Just Say No ... to Mullen

Discussion in 'Guest Area' started by Orange and (I'm) Blue, Oct 28, 2017.

1. Orange and (I'm) Blue

Ratings:
    +0 / -0
    Let me get this out of the way first: Thanks for the opportunity to compose a guest post. Much appreciated. OK, on to business.

Let's assume Mac will be gone. Can we puh-lease get a preemptive online petition going in which we let Strickland know that we don't want Mississippi State's coach as Mac's successor? Why would anyone be, ahem, mullin' over Mullen? I'm just sooooooooooo not in the "Mullen for UF Coach" camp, and I never will be.

OK, he has a 66-44 record at Mississippi State, which is obviously a tough place to win. But has he done anything incredible? Not really. Even in 2014, when MSU (with Prescott) reached #1 in the polls, the team finished 1-3. And is 66-44 a splashy record? No. And at this point — after the Muschamp and Mac eras — UF needs a splashy hire. It has to be someone who will excite the fan base and put an exciting offense on the field. Does Mullen scream excitement? Not to me. Not at all.

When you're looking to hire a new coach, you come up with a list of traits he must possess, right? Well, why should these two "traits" be on any list:

1. He coached at UF (a decade ago)

2. He coaches where our current AD was once AD

My reply to both "traits" above: Who effing cares?!?! Any potential successor list the UF administration is putting together shouldn't include people simply because they have connections to the school or people at the school. It should only include people that have traits that lead you believe they would kick ass at the job. And I'm sorry, but Mullen doesn't come close to cutting it, in my humble opinion.

And yeah, I get that wish lists are wish lists for a reason, but I still think there are so many guys out there better than Mullen who would bring life to this moribund program. I, for one, wouldn't mind if it got Frost-y in Gainesville soon.

Sorry to go on and on (and on). Thanks for letting me vent my anti-Mullen feelings and, of course ...

GO GATORS!!!

2. Wuerffel4Pres

Wuerffel4Pres No offense
    Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
    $78
    Ratings:
    +685 / -35
    CAN I GET AN AMEN?!!!

3. NavetG8r

NavetG8r Stupid

Oxbucks:
    $540
    Ratings:
    +9,373 / -62
    Good post. Wish you'd register and post it in the main forum.

4. FireFoley

FireFoley Senior Member

Oxbucks:
    $81
    Ratings:
    +1,329 / -33
    FYI. about 90% + on here have been saying no to Cousin Eddie for about 10 years now, even when he was OC here. Cousin Eddie is NOT an option!!!!!!!!

5. Orange and (I'm) Blue

Ratings:
    +0 / -0
    That's good to hear, but we need the decision-makers in the UAA to feel the same way. I worry they don't. I worry big-time, because Mullen would be such an underwhelming hire. I don't want to be underwhelmed after suffering through nearly a decade of offensive ineptitude. I don't want to be whelmed, either. I want to be overwhelmed. I want to be overoveroveroverwhelmed. After the product I've watched for lo these many years, I deserve that! We deserve that.

6. FireFoley

FireFoley Senior Member

Oxbucks:
    $81
    Ratings:
    +1,329 / -33
    If you are counting on our admin. to do something good, then I say prepare yourself to be underwhelmed. They can't tie their own shoelaces over there.

7. AlexDaGator

AlexDaGator The Hammer of Thor
    Lifetime Member

Oxbucks:
    $101
    Ratings:
    +6,733 / -10
    Solid post.

Now register and post more.

Alex.

8. ChiefGator

ChiefGator A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!

Oxbucks:
    $132
    Ratings:
    +1,359 / -138
    Great post, but I do wonder if the powers that actually decide pay any attention to say online stuff, or at least not that much attention.

I don't have the answer for sure, if I did I would get the big money being an AD.

9. rogdochar

rogdochar Senior Member

Oxbucks:
    $222
    Ratings:
    +6,464 / -34
    Wow with all y'all's great postings, why just remain onlurkers. Get your mindings in the
    mainscream media where the GatChat masses can read them, reparte' please.

10. Lord Quasimodo

Ratings:
    +0 / -0
    Dan Mullen should have been the hire over Muschamp six years ago and we wouldn't be in shambles today.

Now it doesn't matter. Saban and Alabama have total control over the SEC. Everyone else doesn't stand a chance. We can hire anyone we want now because there is nothing to really play for. I would prefer to hire someone cheaper than Mullen.

11. NavetG8r

NavetG8r Stupid

Oxbucks:
    $540
    Ratings:
    +9,373 / -62
    :rolleyes4:

12. ChiefGator

ChiefGator A Chief and a Gator, Master of the Ignore list!!!!

Oxbucks:
    $132
    Ratings:
    +1,359 / -138
    He has said NO to us, so no need for us to say NO to him.