Starts in about 3 minutes.

[video=youtube;ZNpkrFY-o4A]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZNpkrFY-o4A[/video]

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I hear he said that Grier didn't lock up the starting job yet despite the comeback, saying that's what he's supposed to do. If he runs a rotation of QBs against Ole Miss, we are going to lose. It's a bad idea. Oh, and **** ole miss

gardnerwebbgator

Founding Member
Aight Then
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
Treon shouldn't see the field again unless there is an injury. Saturday Grier won the job for the rest of the season in that 4th quarter.

stephenPE

Lifetime Member
Jul 20, 2014
What kind of arrogance it must be to tell the guy who has coached these guys for months and coached a team to 4-0 when the prevailing wisdom said no way with the O line we have who should be QB. Without his 4th down heroics we are toast. That said I think the boy, with time in the pocket, will produce what we need. But mac is the boss and knows much more than you know from game day. Just saying. I guess you dont remember SOS and his "relief pitcher" analogy about the QBs.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Yeah, I'm not sure why JMac is still pumping up Treon. I guess Grady really is that bad and he knows he's got to keep Treon engaged no matter how much he screws up off the field.

Alagator

Founding Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
He also moderately commented on the bad spot for their last field goal try I started that thread on. I was hoping he'd give us a little more of his thoughts on them cheating bastards...nut not surprised he played it close to the vest.

I bet from here on out, he'll have a guy in the box checking on that in tight game situations to make sure we don't lose one because of shady officials.

URGatorBait

Founding Member
Ox's Former Favorite Poster
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
stephenPE;n287300 said:
What kind of arrogance it must be to tell the guy who has coached these guys for months and coached a team to 4-0 when the prevailing wisdom said no way with the O line we have who should be QB. Without his 4th down heroics we are toast. That said I think the boy, with time in the pocket, will produce what we need. But mac is the boss and knows much more than you know from game day. Just saying. I guess you dont remember SOS and his "relief pitcher" analogy about the QBs.

Who was talking directly to coach mac? :crazy:

Btw, 2 of the 4 biggest wins, "relatively speaking", came solely on the back of Will Grier. So there's that.

GatorTAG

Paid Member
Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2014
Gotta give Grier a feeling of "what the heck do I have to do to win the job". And sharing practice snaps or looking over his shoulder has to be frustrating. Wish he'd pick a guy and stop this mess.

SGG

Call me Ernie, or Big Ern
Lifetime Member
Sep 24, 2015
Anyone who thinks Grier isn't the starter unless he gets injured or frigs up really badly after those 4th quarter heroics should have their urethra stapled shut.

Last thing Grier needed was Mac giving him a public "atta boy" in the Monday morning presser. He is, afterall, a second year player still.

He's the guy from here on out. Book it.

GatorTAG

Paid Member
Lifetime Member
Oct 21, 2014
Let me get this straight, Mac is actually starting a tradition of putting a purple sombrero on one of our players before each game? :headslap:

Florida%20Gators%20University%20of%20Florida%20Football%20Gator%20Walk%20Tennessee%20Volunteers-Gator%20Walk-9-26-2015-1-18-31%20PM.jpg

Swamped Gator

Sep 17, 2014
NavetG8r;n287302 said:
Yeah, I'm not sure why JMac is still pumping up Treon. I guess Grady really is that bad and he knows he's got to keep Treon engaged no matter how much he screws up off the field.

This! He's still one play away from being our starter.......

The Original DC

Founding Member
Postradamus
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Mac is refreshing and enjoyable.

Regarding Grier starting, two things at play here; 1) he's trying to give Old Miss just a little bit of doubt even if Ole Miss knows better. 2) Grier is banged-up and to me it looks like his right rib area, lingering from Kentucky. We likely will need Harris to take some critical snaps at some point this year so Mac has to be careful not to have Harris check-out psychologically. If you go in to a press conference and declare everything is perfect, Grier is your man, he's the unquestioned starter for the rest of the year, you may see Treon completely check out.

Mac's got this, y'all.

The Original DC

Founding Member
Postradamus
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
GatorTAG;n287338 said:
Let me get this straight, Mac is actually starting a tradition of putting a purple sombrero on one of our players before each game? :headslap:

Florida%20Gators%20University%20of%20Florida%20Football%20Gator%20Walk%20Tennessee%20Volunteers-Gator%20Walk-9-26-2015-1-18-31%20PM.jpg

The way I understood it is, it's a player with a low profile and may only see a very small but very important role. This week it was Deondre Porter who got a hand full of snaps at CB and took Tabor's place on all special teams. I also saw Porter make a big-yardage saving tackle on one of Dobbs' breakout runs.

ATXGator

Founding Member
Austin Gator
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
Grier is and should be the starter. I wouldn't take what Mac said and equal that to what he tells the players.

That said... Grier has not played that amazing. Yes, he made some great plays the last two drives, but there is also a reason we have to go for it on 4th down 5 times during a game. Grier had a couple really badly thrown deep balls and a bad interception earlier in the game. To me, he seems to now be really focusing on 1 receiver vs. going threw his progressions like he did earlier. I think he will learn and grow, but lets not act like this kid played lights out all game... he made some bad throws and some mistakes also.

ufgator2002

Bleeds Orange and Blue
Aug 11, 2014
URGatorBait;n287291 said:
I hear he said that Grier didn't lock up the starting job yet despite the comeback, saying that's what he's supposed to do. If he runs a rotation of QBs against Ole Miss, we are going to lose. It's a bad idea. Oh, and **** ole miss

I do not think that will be the case. Mac is a cool character in how he speaks to the press. That is why they keep digging at him about a starter. He has a plan, IMHO, I believe he knows in his mind, Will is the starter, but because you deal with young egos and a politically correct media, he is not going to give them anything to use in the news against him or his players.

The Original DC

Founding Member
Postradamus
Lifetime Member
Jun 12, 2014
Founding Member
Grier is the man, no doubt. I mean, the guy just had one of the most legendary 4th quarters in the history of Gator quarterbacking, and we've had a few fairly decent QB's over the years. The other guy just got suspended for smoking an illegal drug and choosing to break the law and rules of the football team and University.

But it makes no sense for Mac to show his hand at a Monday press conference.

TN G8tr

Founding Member
The "Original" TN G8tr
Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2014
Founding Member
The Original DC;n287369 said:
Mac is refreshing and enjoyable.

Regarding Grier starting, two things at play here; 1) he's trying to give Old Miss just a little bit of doubt even if Ole Miss knows better. 2) Grier is banged-up and to me it looks like his right rib area, lingering from Kentucky. We likely will need Harris to take some critical snaps at some point this year so Mac has to be careful not to have Harris check-out psychologically. If you go in to a press conference and declare everything is perfect, Grier is your man, he's the unquestioned starter for the rest of the year, you may see Treon completely check out.

Mac's got this, y'all.

That's right give Ole Miss lots to think about. Mac knows exactly what he wants to do. Grier is our QB plain and simple. I think Mac is doing many things in addition to all of this coach speak. Making sure Will is engaged and continuing to learn and not get overconfident. TH needs to get his head back in the game as he is literally one snap away from playing. He is making sure that TH is engaged as well.

gator lester

Sep 13, 2015
TN G8tr;n287491 said:
That's right give Ole Miss lots to think about. Mac knows exactly what he wants to do. Grier is our QB plain and simple. I think Mac is doing many things in addition to all of this coach speak. Making sure Will is engaged and continuing to learn and not get overconfident. TH needs to get his head back in the game as he is literally one snap away from playing. He is making sure that TH is engaged as well.

I agree but whatever is being done with TH is not that effective. Not engaged enough not to do whatever got him suspended, on the sidelines seems distant and not interested. I sure hope not, but evidence trumps hope.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.