Status
Not open for further replies.

NavetG8r

Founding Member
Stupid
Lifetime Member
Jun 11, 2014
Founding Member
Take it easy on the boss. He's an ok feller in my book. I think DGD could use a chill pill.

image.jpg

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
I was serious.

How exactly does a derogatory term fit with an honest discussion about the state of sports in America today?

I noticed that you have softened your stance on this issue now that it appears that he won’t be fired.
It appears that this playing out just as the fellers predicted.
Wow. Does anyone else have any idea what he is talking about? "Fellers" is a derogatory term? Who knew? I've never heard that in my life. I wasn't trying to insult anyone when I said that. I just thought "fellers" instead of "fellas" was a more endearing term to my fellow Gator brethren here. Good Christ.

What "stance" did I soften? I have no idea WTF you are talking about there either. You're automatically assuming that if he isn't fired it will be about the color of his skin?

For someone who constantly complains about safe spaces and people getting triggered and offended easily, you sure looked like a sensitive little girl on this one. This may be the biggest mountain out of a molehill in the history of Gatorchatter, and that's really saying something.

FELLERS. :triggered:

AlexDaGator

Founding Member
The Hammer of Thor
Lifetime Member
Jun 19, 2014
Founding Member
I’ve been around a lot of athletes and coaches right after a loss. Emotions can run high depending on the personalities involved. People say and do things in the moment that they wouldn’t do even 10 minutes later. It is what it is.

Gard is a meticulous game manager. Worried about getting the ball over the center stripe in four seconds? Overkill. He could have welcomed the experience for his scrubs. The Badgers weren’t going to lose the game.

I think the season is wearing on Howard. This team hasn’t played well and certainly not compared to a year ago. I don’t think he was at risk of being fired before this happened. I doubt he is now. He’s a beloved former Wolverine. He’ll survive this with his tail between his legs.

Spurrier's teams would get big leads throwing the ball. Then, later in games, he'd run the ball to end it. Some opposing coaches, knowing he wanted to run the ball, would crowd the box, even run blitz. Spurrier didn't like it. He had no compunction against running a play action and then throwing it over the defense when they did that. He would get accused of not showing good sportsmanship, throwing the ball when the game was well in hand, but he didn't care. He was happy to empty his bench and run the ball to end the game so long as the opposition was cooperating.

My understanding was that Michigan was running a full-court press. If the game was over and Michigan wasn't going to win, why run the press in the last few seconds like that? Call off the dogs and we'll do the same. Game's over, right? So long as Michigan was playing and coaching like the game was still on the line, how can you fault Wisky for playing and coaching like the game was still on the line? If Wisky didn't need to call a TO because "the game was over", then Michigan didn't need to run the press because "the game was over" right?

Alex.

oxrageous

Founding Member
It's Good to be King
Administrator
Jun 5, 2014
Founding Member
Spurrier's teams would get big leads throwing the ball. Then, later in games, he'd run the ball to end it. Some opposing coaches, knowing he wanted to run the ball, would crowd the box, even run blitz. Spurrier didn't like it. He had no compunction against running a play action and then throwing it over the defense when they did that. He would get accused of not showing good sportsmanship, throwing the ball when the game was well in hand, but he didn't care. He was happy to empty his bench and run the ball to end the game so long as the opposition was cooperating.

My understanding was that Michigan was running a full-court press. If the game was over and Michigan wasn't going to win, why run the press in the last few seconds like that? Call off the dogs and we'll do the same. Game's over, right? So long as Michigan was playing and coaching like the game was still on the line, how can you fault Wisky for playing and coaching like the game was still on the line? If Wisky didn't need to call a TO because "the game was over", then Michigan didn't need to run the press because "the game was over" right?

Alex.
Agreed. I could understand coaches wanting to teach sportsmanship to minors playing sports, but once it gets to grown-ass men playing the game, this whining over being "shown up" needs to end. Grow some balls.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Help Users

You haven't joined any rooms.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TheFoodGator