Jury reaches verdict in J.C. Jackson case

t-gator

Founding Member
too sexy for my shirt
Lifetime Member
Jun 13, 2014
Founding Member
Durty South Swamp;n312287 said:
You kidding me? He's going to be suiting up FOR them, jimbobs got him on the phone right now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That's true. I believe armed robbery is worth 10 tomahawks on your helmet in tally.

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
threatmatrix;n312247 said:
What crimes were those?

"Police say Jackson went to the victim's home to hang out and smoke marijuana. Jackson came inside without knocking, introduced two other men and left."
"Police say Jackson knew the person who lived at the apartment."
"He's what under the law we would call principle 2, and a principal 2 and offense is just as guilty as if you had committed it yourself,”

​So because he knew the guys that committed the crime he got accused of the same crime all though he was't carrying a weapon and didn't rob anybody. Is that basically what happened? Sounds like a jury, presented with all the facts, didn't think Jackson knew the real criminals intended to rob his friend.

From another poster on a different board: JC's own attorney admitted that Jackson took the two robbers to the house, led them in, walked back out and basically acted as a lookout and even came back into the house at one point to tell them to hurry.

His defense was that a crime was going to occur with or without his participation.

The prosecution certainly could have gotten a verdict if they had chosen lesser charges. Jackson refused to roll over on his friends and the prosecutor reacted by going with the toughest charges he could levy.

If he had been charged with aiding and abetting or similar lesser charges he certainly would have been convicted. His own lawyer basically admitted that he participated in the robbery, but did not actually commit the robbery.

This seems to be consistent with the story. But it might not be correct.

alcoholica

Founding Member
I'm what Willis was talking about
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
I think Mac has done well enough this year to not require the GCMB permission on this. I doubt we see him back though

oxking

Founding Member
Pops
Lifetime Member
Jun 23, 2014
Founding Member
We must remember, acquitted doesn't mean he wasn't guilty. There was enough smoke to indicate this guy was starting a fire. Who needs it?

Doopree

Lifetime Member
Sep 2, 2015
America believes in second chances! Look at Michael Vick, he personally drowned multiple dogs (with his hands) and is now the beloved starting QB for the Steelers. Why not JC Jackson?

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
7-14 vs P5 Fire Stricklin First
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
He can have a fourth chance at any school that will take him, probably Auburn or Looovulle.

Bait'n Gator

Go away..... bait'n
Lifetime Member
Mar 14, 2015
I'm pretty sure every championship we ever won had a few future felons on it. He was starting ahead of Tabor before he was kicked off, if Mac thinks he deserves a second chance then by all means so do I. Winning trumps everything except rape and stealing crab legs, **** that guy.

alcoholica

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Anyone who's been to the Glades area knows most of these kids grow up with 2 strikes. Most kids out of that area are a crap shoot to begin with

MJMGator

Founding Member
Slightly amused
Lifetime Member
Jun 10, 2014
Founding Member
alcoholica;n312467 said:
Anyone who's been to the Glades area knows most of these kids grow up with 2 strikes. Most kids out of that area are a crap shoot to begin with

So that means we should just overlook his behavior?

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Bait'n Gator;n312456 said:
. Winning trumps everything except rape and stealing crab legs, **** that guy.
So, you are seriously taking the position that shoplifting is worse than burglary and armed robbery?

if Mac thinks he deserves a second chance then by all means so do I
Mac didn't suspend him, he kicked him off the team and the university expelled him. It's not up to Mac anyway at this point.

Fvkk him. He is gone. Long gone. There is a reason that Huntley Johnson didn't show up. The decision was made long ago.

ChiefGator

A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!
Lifetime Member
Nov 9, 2015
Captain Sasquatch;n312486 said:
I heard the robber position on defense is opening up for 2016..........

Amusing.

Bait'n Gator

Go away..... bait'n
Lifetime Member
Mar 14, 2015
Law98gator;n312485 said:
So, you are seriously taking the position that shoplifting is worse than burglary and armed robbery?

Do you seriously think I was being serious?

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Bait'n Gator;n312501 said:
Law98gator;n312485 said:

Do you seriously think I was being serious?

YouDontKnowMeTextGif.gif

ThreatMatrix

Lifetime Member
Aug 28, 2014
MJMGator;n312480 said:

I'm saying we tend to overlook the behavior of starters.

Actually I'm not saying anything. I don't really care.

alcoholica

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
MJMGator;n312480 said:

It was just an observation. You're going to have tons of character issues if you recruit the Glades heavily. Some will shape up with discipline and structure, and some won't.

If Mac thinks he deserves another chance, that's up to him. If I remember correctly, the decision to dismiss JC came down from above Mac, or at least that was insinuated. So there is a chance that Mac will take him back. If recruiting goes well at DB and WR, that could influence as well.

Swamp Donkey

Founding Member
Lifetime Member
Jun 9, 2014
Founding Member
Naah. Ask law which two sec teams have the most wins over the past two seasons.
Who AR? Bammer and LSU I'd guess off the top of my head. I won't say the name of the other team that comes to mind.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator