seems like a nice guy. Didn't talk much football. Ready to see how things unfold especially with recruiting and staff.

What presser did you watch? He talked plenty about football.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Good Lawd. Still watching SECN and every other play is either Bammer or MIzzu sacking Driskel or burning Morrison (commentator: he new it was a TD when he saw that LB on the WR) and Gorman.

Edit: just showed both Mizzu and Bammer punking Hump (focusing on Hump opening the gate too early and not staying square).

I'm going to rewind and watch the presser again.

Mudd

Lurker
Aug 19, 2014
Chomper;n126498 said:
I kept waiting for him to explain what a mid-line is. But otherwise, I like him..... a lot! Gooooooo Gators!!

Well if you had good eye control you would know, right. I mean it's the best way to overcome THE ADVERITY ON THE FIELD!!

G8RNGA

Founding Member
Jun 20, 2014
Founding Member
williston_gator;126506 said:
i hear you, but this wasn't meant to be about the Xs and Os and was more about bringing back "the brand" of UF football that he mentioned many times. This was an opportunity to win recruits and fans by learning more about Jim McElwain the man.

The Original DC

Founding Member
Postradamus
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Quote from Tennesee fan: "wow, Florida's coach is an assclown." LOL

All the more reason to love him already!

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
crosscreekcooter;n126469 said:
This is the kind of nice guy that will give you a real country boy ass whipping if you piss him off

Well, I hope Mark Richt pisses him off early and often.

The Original DC

Founding Member
Postradamus
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
From what I've seen, it will be impossible for recruits and moms/dads/aunts/uncles of recruits to not find this guy very likeable and engaging.

williston_gator

Founding Member
Twitter junkie
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
KCgator;n126509 said:
What presser did you watch? He talked plenty about football.

I did miss some of it actually. Family thing plus sec network cut away.

divits

Founding Member
A Muffin of the Studly Variety
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
I guess I like him because he seems to have the same idea about football that I do. Too many coaches try to make it seem like football is so complicated and that putting together a winning team is like solving the space/time continuum. What it takes is a group of like minded guys with some skills and a certain attitude. The blocking, tackling and catching are pretty basic. I think Spurrier shares that attitude too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator